How to Change Your Registered Agent

Guide to Changing Your Registered Agent in Each State

Below you’ll learn how to change your agent for service of process in any state. (An agent for service of process is also known as a registered agent, resident agent, or statutory agent, depending on the state.) Some states require special forms to make this change, some allow for that change while filing an amendment, and some do both.

Click on the state name for detailed information about changing your agent. If you sign up for registered agent service with us, we streamline the change process for you.

Change Your Agent for Service of Process