LLC in Louisiana
How to form an LLC in Louisiana:
You form Louisiana LLCs by filing articles of organization with the LA SOS. You must include an LLC initial report with your Louisiana LLC formation filing.
What is required to file Louisiana LLC Articles of organization?
To form a Louisiana LLC, you file Louisiana LLC articles of organization. The Louisiana articles of organization cost $75 to the Louisiana Secretary of State. These LLC articles can be basic or complicated. We custom draft your Louisiana LLC articles of organization when you hire Northwest to do your Louisiana LLC registration, but if you'd like to save some money, you could just hire us as your LA registered agent, and then we supply you all the correct forms to file and filing instructions in your online account immediately.
The Louisiana articles of organization requirements are:
- The business name must have a limited liability company ending or variation of it
- New Louisiana LLCs name must be different than already registered Louisiana companies
- Duration of the Louisiana LLC is perpetual unless you list a dissolution date
- The Louisiana registered agent and the physical address
- The Louisiana organizer’s name and signature
The Louisiana initial report requirements are:
- The name of the LLC
- The location of the LLC registered office in Louisiana
- The name and address of the Louisiana registered agent
- The names and physical addresses of the first managers or members
- The signature of any person who signed the articles of organization
- The initial report must be signed by the registered agent and notarized
Louisiana does not require original signatures on filings, but the forms do need to be notarized. The filing will be returned to the address you list on the coversheet.
What's the actual process to start a Louisiana LLC?
- Louisiana LLC registration is started when you file the articles of organization for a Louisiana LLC with the Secretary of State. You have to include an initial report when you file the articles of organization.
- You obtain a federal tax ID number with the IRS after you have confirmation from Louisiana that the LLC is completely filed.
- You should be able to open a LLC banking account with these two items.
- Register with the Louisiana Department of Revenue and the Louisiana Workforce Commission if you are going to withhold taxes or hire employees.
- Louisiana Secretary of State has an online system that can tell you what licensing agencies you need to contact while starting a business. Use GeauxBiz.com to learn about your licensing requirements. We also provide helpful links and information in your online account.
- You obtain a trade license, if you actually need one. (Most businesses don't.)
- You obtain a local city or parish general license, if you need one.
- You obtain a local trade license, if the city or county you're going to be working in requires it.
- If you're going to have an office or shop, you might need an approval from the city zoning for your type of business in that location.
Are you a do-it-yourselfer? You can save some money:
If you want to form a Louisiana limited liability company yourself, you can just hire us as your Louisiana registered agent, and you'll instantly have the Louisiana LLC forms to file and filing instructions on the quickest, cheapest, and most efficient way to file a Louisiana LLCs. You'll get the ongoing support of our online tools, compliance reminders and the support of a professional Louisiana LLC agent service.
Northwest Registered Agent, LLC.
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
East Baton Rouge Parish