Rhode Island Incorporation Services
- Filed Rhode Island Articles
- Rhode Island Corporate Bylaws
- RI shareholder resolutions
- RI corporate stock certificates
HERE FOR YOU
- We’ll be your registered agent
- RI corporate renewal reminders
- Online corporate tools
- Talk to a Corporate Guide™ anytime
How to Incorporate in Rhode Island
To incorporate in Rhode Island you must file Articles of Incorporation with the Division of Business Services. There is a minimum filing fee of $230. Articles of Incorporation can be filed by mail or online, although online filings are processed more quickly. A Rhode Island corporation is owned by its shareholders. Shareholders must hold an initial shareholders meeting to ratify the company’s bylaws and appoint a Board of Directors and corporate officers. After you incorporate in Rhode Island, you will need to file an Annual Report each year between January 1 and March 1, the filing fee for which is $50.
What will it cost to incorporate in Rhode Island?
$230 Rhode Island Articles of Incorporation minimum filing fee.
What are the costs involved in forming a Rhode Island LLC?
Rhode Island LLC Articles of Organization will cost $150.
Do I need to reserve a name before I can incorporate in Rhode Island?
How long will it take to get my Rhode Island Incorporation or Rhode Island LLC processed?
It will take the Rhode Island Secretary of State about 7 business days to process your Rhode Island Articles of Incorporation if you file via paper or online. You can walk in your formation documents and they will process them that day.
What am I going to be looking at for ongoing fees to Rhode Island?
The Rhode Island Secretary of State requires an annual report for corporations and LLCs. The first report is due the year after your filing is made and every year thereafter. Annual reports in Rhode Island are due on March 1st for corporations, and November 1st for LLCs. The annual report filing fee is $50.
What are the Rhode Island business taxes?
When you incorporate in Rhode Island, you will subject yourself to Rhode Island corporate net income tax rates of 9% of your net taxable income or $2.50 for every $10,000 of authorized capital stock, whichever is greater.
There is a minimum franchise tax payment of $500, otherwise called the Rhode Island Business Corporation Tax. The tax must be paid for LLCs and S corporation elections as well as C corporations.
Rhode Island personal income tax rates range from 3.75% to 9.9%.
The average Rhode Island sales tax rate is 7%.
What does your Rhode Island incorporation service include?
- Drafting custom articles for a Rhode Island LLC or Rhode Island corporation.
- The Rhode Island incorporator initial resolution for a corporation, or Rhode Island organizer if Rhode Island LLC.
- Ratified Rhode Island corporate bylaws, or operating agreement if Rhode Island LLC.
- The state of Rhode Island incorporation filing fees.
- Resident agent service for Rhode Island.
- Our service fees are: $100 for Rhode Island incorporation service and $125 for Rhode Island registered agent.
All for a total of only $381 for a Rhode Island LLC or $461 for a Rhode Island corporation.