Massachusetts Annual Statement Filing Directions
MASSACHUSETTS ANNUAL REPORT FILINGS
What is the cost to file the Massachusetts Annual Report?
- MA Corporations and PCs-domestic and foreign: $125 for the mailed in form. $109 for fax or online.
- MA Nonprofits-domestic and foreign: $15 filing by mail. $18.50 for fax filing or online.
- MA domestic & foreign LLCs: $500 by paper. $520 for fax filing or online.
- MA domestic & foreign LLPs: $500 by paper. $520 for fax filing or online.
- MA domestic & foreign LPs: $500 by paper and $450 for fax filing or online.
- MA Charities: $35 – $2000 depending on yearly revenue generated.
At first glance, corporations look better in Massachusetts, but they have corporate taxes that make up for it.
How to file your Massachusetts Corporations Division Annual Report:
Businesses in Massachusetts have three annual report filing options. They can file the paper form, faxing it in or file online.
- Complete and file the paper report form that you download from the Corporations Division website. Deliver it by mail or in person with the filing fee.
- You can also fax the same completed form to (617) 624-3891. All fax filings must be sent with the Fax Voucher Coversheet. Find it at the same MA Corporations Division website.
- Use the Corporations Division web portal and click on “File Annual Report Online.” Login to the system with a customer ID number and PIN. The Corporations Division will send your PIN quickly by email. Then fill out the online form and submit it. See the link below.
Charities operating in Massachusetts file by mailing the annual report Form PC along with their Federal Form 990, to the attorney general with the filing fee. Check the link below for the annual form.
When are Massachusetts Annual Reports Due?
- MA Corporations and PCs-domestic and foreign: File by two and a half months from the fiscal year end, so generally March 15th.
- MA LLCs and PLLCs-domestic and foreign: Due by the exact anniversary date of filing.
- MA LLPs-domestic and foreign: The last day of February.
- MA LPs-domestic and foreign: On or before exact anniversary date.
- MA Nonprofits-domestic and foreign: No later than November 1st.
- MA Charities: The rule is 4½ months after fiscal year end; so generally by May 15th.
What are the penalty fees for a delinquent Annual Report?
Businesses add $25 to the annual report fee if you miss your due date.
Does Massachusetts have initial report requirements?
No, just file by your due date the year following your first filings with the Corporations Division.
How do I get notified?
You are basically on your own after you Massachusetts registered agent; we will remind you.
Who can file Massachusetts Annual reports?
Anyone with authority can file for your Massachusetts nonprofit.
Are original signatures needed?
Secretary of the Commonwealth
Attn: Annual Report
One Ashburton Place, Room 1711
Boston, MA 02108-1512
Phone: (617) 727-9640
Fax: (617) 624-3891
Office of Attorney General
Non-profit Organizations/Public Charities Division
One Ashburton Place
Boston, MA 02108
Phone: (617) 727-2200
File MA Annual Report: https://corp.sec.state.ma.us/corp/loginsystem/login_form.asp?FilingMethod=B
MA Charities: http://www.mass.gov/ago/doing-business-in-massachusetts/public-charities-or-not-for-profits/