How to change your registered agent in Alabama
- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
Cheaper Sites Exist
True, but we
- don’t hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
ALABAMA SECRETARY OF STATE CHANGE OF REGISTERED AGENT REQUIREMENTS AND OPTIONS
What you need to change your registered agent in Alabama:
- $25 change of agent fee
- Change of Registered Agent or Registered Office form (Alabama Secretary of State site)
- Signature of new agent (doesn’t need to be an original)
- Alabama Entity ID Number
- Additional fees may be required ($3 fee for an acknowledgement copy of the document; $100 for an expedited filing)
How to change your Alabama registered agent:
- Find your Alabama Entity ID Number
This number was assigned to your business when you formed your AL limited liability company or corporation in Alabama. It’s a six-digit number and you can find it on the Secretary of State’s website by doing a name search of your company. Copy the number down and keep it handy.
- Complete the Change of Registered Agent or Registered Office form
When you’ve chosen your new Alabama registered agent service, this is a very basic form that asks for your entity ID number, your company name and address, your current registered agent’s name and address, and your new Alabama registered agent’s name, address and signature (a copy will suffice). That’s it.
- Write the check
The filing fee is $25. If you want the secretary of state to send you a confirmation once the filing is complete, include an additional $3 and a self-addressed, stamped envelope. It takes the secretary of state up to six months to complete your filing—unless you include an additional $100 to expedite the filing, in which case it will take only three business days.
- Send the filing
You can email, fax, mail, or walk-in the form to the Alabama Secretary of State. You can pay with a credit card if you file by email or fax.
Registered Agent AL Service Includes:
- Registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Alabama forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Alabama.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We’ll send multiple business privilege tax filing reminders, and you can always track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.