Nebraska Registered Agent
REAL TIME SERVICE
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- Nebraska business forms to file
- Nebraska filing tips
- NE company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
Registered Agent Service in Nebraska
What is a Nebraska registered agent?
A Nebraska registered agent is a resident or business that maintains a registered office address in Nebraska and is willing to accept service of process and official mail on behalf of a business. The registered agent must be capable of accepting service of any process, notice, or demand required by law to be served on a business.
Why do I need a Nebraska registered agent?
- All registered businesses are required by Nebraska law to appoint a registered agent.
- Your business filing will be rejected by the Nebraska Secretary of State if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- Nebraska’ registered agent requirement was created so the general public and the state government have a reliable way to contact your business.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
- It’s not personal, but you may struggle with your business filing. Nebraska’ business registration filings can be difficult. The secretary of state doesn’t provide templates or forms to create new business entities, so most people have to create them on their own. But we do them every day. As part of our Nebraska registered agent service, we’ll instantly provide you with filing instructions, tips, order sheets, and the templates and forms you need to file any business with any state.
- Forming your business is only the beginning. Nebraska businesses require a lot of maintenance. When you form an LLC or corporation here, you’ll have ongoing reports due to the state like the Nebraska Occupation Tax and annual/biennial report (corporations file between January 1 and March 1 in even-numbered years; LLCs and nonprofits file between January 1 and March 1 in odd-numbered year; LPs, LLPs, file reports every year). These reports cost $10 to upwards of $52 to file. That’s a lot to remember, and if you forget to file, your business entity will be dissolved by the state. For this reason alone, you should hire a reliable registered agent service.With us, you’ll always know about upcoming report due dates for every state in which we’re your registered agent. Your corporate reminders are always based off your business’ real corporate data, the same data the state sees. If legislative laws change and affect your business, you’ll know about it. We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in our industry. Additionally, we provide you with not just a notice, but the forms you need to maintain your business—already prepopulated with your information on them—all at no additional charge.
- Call us! We’re here to help walk you through the Nebraska Secretary of State filing process. If you have a question, just call. The people who answer the phones aren’t reading from scripts or trying to upsell you—we’re just here to help start your new business.
- Free tools. We do more than just send you a bill for registered agent service every year. We also provide all the Nebraska forms you need to maintain your corporation, LLC, nonprofit, charity, LLP, or any other type of business entity. With our service, you need only enter your information once, and we use that data to populate all kinds of corporate forms like annual meetings, amendments, and new registrations in additional states.
What makes Northwest different from other registered agents?
- This is what we do. This is more than just a job to us. We care about more than our bottom line. When you hire us, you’re hiring Northwest Registered Agent. Registered agent service isn’t a line item on a profit and loss sheet. It’s not a dividend payment to our owners. This isn’t an idea we hope will work out. And we certainly aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate with any army of salespeople looking for every penny of profit we can grab.
- Big data. We keep your personal information private. We don’t store your credit card information. We don’t sell your data to others to make money. We don’t offer “big data” to others for a profit.
- We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything to you in real time. Your Nebraska registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for any major legal notices. We maintain our own registered offices in each state. So when you hire us for Nebraska registered agent service we scan everything to you from our office in Lincoln, NE within minutes. And we don’t just email you a copy of your notice. We have created the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any Nebraska registered agent service. We do everything we can to make sure you, and whoever else you need to be notified, actually look at your notices.
- Privacy. Choosing a registered agent shouldn’t be a whimsical decision. It matters. When the general public or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they’ll contact. We’ve have strict privacy policies to keep your personal data private. Our trained staff will not give away your information, and our in-house data security professionals stress test our systems regularly. Also, we prosecute those who try to hack our system.
- Collections. We never send our clients to collections. We talk to new clients every day who are switching to Northwest because of their current registered agent’s billing policies. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re just not annoying.” This isn’t just a saying, they’re the words on which our business was founded.
What do Nebraska registered agents do?
- Accept documents on behalf of your business in Nebraska and get them to you.
- Nebraska registered agents need to have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the state of Nebraska where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail. This location if called a registered office.
- Keep normal business hours.
What are the requirements for Nebraska registered agents?
Nebraska has the same registered agent requirements regardless of whether your business is a corporation, llc, or non-profit. According to Nebraska state statute §21-113, registered agents must:
- Be a state resident or a person authorized to transact business in the state.
- Maintain a registered office (a physical address in Nebraska). No P.O. boxes.
- Accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
Note: In order to accept the appointment of service, a registered agent must either sign the appointing document or submit a written statement to the secretary of state acknowledging the appointment.
How do I search for a Nebraska registered agent?
- You can do a Nebraska business name search via the Nebraska Secretary of State.
- Type in the name of the company you want to serve or contact.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify a business through their Nebraska registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How do I change your Nebraska registered agent?
- File a change of agent form with the Nebraska secretary of state.
- If you place an order with us, the form will be available instantly in your online account.
- It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your Nebraska registered agent page.
Where is Northwest’s registered office in Nebraska?
We accept and scan all of our Nebraska clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Lincoln, NE.
After you accept service of process, how will you get my documents to me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business we will scan the docs from our Lincoln office within minutes to your online account. We created this registered agent infographic to illustrate our document delivery system.
Can I have my business’ mail delivered to your Nebraska office?
- We don’t want to get all your business mail. But if we can help you out, just let us know how!
- Since you don’t have a lease at our address, the US Postal Service might not deliver mail addressed to your business.
- As your registered agent in Nebraska, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
- If we do happen to receive your mail, we’ll scan it to you in real time, in minutes.
Can I use the address of your Nebraska registered office for everything on my business filing?
You can use our address for all the address info on your corporation or LLC filing! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
How do Nebraska registered agents get served?
Serving a registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you receive the documents your Nebraska registered agent signs for on your business’ behalf, once they accept the documents, you’ve been notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. This is how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: When you hire us you will see your documents right away because we scanned them to your online account within minutes of being served. You will know about any law suit before the server even hands in their affidavit to the court.
How do I get registered agent service in Nebraska?
- You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
- We’ll become your Nebraska registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the Nebraska secretary of state.
- We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
- About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Nebraska registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
- We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
- We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Nebraska registered agent service or paying a bill, but for keeping up with Nebraska corporate paperwork formalities like the .
Do I hire a registered agent before or after I start my business in Nebraska?
Definitely hire us before you form your Nebraska corporation or LLC. The Nebraska Secretary of State will not accept your business registration filing if you don’t list a registered agent. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly in your online account after you sign up.
How do I get started?
- Place an order for Nebraska registered agent service.
- Access the forms you want to file.
- Read our instructions and filing tips.
- File your LLC or corporation filings with the Nebraska secretary of state.
- If you don’t want to make the filing yourself, place an order in your online account to have us do it for you.
- The Nebraska secretary of state will process your filing.
- We’ll be your Nebraska registered agent.
Who needs a registered agent in Nebraska?
Anyone forming a Nebraska LLC or incorporating in Nebraska.
Registered Agent NE Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Nebraska forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Nebraska.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple biennial report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.