Our Corporate Guides™ will not only form your Hawaii LLC, but guide you through the process. Our $100 service fee includes:
- Filed Hawaii LLC Articles
- HI LLC operating agreement
- HI LLC resolutions
- HI LLC membership certificates
We’re with you for the long haul:
- We’ll be your registered agent
- HI annual report reminders
- HI business forms and info
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
HAWAII LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
How do I form a Hawaii LLC?
Hawaii LLCs are formed with the Hawaii Business Registration Division. Filing the articles of organization for a Hawaii LLC will cost a $50 state filing fee.
The Hawaii Business Registration Division will take 7-10 days to process your LLC articles of organization if you file by mail. If you file by fax or online, they will process in 3-5 days.
What is required to file Hawaii LLC Articles of Organization?
To form a Hawaii LLC, you file Hawaii LLC Articles of Organization. The Hawaii Articles of Organization cost $50 to the Hawaii Business Registration Division. These LLC articles can be basic or complicated. We custom draft your Hawaii LLC Articles of Organization when you hire Northwest to do your Hawaii LLC registration, but if you’d like to save some money, you could just hire us as your HI registered agent, and then we supply you all the correct forms to file and filing instructions in your online account immediately. The basic Hawaii LLC requirements are:
- The business name must have a LLC ending or variation of it.
- The Hawaii LLC’s name must be different than already registered Hawaii companies. You can perform a free business name search to find a unique name.
- The Hawaii LLC’s principal mailing address.
- The duration of the LLC may be at-will or for a specific term.
- If the Hawaii LLC is member-managed, you must list the members. If the LLC is manager-managed, you must list the managers.
- State whether the members are liable for the debts, obligations, and liabilities of the company.
- The Hawaii registered agent name and the physical address.
- The Hawaii organizer’s name, address, and signature.
Hawaii does not require original signatures on filings. If you mail your filing they will send the filed copy to your return address. If you file online, they just email you and tell you to print the documents from their website.
What’s the actual process to start a Hawaii LLC?
- Hawaii LLC registration is started when you file the Articles of Organization for a Hawaii LLC with the Business Registration Division.
- You obtain a federal tax ID number with the IRS after you have confirmation from Hawaii that the LLC is completely filed.
- You should be able to open an LLC banking account with these two items.
- You register your Hawaii LLC with the Hawaii Department of Taxation or Hawaii Department of Labor and Industrial Relations if you’re going to have employees or need to withhold sales tax.
- You obtain a license from the Hawaii Professional and Vocational Licensing, if you actually need one. (Most businesses don’t.) Quick links and information are in your online account when you sign up with Northwest.
- You obtain a local city or county general license, if you need one.
- You obtain a local trade license, if the city or county you’re going to be working in requires it.
- If you’re going to have an office or shop, you might need an approval from the city zoning for your type of business in that location.
What does your Hawaii LLC service include?
- Drafting custom Hawaii company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the HI Business Registration Division.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- LLC operating agreement.
- The state filing fees.
- Hawaii registered agent service
- Our fees are: $100 limited liability company service and $125 Hawaii registered agent service.
Total Hawaii company cost if you use our services:
$275 for a Hawaii limited liability company. That includes the state’s LLC filing fee and a year of HI registered agent service.
Any HI company expedited options?
There are no expedite options if you file the paper form.
If you file online you can pay an extra $25 for 1-3 day processing.
How much does a Hawaii LLC cost each year?
Hawaii LLCs have to file an annual report with the Hawaii Business Registration Division. The report is due based on the quarter you initially filed your LLC in. You file the Hawaii annual report by the end of the quarter that you registered/incorporated your business, or qualified it to do business in Hawaii. The due dates are: March 31st, June 30th, September 30th and December 31st. The filing fee is $15 and it is easy to file online.
Do I need a Hawaii registered agent?
Yes. You need to list your registered agent when you form a Hawaii LLC.
Do I need a Federal Tax ID Number?
You will need a federal tax ID number if you plan to hire employees. You may also need an FEIN to open a business bank account.
What are the taxes for LLCs in Hawaii?
Hawaii LLCs have to pay Hawaii taxes.
The Hawaii personal net income tax rate(s) are:
What else do I need to know about Hawaii LLCs?
Forming a Hawaii LLC is just the beginning. We have tons of relevant information that can help you expand and maintain your business.
- Registering an LLC in Another State
- Hawaii Certified Copy
- Hawaii Apostille
- Hawaii LLC Reinstatement
- Hawaii LLC Dissolution
What LLC forms do I need?
We try to make managing your LLC as simple as possible. that is why we provide the following free LLC Forms:
How do I know if a Hawaii LLC is right for me?
Want to compare entities? We also provide Hawaii Corporation services.