Nevada Annual Report Filing Instructions
What is the cost to file the Nevada Annual List of Officers?Nevada goes a bit crazy with their annual fees to keep a business in compliance with the Secretary of State. When you file your Nevada annual list, you have to pay an annual list of off icers fee as well as the $200 yearly NV Business License Application fee.
- NV Profit Corporation and PCs, domestic and foreign, pay an annual list of officers fee that is based on the value of their authorized stock.
- $75,000 or less: $75
- $75,000 - $300,000: $175
- $200,000 - $500,000: $275
- For the first $1,000,000: $375
- Each additional $500,000: $275
- Maximum Fee: $35,000
- NV LLCs, LLPs, and LPs, domestic and foreign, annual list fee is $125. Plus $200 for the business license fee.
- The annual list fee for NV LLLPs is $175. Plus $200 for the business license fee.
- NV Nonprofits-domestic and foreign: Annual list is $25. Nonprofits file the business license application and pay the $200 fee unless they have 501(c) status from the IRS, then they are exempt.
- NV Charities: Nevada does not regulate charitable organizations at all.
How to file your Annual List with the Nevada Secretary of State:
The Nevada Secretary of State sends the annual forms (Annual List of Officers, and State Business License Application) to your Nevada registered agent. The easiest way to file it is online. We furnish a link at the bottom of this page. Just set up an account and follow the prompts. You do the annual list and business license together online.
You can complete and submit the paper form in person or by mail, with the fee. Either use the one received from your Nevada registered agent, or download the form from the secretary of state website. The online method is recommended and processing is immediate.
NV charities must file a Nonprofit Corporation Registration Form with the Nevada secretary of state along with their annual list.
Does Nevada have an initial report requirement?
Yes! NV Corporations, PCs, Nonprofits, LLCs, PLLCs and all Partnerships, domestic and foreign, must file an initial list of officers and business license application by the last day of the month after filing with the Secretary of State. Pay the same fees and penalties as with the annual list and business license. The initial report can be filed online. See the link below.
When is the Nevada Annual List Due?
All Nevada Corporations, Nonprofits, LLCs, and Partnerships, domestic and foreign, are required to file the annual list of officers and business license application by the end of your anniversary month each year. So, if your Nevada Secretary of State filing date is March 23, 2012, your first annual report is due March 31, 2013.
What are the penalty fees for a delinquent Annual Report?
Nevada charges a late penalty for delinquent annual list of officers and another late fee for the business license. Since both forms are due together, if you miss the due date you owe Nevada an additional $175.
NV Corps, PCs, LLCs, PLLCs, LPs and LLPs: $75 late fee penalty for late annual list.
NV Corps, PCs, LLCs, PLLCs, LPs and LLPs: $100 late penalty for late business license application fee.
NV Nonprofits: $50 for late annual list.
Once your business is delinquent, its status is in ‘Default.’ After one year, all default businesses are revoked with high reinstatement fees.
How do I get notified?
The Secretary of State mails an annual list form to your Nevada registered agent. You can count on us to make sure you have the information you need to file your Nevada annual list. We even keep track of your reporting date and provide email reminders.
Who can file Nevada Annual List?
If you file online, anyone with authority can file.
If you mail the paper annual list form:
- Corporation annual must be signed by an officer.
- LLC annual list must be signed by a manager, or if none, a managing member.
- Partnerships annual lists must be signed by a general partner.
Are original signatures needed?
Nevada Secretary of State
202 North Carson Street
Carson City, NV 89701-4201
Phone: (775) 684-5708
Fax: (775) 684-5725
File Annual List: https://nvsos.gov/SOSWebAccountManager/login.aspx
Elko, NV 89801