Missouri Registration Report Filing Directions
MISSOURI ANNUAL REPORT FILING INSTRUCTIONS
What is the cost to file the Missouri Registration Report?
- MO Corporation, Close Corps, PCs-domestic and foreign: $45 by paper, $20 online.
- MO Nonprofit Corp-domestic and foreign: $15 by paper, $10 online.
- MO LLPs and LLLPs: $105 plus additional $50 per new partner from previous year.
- MO GPs and LPs: No annual reporting requirements.
- MO Charity Annual Report: $15
How to file your Missouri Corporations Division Registration Report:
Missouri Corporation, Close Corps, PCs, Missouri Nonprofits, domestic and foreign, have to file reports with the Missouri Secretary of State, Corporations Division. These are referred to as “registration reports.”
MO LLCs, PLLCs, GPs LPs, domestic and foreign, have no annual reporting requirements with the Missouri Secretary of State.
- Filing your MO corporation registration report online is easier and cheaper than filing the paper form. You go to the Missouri Secretary of State, Business Services page, click on ‘File Annual Report Online.’ Enter your business Charter Number in the form field, complete the quick and easy report and submit it with credit card information. You may use our link below to go directly to the filing portal. This is the recommended process.
- If you chose to file the paper report form, go to MO Business Service page and select ‘Print Annual Report for Filing.’ Enter your business name and Missouri will generate a registration report from your information on record. You may change any information that needs correcting and mail it in with the filing fee. This method takes more time and is more expensive.
MO LLPs, LLLPs: The Application for Registration of a Limited Liability Partnership expires in one year. So LLPs and LLLPs must renew the registration each year by downloading the form from the Secretary of State website, complete it and mail it in with the filing fee.
Missouri Charities: Missouri charities are required to register and file an annual report with the Missouri Attorney General. All Missouri Charity forms must be notarized.
When is the Missouri Registration Report Due?
The Registration Report is due by the last day of the month, 3 months after your anniversary month. So if you filed on May 15th, your report filing period is from May 1st to August 31st. You may opt to change your filing month for an additional $25.
A corporation may elect to change their annual registration to a biennial registration, but only on an odd-numbered year’s filing.
The Limited Liability Partnership must be renewed each year. If you add partners from the previous year, add $50 per new partner to the filing fee, with a maximum renewal fee of $205.
Missouri charities file annual reports to renew their registration with the Attorney General 75 days after fiscal year end, so generally by March 15th.
Does Missouri have initial report requirements?
Yes, an initial report is due within 30 days of forming, or qualifying, a for-profit corporation and professional corporation; domestic and foreign.
Late penalty fee?
$15 late fee for every 30 days you are late.
How do I get notified?
After you start a business in Missouri, the Corporations Division will mail a reminder postcard with your charter number to your Missouri registered agent. You can trust ‘Northwest’ to make sure you get your Missouri registration report reminder.
Who can file the Missouri Registration Report?
Anyone with authority can file the report.
Are original signatures needed?
Missouri Secretary of State
P.O. Box 778
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Phone: (573) 751-4153
Missouri Attorney General
Attn: Registration Specialist
P.O. Box 899
Jefferson City, MO 65102
Phone: (573) 751-1197
Annual report online: https://www.sos.mo.gov/BusinessEntity/annualreport/reportstart.asp
Paper report search: https://www.sos.mo.gov/BusinessEntity/soskb/csearch.asp
Charity registration: http://ago.mo.gov/checkacharity/charityregistration.htm