How to form an LLC in Nebraska:
You form Nebraska LLCs by filing certificate of organization (formerly called articles of organization) with the NE SOS.
What is required to file Nebraska LLC Certificate of Organization?
To form a Nebraska LLC, you file Nebraska LLC certificate of organization. The Nebraska certificate of organization cost $110 filing fee plus a $5 recording fee to the Nebraska Secretary of State. These LLC articles can be basic or complicated. We custom draft your Nebraska LLC articles of organization when you hire Northwest to do your Nebraska LLC registration, but if you'd like to save some money, you could just hire us as your NE registered agent, and then we supply you all the correct information and filing instructions in your online account immediately. Nebraska does not provide LLC certificate of organization forms. The basic requirements are:
- The business name must have a LLC ending or variation of it
- The Nebraska company name must be different than already registered Nebraska companies.
- The purpose of the Nebraska limited liability company. If your LLC provides a professional service, the articles of organization must contain a statement of the profession to be practiced
- The address of the principal place of busines
- The Nebraska registered agent name and physical address
- The total amount of cash contributed to stated capital, and a description and agreed value of property other than cash contributed
- The total additional contributions agreed to be made by all members, and the times at which or events upon the happening of which the contributions will be made.
- The right, if given, of the members to admit additional members and the terms and conditions of the admission
- Management type – manager(s)/member(s). If the limited liability company is to be managed by one or more managers, the names and addresses of the persons who will serve as managers until the successor is elected. If the management of the LLC is reserved to the one or more classes of members, the names and addresses of such members
- Duration of the Nebraska LLC
- Optional provisions
- The Nebraska organizer must sign and date
You have to mail or walk in LLC filings and it has to have original signatures. The filing is returned to the address on your cover letter.
What's the actual process to start a Nebraska LLC?
- Nebraska LLC registration is started when you file the certificate of organization for a Nebraska LLC with the Secretary of State.
- You obtain a federal tax ID number with the IRS after you have confirmation from Nebraska that the LLC is completely filed.
- You should be able to open a LLC banking account with these two items.
- Publish notice of the organization in a paper of general circulation near the LLCs designated office. Then file the Nebraska LLC affidavit of publication with the Secretary of State.
- You register your Nebraska LLC with the department of revenue or labor if you're going to have employees or need to withhold sales tax.
- You obtain a trade license, if you actually need one. (Most businesses don't.)
- You obtain a local city or county general license, if you need one.
- You obtain a local trade license, if the city or county you're going to be working in requires it.
- If you're going to have an office or shop, you might need an approval from the city zoning for your type of business in that location.
Are you a do-it-yourselfer? You can save some money:
If you want to form a Nebraska limited liability company yourself, you can just hire us as your Nebraska registered agent, and you'll instantly have the Nebraska LLC forms to file and filing instructions on the quickest, cheapest, and most efficient way to file a Nebraska LLCs. You'll get the ongoing support of our online tools, compliance reminders and the support of a professional Nebraska LLC agent service.