North Carolina Registered Agent
REAL TIME SERVICE
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- North Carolina business forms to file
- North Carolina filing tips
- NC company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
What is a North Carolina registered agent?
A North Carolina registered agent is an individual resident or a registered business that accepts service of process and official notifications (such as annual report notices from the NC Secretary of State) on behalf of clients. North Carolina law requires every business entity to designate a North Carolina registered agent. A registered agent must maintain a physical address within the state and keep regular business hours.
Why do I need a North Carolina registered agent?
- The state requires all legitimate, registered North Carolina business, to appoint a registered agent. Sorry.
- The Secretary of State’s Corporations Division will reject your filing if you don’t appoint a North Carolina registered agent.
- Basically, the state and public need to have a reliable way to send important mail and legal notices to every registered North Carolina business.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
We know that finding a registered agent seems like just one more hoop you have to jump through to start your business. We also know you don’t like to waste money, so we’ve used this technical requirement as an opportunity to provide a service that will help you run your business. This is how the whole thing works:
- Most people find that doing the NC business filing is challenging. It’s not just you. Most people don’t form corporations every day. If you would like to do the filing yourself, we provide filing instructions, tips, order sheets, and the forms you should file in your online account. If you want us to do the filing for you, we would be happy to set that up.
- Just a phone call away! The people who answer the phone do this for a living. We’re not reading from a script and you’ll never get a salesperson. We are always happy to help and you can be certain, we have done this before!
- Be prepared for more bureaucratic hoops. North Carolina businesses have ongoing reports, such as the NC annual report. The annual reports are due to the North Carolina Secretary of State each year. NC corporations must file by the 15th day of the fourth month after the end of their fiscal year (typically April 15). LLCs and LLPs must file by April 15th. We make sure you can always see your upcoming report dates and we remind you to file your reports. Our reminders are based on your real corporate data. We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in our industry. Not only do we utilize notifications and reminders, we also provide all the forms and filing instructions you may need for each state you hire us in.
- Free tools. Our system uses your info to pre-populate a variety of forms, including annual meetings, amendments, and registration forms.. When you sign up for registered agent service, we also provide all the corporate legal tools you need to maintain your corporation, LLC, nonprofit, charity, LLP, or any other type of North Carolina business. We are always looking for new ways to do more for your company.
What’s makes Northwest different from other registered agent websites?
- Big Data. You can trust us with your private information. We don’t store your credit card. We don’t sell your data to others to make extra money.
- We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything to your account in real time. We maintain our own commercial offices in each state, so when you hire us for North Carolina registered agent service, we scan everything from our office in Raleigh, NC. We do more than just forward copies of your notices. That could take time that you don’t have! We know you need to see your official notices and service of process, immediately. That is why we scan your documents in real time. And we send you notifications to make sure you view those documents.
- When you make a purchase on this website, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. We don’t want you to make this decision lightly. If someone contacts your registered agent, you want someone who is specially trained not to give your your private details. That is what we offer. We also have security professionals working hard to make sure your information is safe from hackers.
- We obviously think pretty highly of ourselves, but this is all we do. Registered agent service is not a small part of a huge corporate beast for us. It is not something that we are trying in the hopes of boosting our profits. It is what we do. And it might sound weird, but we have a real passion for providing quality registered agent service.
What do North Carolina registered agents do?
According to NC state statute § 55D-30, the sole duty of a registered agent in North Carolina is to forward to the entity at its last known address any notice, process, or demand served on the registered agent.
And that’s all cheap registered agent services will do, and maybe not very well. If you hire us, in addition to our duty, we also provide tools, forms and tips to help you start, run, and maintain your business.
What are the requirements for North Carolina registered agents?
NC registered agents have to:
- Be a resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- Have a registered office address that is a physical address located within the State of North Carolina.
- Accept legal documents on behalf of the business.
How do I find a North Carolina registered agent?
- You can do a North Carolina business name search.
- Type in the company name you are trying to look up.
- Look at the NC registered agent name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify someone through their North Carolina registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How do I switch my registered agent service to Northwest?
- You file a Change of Registered Agent form and we get listed as your North Carolina registered agent.
- When you place an order with us, the change form is available immediately.
- It’s super easy, but for more specific info you can read our change North Carolina registered agent page.
What kind of North Carolina registered office will you provide me?
We provide a commercial registered office location in Raleigh, NC.
How will I get my documents from you?
We locally scan everything to you in real time from our Raleigh office. For more info on our document delivery system, we’ve created a registered agent infographic.
Can I use your North Carolina registered office address to get my mail?
- We don’t want all your mail, that’s not what we do, but we want to try to help if at all possible.
- The US Postal office might not deliver your mail reliably to us if you don’t have a lease at our address.
- As the registered agent, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc. care of you.
- If we do get mail for you though, we’ll scan it to you in real time.
Can I use your North Carolina registered office address for everything on my filing?
Absolutely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to use our address for filing with the Secretary of State. This means you get to keep your private addresses off of public records.
How do North Carolina registered agents get served?
- A process server, the sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us legal papers (service of process).
- The process server then gives an affidavit to the court that they “served” us.
- The registered agent should forward the documents to the business.
Serving a registered agent is legal proof that the business was notified, regardless of if the company looks at the docs or even gets them from the North Carolina registered agent services. You were notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly.
Do I hire a North Carolina registered agent service before or after I make the filing?
Always hire a registered agent before you do the business registration filing. This is true for domestic and foreign business in North Carolina. You can’t registered with the NC Secretary of State if you do not list a registered agent.
It is also smart to hire us first because you will find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How to get registered agent service in North Carolina:
-You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
-We’ll become your North Carolina registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the North Carolina Corporations Division.
-We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
-About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of North Carolina registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
-We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
-Your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for North Carolina registered agent service or paying a bill, but for actually keeping up with North Carolina corporate paperwork formalities.
People who need registered agents in North Carolina:
Anyone incorporating in North Carolina or forming a North Carolina LLC.
Registered Agent NC Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant North Carolina forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in North Carolina.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.