How to file an amendment for a Wisconsin Corporation with the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions

we're just not annoying®


Order Online

Step by step guide to Wisconsin Corporation amendments

How to file a Wisconsin Corporation Amendment:

To make amendments to your Wisconsin articles of incorporation, you can file Wisconsin Form 4, Articles of Amendment – Stock, for-Profit Corporation to the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions (DFI). The form is optional; you may draft your own Articles of Amendment. Forms are available on the DFI website or in your online account immediately, when you sign up for Wisconsin registered agent service with Northwest.

The DFI requires filings to include the original signed document and one exact copy. The amendment can be filed by mail, commercial delivery, or in person. Make checks payable to the “Department of Financial Institutions”

Can you re-state the initial articles instead of filing an amendment?

A restatement of the articles of incorporation may be made anytime. A restatement that includes a new amendment requires the same approval that a corporate amendment would.

Are there any specifics you can or can’t include with a Wisconsin Corporation amendment?

You may change your corporate name on the amendment.

How much does a Wisconsin Corporation amendment cost?

Amended articles of incorporation: $40
Restated articles of incorporation: $40
Expedited processing costs an additional $25

How long does it take the state to process a Wisconsin Corporation amendment?

Normal processing takes the DFI approximately 5 business days.
Expedited processing is completed by the close of business the following day. Make sure you mark documents “for expedited processing”

How will the Wisconsin Corporation amendment be returned?

If a document is submitted on paper, in duplicate, on the DFI form, the filed-stamped copy is mailed to the person/firm listed in the return box on the back page of the form.
If the document is drafted and submitted, in duplicate, with a cover letter, DFI will mail the filed-stamped copy to the author of the letter.

What state agency do you file an amendment with?

File corporate amendments with Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions: Division of Corporate and Consumer Services (DFI).

Submit Articles of Amendment to:

Department of Financial Institutions
Division of Corporate and Consumer Services
Corporate Section
Mailing Address:
PO Box 7846
Madison WI 53707
Express Mail Address:
345 W. Washington Avenue 3rd Floor
Madison WI 53703
Phone: 608-261-7577
Fax: 608-267-6813

Can you change the Wisconsin Corporation officers or directors on an amendment?

Officers are not included in the original articles, so don’t file an amendment to change the officer/director information. The annual report is meant to keep this kind of information current, so just include the new information when you file it.

Can you change the Wisconsin registered agent on the amendment?

Domestic corporations can change their registered agent on the amendment. You can also change your Wisconsin registered agent by filing the change form, filing the annual report, or online.

Can you change the principal office address and/or the mailing address on an Corporation amendment?

No, if you need to change your principal address, do it in your annual report.

DFI forms:

Northwest Registered Agent, LLC.
Agent#  N036955
Appleton, WI 54914
Outagamie County

Our Pitch
If you need help filing a Wisconsin Corporation amendment, correcting your Wisconsin Corporation By-laws, preparing new Wisconsin Corporation by-laws if you don’t have one, obtaining Wisconsin Corporation stock certificates to show ownership shares of the Wisconsin Corporation, a change of sale of Wisconsin Corporation stock, a change of Wisconsin Corporation officers and directors, change of principal office of the Wisconsin Corporation, or change of Wisconsin registered agent, we can help you make these filings.

As your registered agent, you’ll receive timely reminders of when your reports are due, state(s) you are registered in, an online account for immediate uploading of documents we received locally, and the security of having a professional Wisconsin registered agent monitoring your Wisconsin Corporation with the State.
Signup for Registered Agent Service
Registered Agent
Incorporation Service Signup
Detailed step by step information on how to incorporate or register your business in:
Alabama Corporation, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida Corporation, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois Corporation, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine Corporation, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri Corporation, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire Corporation, New Jersey Corporation, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania Corporation, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont Corporation, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming Corporation.

Why Choose Us?

1998 -  Copyright © Northwest Registered Agent, LLC. All Rights Reserved
No duplication of this site, or content therein, is permitted without prior express written authorization.