LLC in Pennsylvania
How to form an LLC in Pennsylvania:
You form Pennsylvania LLCs by filing certificate of organization with the PA Department of State.
What is required to file Pennsylvania LLC Certificate of Organization?
To form a Pennsylvania LLC, you file Pennsylvania LLC certificate of organization. The Pennsylvania certificate of organization cost $125 to the Pennsylvania Department of State. These LLC articles can be basic or complicated. We custom draft your Pennsylvania LLC certificate of organization when you hire Northwest to do your Pennsylvania LLC registration, but if you'd like to save some money, you could just hire us as your PA registered agent, and then we supply you all the correct forms to file and filing instructions in your online account immediately. The basic requirements are:
- The business name must have a limited liability company ending or variation of it.
- New Pennsylvania LLCs name must be different than already registered Pennsylvania companies.
- The address of the LLCs registered office, or the name of the commercial registered agent
- The names, address, and signature of each organizer
- Whether members interest is evidenced by a certificate of membership interest
- Whether the LLC is manager managed
- The effective date of the certificate of organization
- If it is a professional LLC, state the service to be provided
- Docketing Statement must be attached
Pennsylvania does not require original signatures on filings. The registered Pennsylvania LLC paperwork will be mailed to the address on the PA articles of incorporation.
What's the actual process to start a Pennsylvania LLC?
- Pennsylvania LLC registration is started when you file the certificate of organization for a Pennsylvania LLC with the Department of State.
- You obtain a federal tax ID number with the IRS after you have confirmation from Pennsylvania that the LLC is completely filed.
- You should be able to open a LLC banking account with these two items.
- You register your Pennsylvania LLC with the department of revenue or labor if you're going to have employees or need to withhold sales tax.
- You obtain a trade license, if you actually need one. (Most businesses don't.) We provide links and information in your online account.
- You obtain a local city or county general license, if you need one.
- You obtain a local trade license, if the city or county you're going to be working in requires it.
- If you're going to have an office or shop, you might need an approval from the city zoning for your type of business in that location.
- You may choose to register your business in PA via the “Open for Business Online Business Registration.” This tool allows you to register your business with the Pennsylvania Department of State, Department of Revenue, and Department of Labor & Industry in one stop.
Are you a do-it-yourselfer? You can save some money:
If you want to form a Pennsylvania limited liability company yourself, you can just hire us as your Pennsylvania registered agent, and you'll instantly have the Pennsylvania LLC forms to file and filing instructions on the quickest, cheapest, and most efficient way to file a Pennsylvania LLCs. You'll get the ongoing support of our online tools, compliance reminders and the support of a professional Pennsylvania LLC agent service.
001 Northwest Registered Agent, LLC.
Agent / CROP# 3848878
King of Prussia, PA 19406