How to change your registered agent in Mississippi
- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
Cheaper Sites Exist
True, but we
- don’t hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
Mississippi Secretary of State Change of Registered Agent Requirements and Options
What are the options and different ways you can change your Mississippi registered agent?
Change your Mississippi registered agent by filing an amendment online with the MS Secretary of State. You can complete the entire filing and pay online or you can print your forms and send them in with a check.
How much does it cost to change your registered agent in Mississippi?
Mississippi LLC: $50
Mississippi Corporation: $50
Don’t want to pay the change of agent fee? Switch your registered agent service. You’ll see the pre-populated change of agent form in your online account. Fill it out with your company info, sign it, and email or mail it to us, and we’ll get it filed with the state. It’s that simple!
How long does it take the state to process and complete the change of registered agent in Mississippi?
Online amendments are processed by the SOS within 24 hours.
If you file by mail, processing will take 2-3 days plus mail time. You can drop off your forms to eliminate mail time, but the SOS will not process them any faster.
Once documents to change your Mississippi registered agent are filed, you can view them online by going to the SOS Business Services website and click the “Search Listings” link. Then you can search for your business name, ID, officers or registered agent to see the corporation or LLCs filed documents.
What form do you file to change your registered agent in Mississippi?
There are no longer separate forms for changing your Mississippi registered agent. You just complete the online amendment process with the MS Secretary of State. You do have the option of submitting the amendment and paying online or printing the amendment and mailing it to the state.
Submit the change of agent form in person or by mail to:
Office of the Mississippi Secretary of State
Business Services Division
700 North Street
P.O. Box 136
Jackson, MS 39205-0136
Phone: (601) 359-1333
Fax: (601) 359-1499
Registered Agent Mississippi Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Mississippi forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Mississippi.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.