Incorporating Tennessee Corporation
What is a Tennessee corporation?
Tennessee corporations are separate legal entities established by the shareholders. The shareholders elect to have an incorporator make the action to incorporate a Tennessee corporation to create a separate entity from them personally.
How much do Tennessee corporations cost?
A Tennessee corporation will cost $100 to file the corporate charter. There is an additional service fee if you file online and pay with a credit card.
How do I form a Tennessee corporation?
File Articles of Incorporation with the Tennessee Secretary of State.
It will take about 4 business days to process your TN corporation corporate charter if you use a paper form or 2 days if you file online. If you file in person, you can have documents processed while you wait for no additional charge.
How are Tennessee corporations regulated?
Tennessee Corporations are governed by Tennessee Code – Title 48, Corporations and Associations.
What do the Tennessee Articles of Incorporation require?
Include the following in your corporate charter, aka articles of incorporation.
- An incorporating Tennessee ending such as Inc, corporation, or incorporated
- An amount of Tennessee corporation shares you would like to authorize
- The effective date of the TN corporation charter
- The corporation’s principal address
- The name and address of the Tennessee incorporator(s)
- And the registered agent of the proposed Tennessee corporation.
You can do this yourself and use our free Tennessee corporate tools we provide in your online account, or you can pay our $100 incorporating Tennessee service fee and we’ll do it for you. When you pay us to form your Tennessee corporation, your money actually goes back into the local community. Why? Because we actually run a corporation in Tennessee, just like you.
What does your Tennessee incorporation service include?
- Drafting custom TN corporation corporate charter.
- The incorporator initial resolutions.
- Tennessee corporate bylaws.
- The Tennessee corporation state filing fees.
- Tennessee registered agent service.
- Our fees are: $100 incorporating Tennessee service and $125 Tennessee corporate agent service.
Total incorporating Tennessee package for only $330 to form a Tennessee corporation, and that includes the state filing fees.
Do I need a Tennessee registered agent?
You have to include your Tennessee registered agent in your Articles of Incorporation. Your registered agent accepts service of process and official documents for your corporation.
What are the ongoing fees for a Tennessee corporation?
Your TN corporation will have to file the Tennessee Annual Report and pay a $20 fee each year.
What about Tennessee taxes?
Tennessee corporations are subject to Tennessee Taxes, which means paying the TN excise tax and TN franchise tax.
How do I get a Federal Tax ID Number?
You can get a federal tax ID number online, from the IRS.
What else should I know about my Tennessee corporation?
After you form a corporation in Tennessee, you may find that you need to make additional filings as your corporation grows.
- Register a Corporation in a Different State
- Tennessee Certified Copy
- Tennessee Apostille
- Reinstate a Tennessee Corporation
- Dissolve a Corporation in Tennessee
What corporate documents do I need?
Good record keeping is important for corporations. We have drafted several corporate document templates. Please take advantage of these Free Corporate Forms:
- Corporate Bylaws
- Stock Certificate
- First Board Meeting Minutes
- Corporate Resolution to Open a Bank Account
Should I incorporate in Tennessee?
If you want to compare business entities before you incorporate in Tennessee, you should learn more about the Tennessee LLC.