Alaska Registered Agent
REAL TIME SERVICE
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- Alaska business forms to file
- Alaska filing tips
- AK company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
Registered Agent Services in Alaska
What is an Alaska registered agent?
An Alaska registered agent is an individual or entity appointed by a business for the purpose of accepting legal notices, such as service of process, and other official business documents. An Alaska registered agent must have a registered office in Alaska and maintain regular business hours, ensuring that the state has a reliable way of contacting a business. Tax notifications and yearly charter renewals are sent by the state to your Alaska registered agent, who is then responsible for forwarding all documents to you.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
At first glance, Alaska’s registered agent requirement seems like just one more bureaucratic hassle. We get that, but we’ve done our best to make this technical requirement an indispensable service to help you run your business. Take a look:
- You’ll likely struggle with business filings on your own. Don’t take it personally, corporate filings can be confusing, but we do them every day. Once you hire us, you’ll be given instant access to our filing instructions, tips, order sheets and all the forms you need to file.
- Call us! We’re here to help and we’re happy to walk you through the filing process. The people who answer our phones do this for a living. No one will be reading from a script, and you’ll never be forced to talk to a salesperson.
- We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system. Starting your business in Alaska is only the beginning. You’ll have ongoing reports due to the state, like the Alaska biennial report. You can always see upcoming report dates in your online account for every state where we’re your registered agent. We’ll remind you based on your business’ data, and if Alaska’s reporting requirements or legislative laws change, we’ll keep you up to date. Plus, we not only send you a reminder, but we also give you access to the forms you need to file, all populated with your info on them. No upsells.
- Free tools. You won’t just get an invoice from us every year; we provide free online software that will help you maintain your business. We provide all the forms you need to maintain your limited liability company (LLC), corporation, LLP, charity, nonprofit, or any other type of Alaska business. All you need to do is enter you company’s data once and from then on that data will populate all kinds of different forms like annual meeting, new registrations in other states, and any amendments you need to make to your business.
Why do I need an Alaska registered agent?
- All businesses formed in Alaska or registered to do business in the state must appoint an Alaska registered agent.
- The Alaska Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licenses will reject your filing if you do not appoint one.
- The state of Alaska and the general public must have a reliable way to contact your Alaska business with legal notices and other types of important mail.
How is Northwest different from other registered agent services?
- We don’t store your credit card information. You’ve probably heard the term “big data,” and you should be afraid of it. We will not sell your data to other companies or individuals to make extra money.
- We are the only national registered agent service that locally scans everything into your online account in real time. We keep commercial offices in each state, and when you hire us for Alaska registered agent service, we scan everything from our Anchorage, AK office. Your Alaska registered agent is your business’ only point of contact for serious legal notices. We don’t just email or mail you a copy of your notice—we make sure you and/or whoever you want to be notified actually login and look at your documents. It only takes one mistake to cause a serious problem, that’s why we’re serious about being your Alaska registered agent.
- Collections. Every day we talk to new clients who are annoyed their current registered agent’s billing policy. We never send our clients to collections. If you no longer want our service, don’t pay us. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re Just Not Annoying,” and we take it to heart.
- This isn’t just our job, it’s our passion. Registered agent service is our lives, and we are good at it. Obviously, we think highly of ourselves, but this is what we do. When you sign up, we don’t think of you as just another line item on a profit and loss sheet or a dividend payment to our owners; your business is not just an idea that we hope will work out. And we’re definitely not a massive corporate machine with an army of salespeople looking to squeeze every last penny out of you.
Alaska registered agent requirements
According to Alaska state code § 10.06, a registered agent must:
- Be able to accept legal documents during normal business hours, and get those documents to you.
- Have a physical, registered office address located within the state of Alaska. No P.O. Boxes.
- An AK registered agent must be a resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
Who needs a registered agent in Alaska?
Anyone forming an Alaska limited liability company or a corporation in Alaska.
