Florida Certificate of Good Standing
HOW TO GET A CERTIFICATE OF STATUS FROM THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF STATE
In the State of Florida a certificate of good standing is called a Certificate of Status.
What you need to order a Florida Certificate of Status:
- Filing fee ($8.75 for corporations, $5 for limited liability companies (LLCs))
- Entity name
- Registration number
Note: Florida doesn’t have an application form, other than the online questionaire, so if you’re ordering by mail, you’ll need to format a note to the Division of Corporations that explains the request and includes the entity name and registration number.
You can normally order by mail, in person or online. Normal processing takes up to 7 days, plus additional time for mailing, and costs are based on the type of business entity. Expedited service is available in person only and should be the same day.
You can order
- By Mail: Provide the entity name, payment, registration number, specific request, preaddressed prepaid envelope or airbill, and a daytime phone number for any questions.
- In Person: In person requests will usually be processed the same day, or within 2 days.
- Online: http://www.sunbiz.org
- Fax: You can order by fax, but you’d need to set up a Sunbiz E-File account by filing a Sunbiz account application and submitting an account deposit (minimum of $300) along with the Sunbiz account deposit slip. Obviously, this isn’t a reasonable option for most individuals.
How much does a Florida Certificate of Status cost?
$8.75 for Florida Corporations and Partnerships.
$5 for FL Limited Liability Companies.
Is expedited processing available?
Yes. Expedited service is available in person only usually the same day or within 2 days at no additional charge.
Check or Money Order.
Credit cards accepted in person and online only.
Make check or money order payable to: Florida Department of State.
How long does it take to get a Certificate of Status?
Expedited Counter Service:
Same day for individuals if received by 4:30 p.m.
1-2 business days for service companies, attorneys or law firms
7 business days, plus additional time for mailing.
How will the Certificate of Status come back after I order from the Florida Department of State?
It will be returned by the type of return envelope you provide (i.e. a pre-addressed prepaid envelope or airbill).
Return service by email is not available.
Order a Florida Certificate of Status Online:
Florida Department of State Electronic Filing and Certification
Florida Department of State
Division of Corporations
2661 Executive Center Circle
Tallahassee, FL 32301
PO Box 6327
Tallahassee, FL 32314