Rhode Island LLC
Our Corporate Guides™ will not only form your Rhode Island LLC, but guide you through the process. Our $100 service fee includes:
- Filed Rhode Island LLC Articles
- RI LLC operating agreement
- RI LLC resolutions
- RI LLC membership certificates
We provide extra privacy with our address. We’re with you for the long haul and our Corporate Guides™ are here to help you:
- We’ll be your registered agent
- RI annual report reminders
- RI business forms and info
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
RHODE ISLAND LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY
LLCs are governed by the Rhode Island Limited Liability Company Act – Title 7, Chapter 7-16.
How do I form a Rhode Island LLC?
Forming an LLC in Rhode Island will cost a $150 LLC articles of organization state filing fee. There is a small additional fee to file online.
The state of Rhode Island Secretary of State is in charge of filing LLCs, and it will take about 7 business days to process your LLC articles of organization if you file by paper or online.
What does your Rhode Island LLC service include?
- Drafting custom Rhode Island company articles of organization.
- We make the state filing with the RI Secretary of state Business Commercial Services.
- The organizer initial resolution.
- LLC operating agreement.
- The LLC’s state filing fees.
- Rhode Island registered agent service.
- Our fees are: $100 limited liability company service and $125 Rhode Island registered agent service.
What is the total Rhode Island LLC cost if I use your?
$375 for a limited liability company and that includes the state’s LLC filing fee.
Any RI company expedited options?
Rhode Island doesn’t have expedite option but you can walk in your filing and they will process same day. If you file by mail or online, it will take about 7 business days to complete an RI LLC.
Do I need a Rhode Island registered agent?
You need to list your registered agent in you RI articles of organization.
Do I need a Federal Tax ID Number?
You will need to get a tax ID number from the IRS if you are going to hire employees.
How much does an RI LLC cost each year?
The annual LLC reports are due every year at by November 1st. LLC annual reports in Rhode Island are $50.
What are the taxes for an LLC in Rhode Island?
Rhode Island LLCs have to pay Rhode Island taxes. There is a minimum franchise tax payment of $500, otherwise called the Rhode Island Business Corporation Tax. The tax must be paid for LLCs and S corporation elections as well as C corporations.
Rhode Island personal income tax rates range from 3.75% to 9.9%.
The average Rhode Island sales tax rate is 7%.
What else do I need to know about my Rhode Island LLC?
After you form your Rhode Island LLC you may need to make other filings to maintain your LLC. In addition to the information below, we also provide forms and filing instructions in your online account after you sign up.
- Rhode Island Certified Copy
- Rhode Island Apostille
- Rhode Island LLC Reinstatement
- Rhode Island LLC Dissolution
- Registering an LLC in Another State
What other LLC forms and documentation do I need?
Please feel free to use the following free LLC Forms:
Should I form a Rhode Island LLC?
If you are not quite sure about forming a Rhode Island LLC, try comparing the Rhode Island Corporation.