How do I find an Alaska registered agent?
- Perform an Alaska business name search.
- Use the name of the company you’re trying to look up.
- Look at the AK registered agent’s name and registered address.
- If you want to legally notify a business through their registered agent, simply send a letter as certified mail to the registered agent at their registered office address.
How do I change my registered agent to Northwest?
- File a Statement of Change Registered Agent or Registered Agent Address with the Division of Corporations.
- The change form is available instantly if you place an order with us.
- It’s a simple process, but if you’d like more specifics, visit our change Alaska registered agent page.
What’s your Alaska registered office like?
We scan all documents locally from our office in downtown Anchorage, AK. Then we upload them to client accounts, immediately.
How will you get my legal notices to me?
We scan everything in real time. This registered agent infographic shows how it works.
Can I send my mail to your Alaska registered office?
- No, that’s not what we do, but we’ll try to help you if at all possible. Call us!
- The postal service might not deliver your mail to us if you don’t have a lease at our office.
- If we happen to get mail for you, however, we’ll scan it to you in real time.
Should I use your registered office address in Alaska on my filing?
Yes. We’re the only national registered agent that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
How do Alaska registered agents get served?
Serving process on a registered agent is legal proof that your company was notified. It doesn’t matter if the company sees the documents or even gets them from their registered agent. You were notified if your registered agent signs for the documents; this is a responsibility we take seriously.
- A sheriff, process server, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us legal papers (service of process).
- The process server then gives an affidavit to the court stating that they “served” us.
Should I hire a registered agent in Alaska before or after I do my filing?
You hire us first and then do your business registration filing with the Division of Corporations. The state won’t allow you to form an LLC or corporation without a registered agent. Plus, you’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your Alaska filing instantly after you sign up.
How does Northwest’s Alaska registered agent service work?
- You sign up online (you’ll find the signup at the top of this page).
- After you make your business registration filing with the Alaska Division of Corporations, we’ll become your registered agent.
- We collect the first year’s fee up front.
- About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Alaska registered agent service. If you want to cancel then, you can easily do so.
- We make it easy to add registered agent services online.
- Your online account is the place to go—not just for registered agent service or to pay a bill—for keeping up with corporate paperwork formalities for your Alaska business.
Info your Alaska registered agent should help you know and understand:
We try to make filing with the State of Alaska easy:
- The Alaska Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing offers a nice online system for domestic Alaska Corporations. The division charges $250 for domestic Alaska Corporations.
- The Alaska Division of Corporations, Business and Professional Licensing offers the same on-line system for filing domestic Alaska LLCs. The AK Division of Corporations charges a $250 filing fee for these business entities, and you can look up your registered agent right there by entering in your business name via a free business name search.
- For foreign Alaska corporations or Alaska nonprofits, you can mail it in with a check payment, or fax it in, and then call with credit card information. The filing fee to qualify a foreign entity in Alaska is $350. You will need a registered agent located in Alaska. When mailing a foreign qualification in to the Alaska Division of Corporations, you need an original inked signature on the form. You only have to put our name down as your registered agent. We do not have to sign your filing, but you will need a registered agent.
- If you would like to file a foreign Alaska LLC, you can also use the online system. You will need an Alaska registered agent.
The Alaska Division of Corporations provides no biennial report reminder for biennial reports. They cost $100 for domestic entities and $200 for foreign entities. They are always due on January 2nd of the odd or even year of when you filed. As your registered agent in Alaska, we provide biennial report reminders and resources to quickly and easily file your biennial reports.
Alaska has no personal income tax, so declaring your company as an S corp has great benefits for your company and virtually becomes tax-free.
Online filings are done immediately, and you will have verification right then and there.
If you have further questions about filing in Alaska and having Northwest Registered Agent act as your registered agent service, please don’t hesitate to give us a call.
Registered Agent AK Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent service annual price: $125.
- Instant Alaska forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Alaska.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send you multiple biennial report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.