How to change your registered agent in Tennessee
- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
Cheaper Sites Exist
True, but we
- don’t hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
Tennessee Department of State change of registered agent requirements and options
What are the options and different ways you can change your Tennessee registered agent?
Change of Agent Form:
The Department of State, Division of Business Services (DBS) provides forms for filing a change of registered office or registered agent, by corporation, LLCs and other businesses. It is in your online account when you sign up for registered agent service and is available on the DBS website. You don’t have to use the DBS forms; you can draft your own change of agent.
You can also change your Tennessee registered agent when you file your annual report. If you do change your registered agent on the annual report form, you have to pay the change of agent fee in addition to the annual report fee.
You can also change your Tennessee registered agent by filing an amendment to your corporate charter or articles of organization.
How much does it cost to change your registered agent in Tennessee?
Statement of change of registered agent: $20
Corporation or LLC articles of amendment: $20
The annual report fee is $20. There is an additional $20 fee if there is a change of registered agent/office.
Don’t want to pay the change of agent fee? Switch your registered agent service to Northwest, and we’ll pay the change of agent fee to switch to us! Just sign up for registered agent service. You’ll see the pre-populated change of agent form in your online account. Fill it out with your company info, sign it, and email or mail it to us, and we’ll get it filed with the state. It’s that simple!
How long does it take the state to process and complete the change of registered agent in Tennessee?
If you mail your documents, they are processed in 3-5 business days. If you deliver documents in person DBS will process them while you wait. Tennessee DBS does not offer expedited processing.
What form do you file to change your registered agent in Tennessee?
To change your Tennessee registered agent:
Tennessee Corporations file Form SS-4427, Change of Registered Agent/Office (by corporation).
Tennessee LLCs file Form SS-4225, Change of Registered Agent/Office (by limited liability company).
Submit one original change of agent form by mail or in person with a check, cashier’s check, money order etc., payable to the “Tennessee Secretary of State.”
Department of State
Division of Business Services
312 Rosa L. Parks Avenue
Snodgrass Tower, 6th Floor
Nashville, TN 37243
What is a Registered Agent?
Registered Agent Tennessee Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Tennessee forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Tennessee.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.