Montana Annual Report Filing Instructions

we're just not annoying®


Order Online

Montana Annual Report Filing Directions

What is the cost to file the Montana Annual Report?

  • MT Corporations, Nonprofits and PCs-domestic and foreign: $15
  • MT LLCs and PLLCs-domestic and foreign: $15
  • MT LPs, LLLPs-domestic and foreign: Five-year renewal-$15
  • MT LLPs-domestic and foreign: Five-year renewal-$20
  • MT Charities: No registration requirements.

How to file your Montana Annual Report with the Secretary of State:

Montana offers a simple online method for businesses to file their annual report. Go to Montana Secretary of State Website, click on ‘File Annual Report’ and enter your folder ID from you annual report reminder notice. You can also look up the folder ID number by doing a business search on the MT Secretary of States website. See the link below.

You can also go to the ‘Business Forms’ on the same site and select a paper annual report that is pre-populated with your information that’s on record in Montana. Print it out and mail it in with a check or money order for the filing fee.

Montana partnerships don’t file annual reports, but they must renew their registration every five years. The renewal form is found at the ‘Business Forms’ page. It must be mailed in with the filing fee.

Montana Charities may operate in Montana with no registration requirements.

When are Montana Annual Reports Due?

MT Corporations, Nonprofits, PCs-domestic and foreign: April 15th.

MT LLCs, PLLCs-domestic and foreign: April 15th.

MT LPs, LLPs and LLLPs-domestic and foreign: Anniversary of registration every five (5) years.

Does Montana have initial report requirements?


What are the penalty fees for a delinquent Annual Report?

If you file your annual report after the April 15th due date, the fee is doubled to $30.

If you do not file the annual report by September 1, the Secretary of State will send you a notice that they are going to revoke or dissolve your entity. If a foreign entity has not filed by November 1st it is revoked. If a domestic entity has not filed by December 1st it is dissolved.

How do I get notified?

The Montana Secretary of State sends a notice to your registered agent in February. You can trust ‘Northwest’ to notify you immediately.

Who can file Montana Annual reports?

Anyone with authority. You furnish an email address while filing the report, and the Secretary of State sends you a confirmation once the report is processed and approved.

Are original signatures needed?



State Capitol
2nd Floor RM 260
PO Box 202802
Helena, MT 59620
Phone: (406) 444-5522

Annual report online:
Prefilled annual report forms:

Northwest Registered Agent, LLC.
Agent#  E053995
Whitefish, MT 59937
Flathead County

Select a state to view detailed information about filing the annual report for that state:

Our Pitch
When you use Northwest Registered Agent, LLC as your registered agent, you'll get timely reminders to file your annual registration. You won't have to worry about missing your deadlines. You receive an online login and you'll see when your registration is due for every state you're doing business in. You'll also receive multiple reminder emails to file your annual registration on time.
Registered Agent
Signup for Registered Agent Service
If you need a registered agent in any state, Northwest Registered Agent is your economical choice. Please click on any of the states to find out more:
Alaska Registered Agent, Arizona Registered Agent, Arkansas Registered Agent, California, Colorado Registered Agent, Connecticut Registered Agent, Delaware, District of Columbia Registered Agent, Florida, Georgia Registered Agent, Hawaii Registered Agent, Idaho Registered Agent, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, National Registered Agent, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Why Choose Us?

1998 -  Copyright © Northwest Registered Agent, LLC. All Rights Reserved
No duplication of this site, or content therein, is permitted without prior express written authorization.