- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
- don't hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
How to change your registered agent in North Carolina
North Carolina Secretary of State Change of Registered Agent Requirements and Options
What are the options and different ways you can change your North Carolina registered agent?
To change the registered agent for a North Carolina business entity, submit form BE-06, Statement of Change of Registered Office and/or Registered Agent to the North Carolina Secretary of State, Corporations Division (SOS). File the statement of change by mail or in person and include a Coversheet for Corporate Filings form. Although the coversheet is only required for over-the-counter filings, it is helpful because if you provide an email address the SOS will notify you of any problems and send the certified copy after filing.
The North Carolina SOS accepts cash, certified checks, money orders, business or personal checks (with address and telephone number). Checks, etc. should be payable to the North Carolina Secretary of State.
The North Carolina SOS does not accept credit cards.
You cannot change the registered agent service when you file the annual report online. If you try to make changes to the registered agent, you will have to print the form, get the registered agent’s signature on the annual report as changed, and then submit it to the SOS with payment.
You can also change your North Carolina registered agent when you file an amendment to the articles of incorporation or organization.
Want to learn about What is a Registered Agent?
How much does it cost to change your registered agent in North Carolina?
The filing fee to change the registered agent for North Carolina corporations and LLCs is just $5.
Same day expedited processing is available for an additional $200 fee. Documents can be processed in 24 hours for a $100 expedite fee.
Don’t want to pay the change of agent fee? Switch your registered agent to Northwest, and we’ll pay the change of agent fee to switch to us! Just sign up for registered agent service. You’ll see the pre-populated change of agent form in your online account. Fill it out with your company info, sign it, and email or mail it to us, and we’ll get it filed with the state. It’s that simple!
How long does it take the state to process and complete the change of registered agent in North Carolina?
Regular processing takes North Carolina SOS about seven to ten business days.
Same business day expedite (if received by noon) costs an additional $200.
24 hour expedite (excluding weekends/holidays) costs an additional $100.
North Carolina Secretary of State contact information:
North Carolina Secretary of State
PO BOX 29622
Raleigh, NC 27626-0622
2 South Salisbury Street
Raleigh, NC 27601-2903
Phone: (919) 807-2225
Fax: (919) 807-2039
What form do you file to change your registered agent in North Carolina?
There is one form to change the registered agent for all North Carolina business entity types. Just submit form BE-06, Statement of Change of Registered Office and/or Registered Agent to the North Carolina SOS.
The signed form is in your online account immediately, when you sign up for North Carolina registered agent service with Northwest. All you have to do is fill in your information and submit the form and fee to the North Carolina SOS.
North Carolina Secretary of State:
Registered Agent North Carolina Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant North Carolina forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in North Carolina.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.