How to change your registered agent in Iowa
- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
Cheaper Sites Exist
True, but we
- don’t hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
IOWA SECRETARY OF STATE CHANGE OF REGISTERED AGENT REQUIREMENTS AND OPTIONS
What are the options and different ways you can change your Iowa registered agent?
All business entities can simply file a change of registered office and/or registered agent form with the Iowa Secretary of State, Business Services Division (SOS). Official SOS forms must be used when provided. Deliver the form by mail, fax or in person.
You can also change your registered agent on the biennial report that you have to file with the SOS every two years.
Finally, you can change your registered agent by filing an amendment to your articles of incorporation or organization. There is a $50 filing fee for amendments.
What is a registered agent?
How much does it cost to change your registered agent in Iowa?
There is no filing fee to change your Iowa registered agent when you file the statement of change form with the SOS.
It is easy to sign up for our registered agent service. You’ll see the pre-populated change of agent form in your online account. Fill it out with your company info, sign it, and email or mail it to us, and we’ll get it filed with the state. It’s that simple!
How long does it take the state to process and complete the change of registered agent in Iowa?
Normally, Iowa processes the change of agent in 1-2 days. Currently it is taking 2-3 days.
If you walk in your documents you can request to have them processed while you wait.
What form do you file to change your registered agent in Iowa?
All entities can file a Statement of Change of Registered Office and/or Registered Agent. It has to be signed by the new registered agent. We provide signed, pre-populated change of agent forms in your online account when you sign up for registered agent services with Northwest.
Deliver or fax one copy of the change of agent form to:
Secretary of State
Business Services Division
Lucas Building, 1st Floor
Des Moines, Iowa 50319
Fax: (515) 281-7142 or (515) 242-5953
Registered Agent Iowa Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Iowa forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Iowa.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple biennial report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.