District of Columbia Registered Agent Service
- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
- don't hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
Washington DC registered agent, Washington DC resident agent, Washington DC statutory agent
District of Columbia Registered Agent Service
How to incorporate in Washington DC, or register your out of state business:
- If you are going to form a domestic corporation based out of Washington DC, it will cost a minimum of $220 to file. You will need a registered agent based out of DC.
- A domestic DC LLC, will cost $220 to file, and is the cheapest form of a business entity you can have in the District of Columbia. You will need a District of Columbia registered agent.
- A foreign corporation registering with Washington DC from another state will cost $220 and you will need to file a less than 30 day old Certificate of Good standing from your home state of incorporation, and it needs to be an original. You will need to appoint a DC Agent for service of process.
- A foreign LLC from another state, that wishes to qualify to do business in DC, will cost $220 to file. You must also obtain a 30 day old or less, certificate of good standing, that can be a copy, from your home state of organization, and maintain a registered agent.
If you need to do business with the Federal Government, Northwest Registered Agent, can assist you in registering with the District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs, or the DCRA. Or you can do it yourself, and just appoint Northwest Registered Agent as your statutory Washington DC registered agent.
We can work with any out of country business to ship documents around the world and accept payments from around the world and convert them into payment means the government will accept.
If you are filing with the Washington DC DCRA, you can now make filings online through the DCRA website without submitting paper forms. This is a huge development for doing business in the district. To get filings done quickly in the past you had to hire expensive couriers or deal with waiting in line for a couple of hours and a $25 parking bill to file documents over the counter. All of that is unnecessary now if you file online through the DCRA portal. That link is in the resources section in your online account. You can still mail the documents in, or to walk them in for filing. All signatures for corporations need to be original signatures. LLC filings do not need original inked signatures.
The mailed-in filing will be returned to whatever address you list as the return address on the envelope. Due to the limited amount of real estate in the District of Columbia, most businesses doing business in the District, need to hire a registered agent. Filings generally take 10-15 business days to get completely processed. There is no expedite option, unless you hand deliver the filing to the DCRA.
It costs $50 to change your DC registered agent for a corporation.
It costs $50 to change your registered agent for an LLC.
DC has biennial reports. Your initial report is due the first 4-1 (April 1st) after you make your filing. Then your reports are due biennially from there. All entities registered with the DC Department of Consumer % Regulatory Affairs file biennial reports. This is not the same report that you file for your DC business license. We monitor these filings and requirements for you and you can see when your due dates are in your DC resident agent account and we send you reminders. Your reports come to your DC resident agent, so it’s important to have a DC agent you trust and one that has a quick document delivery system.
If you would like to use Northwest Registered Agent as your Washington DC registered agent, we will be happy to serve this statutory appointment for you. We do not charge extra to act as your District registered agent for multiple state and federal agencies. We will act as your agent for the DCRA, FCC and DC Business license you need, and it’s all included in our flat rate price.
Other registered agent services include:
Individual Landlord registered agent service in DC for your business license
FCC registrations requiring a registered agent in DC
Additional DC Registered Agent Resources
Registered Agent Infographic
Nonprofits in Washington, DC
Corporations in Washington, DC
LLCs in Washington, DC
Washington DC Registered Agent Resignation
Free Business Name Search
Registered Agent District of Columbia Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant DC forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in DC.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple biennial report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.