How to file an amendment for a Nevada Corporation with the Nevada Department of State

we're just not annoying®


Order Online

Step by step guide to Nevada Corporation amendments

How to file a Nevada corporation Amendment:

To make amendments to your Nevada corporation, you file the completed Certificate of Amendment form and provide it to the Secretary of State by mail, fax, email or in person, along with the filing fee. Nevada furnishes two amendment forms, one for Before Issuance of Stock and one After Issuance of Stock. The Customer Order Instructions form is attached to the Certificate of Amendment.

Can you re-state the initial articles instead of filing an amendment?

Yes. If you wish to re-state the initial articles you file the Certificate to Accompany Restated Articles or Amended and Restated Articles form. The minimum fee for restated articles is $175. The fee will be higher if stock is increased a significant amount.

Are there any specifics you can or can’t include with a Nevada corporation amendment?

You can amend all original articles except the registered agent appointment. You will need to use the Statement of Change of Registered Agent form.

How much does a Nevada corporation amendment cost?

To amend your domestic corporation in Nevada, there is a $175 minimum filing fee required. The fee will be higher if stock is increased a significant amount. You may request expedited service within 24 working hours is available for an additional $125 fee. Expedited service within two hours is available for an additional $500 fee. Expedited service in one hour is available for an additional $1,000.

How long does it take the state to process a Nevada corporation amendment?

Amendments are processed in Nevada in approximately one week. Expedited processing is available in one day, two hours or one hour depending on the request.

How will the corporation amendment be returned?

You will receive a confirmation copy by the type of return service specified on the Customer Order Instructions form. You will also be able to verify that your document was filed from their website.

What state agency do you file an amendment with?

Nevada Secretary of State
202 North Carson Street
Carson City, Nevada 89701-4201
Phone: 775-684-5708
Fax: 775-684-5731

Can you change the Nevada corporation officers or directors on an amendment?

Yes you may, but the best way to file any changes to your Nevada corporation officers or directors is on your annual report, referred to as an annual listing.

Can you change the Nevada registered agent on the amendment?

You are not able to change your registered agent on the amendment form. You will need to file the completed Statement of Change of Registered Agent by Represented Entity form.

Can you change the principal office address and/or the mailing address on a corporation amendment?

The Nevada Secretary of State does not keep principal address information of businesses on file.

Northwest Registered Agent, LLC.
Agent#  E0400992008-3
Reno, NV 80502
Washoe County

Helpful Resources

Registered Agent

Nevada Corporation

Nevada Information

Information by State


Why Choose Us?

1998 -  Copyright © Northwest Registered Agent, LLC. ALL Rights Reserved
No duplication of this site, or content therein, is permitted without prior express written authorization.