How to change your registered agent in Vermont
- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
Cheaper Sites Exist
True, but we
- don’t hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
Vermont Secretary of State Change of Registered Agent Requirements and Options
What are the options and different ways you can change your Vermont registered agent?
The Vermont Secretary of State sometimes calls the registered agent a “process agent” especially in reference to LLCs. It means the same thing. Both terms refer an agent who accepts service of process for the corporation, LLC, or other business entity.
To change your registered agent or process agent in Vermont, you need to submit a completed Statement of Change of Registered Agent/Office form to the Vermont Secretary of State, Corporations Division (SOS). File the statement of change, in duplicate, by mail or in person. Vermont does require original signatures, so you cannot file by fax or online. The Vermont statement of change forms are available on the SOS website but they are not mandatory. You can draft your own statement of change as long as all the required information is included. Send your statement of change with a self addressed envelope so the Vermont SOS can return a filing acknowledgement.
The Vermont SOS doesn’t take credit cards or cash, so include a check payable to Vermont Secretary of State for the filing fee.
Want to know more about What is a Registered Agent?
How much does it cost to change your registered agent in Vermont?
There is a $25 filing fee to submit the Statement of Change of Registered Office/Agent.
If your corporation is a nonprofit the filing fee is $5.
Don’t want to pay the change of agent fee? Switch your registered agent to Northwest, and we’ll pay the change of agent fee to switch to us! Just sign up for registered agent service. You’ll see the pre-populated change of agent form in your online account. Fill it out with your company info, sign it, and email or mail it to us, and we’ll get it filed with the state. It’s that simple!
How long does it take the state to process and complete the change of registered agent in Vermont?
Mailed or walked-in documents are processed by the Vermont SOS in 3-5 business days.
The Vermont SOS is busiest between January and April. Document processing may take longer during those months.
Vermont Secretary of State contact information:
Office of the Secretary of State
128 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05609-1104
Phone: (802) 828-2386
What form do you file to change your registered agent in Vermont?
Vermont has one change of agent form for all types of business entities. The form has to be signed by the registered agent as well as the business entity. Sign up for Vermont registered agent service with Northwest and we will send you a signed Statement of Change of Registered Office or Registered Agent form. Then you just have to complete it and send it to the Vermont Secretary of State.
Vermont Secretary of State – Forms:
Registered Agent Vermont Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Vermont forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Vermont.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.