How to file an amendment for a Louisiana LLC with the Louisiana Secretary of State

we're just not annoying®


Order Online

Step by step guide to Louisiana LLC amendments

How to file a Louisiana LLC Amendment:

Louisiana has no form, paper or online for filing amendments to your articles of organization. They accept amendments that are legally drafted by an LLC and mailed to the Secretary of State with the filing fee.

Can you re-state the initial articles instead of filing an amendment?

No. You need to use the Restated Articles of Organization form for that.

Are there any specifics you can or can’t include with a Louisiana LLC amendment?

A Louisiana Limited Liability Company may amend any original article of organization except changing registered agent.

How much does a Louisiana Limited Liability Company amendment cost?

To amend your LLC’s articles of organization in Louisiana, there is a $150 filing fee. You may personally walk in an expedited request in either the Springfield or Chicago offices for an additional $100.

How long does it take the state to process a Louisiana Limited Liability Company amendment?

Normal processing:  7 to 10 days.
Expedited processing:  24 hours.
Online filing:  24 hours.

How will your Louisiana LLC amendment be returned?

A receipt of your processed amendment will be returned to you by mail along with the stamped duplicate if you furnished one to the State.

What state agency do you file an LLC amendment with?

Department of Business Services
Limited Liability Division
501 S. Second St., Rm 351
Springfield, IL 62756

(217) 524-8008, or

Louisiana Secretary of State
69 W. Washington, Suite 1240
Chicago, IL 60602

(312) 793-3380

Can you change the Louisiana LLC members or managers on an amendment?

Yes you may, but it is not required to report member/managers in Louisiana.

Can you change the Louisiana registered agent on the amendment?

No, use the State of Change of Registered Agent form.

Can you change the principal office address and/or the mailing address on an LLC amendment?


Louisiana Online Amendment filing link:

Northwest Registered Agent, LLC.
Agent#  36894945Q
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
East Baton Rouge Parish

Our Pitch
If you need help filing an Louisiana LLC amendment, correcting your Louisiana LLC operating agreement, preparing a new Louisiana LLC operating agreement if you don’t have one, obtaining Louisiana LLC membership interest certificates to show new members of the Louisiana LLC, a change of sale of membership interest, a change of Louisiana LLC managers, change of principal office of the Louisiana LLC, or change of Louisiana registered agent, we can help you make these filings.
As your registered agent, you’ll receive timely reminders of when your reports are due, state(s) you are registered in, an online account for immediate uploading of documents we received locally, and the security of having a professional Louisiana registered agent monitoring your Louisiana Limited Liability Company with the State.
Registered Agent
Signup for Incorporation Service   Signup for Registered Agent Service
Detailed step by step information on how to incorporate or register your business in:
Alabama LLC, Alaska, Arizona LLC, Arkansas, California LLC, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida LLC, Georgia, Hawaii LLC, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland LLC, Massachusetts LLC, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania LLC, Rhode Island LLC, South Carolina LLC, South Dakota LLC, Tennessee LLC, Texas, Utah, Vermont LLC, Virginia, Washington LLC, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.