How to change your registered agent in South Carolina
- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
Cheaper Sites Exist
True, but we
- don’t hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
South Carolina Secretary of State Change of Registered Agent Requirements and Options
What are the options and different ways you can change your South Carolina registered agent?
To change a South Carolina corporations registered agent, or a South Carolina LLCs agent for service of process, submit a change of agent form to the South Carolina Secretary of State, Division of Business Registrations (SOS). There are different forms for corporations and LLCs. You can type on the forms or print in black ink. File the original form and a copy with the SOS.
Documents may be mailed (USPS, FedEx, etc.) or hand-delivered to the SOS. The South Carolina SOS accepts cash, personal checks, and money orders. They do not accept debit or credit cards. Checks should be payable to the Secretary of State’s Office.
How much does it cost to change your registered agent in South Carolina?
There is a $10 filing fee to change your corporation or LLCs South Carolina registered agent.
Don’t want to pay the change of agent fee? Switch your registered agent to Southwest, and we’ll pay the change of agent fee to switch to us! Just sign up for registered agent service. You’ll see the pre-populated change of agent form in your online account. Fill it out with your company info, sign it, and email or mail it to us, and we’ll get it filed with the state. It’s that simple!
How long does it take the state to process and complete the change of registered agent in South Carolina?
The South Carolina SOS processes documents within two business days. It can take longer when the SOS is busier than usual. If you submit in duplicate and include a self-addressed, stamped envelope, the SOS will mail a filed copy back to you.
South Carolina Secretary of State contact information:
South Carolina Secretary of State’s Office
Attn: Business Filings Division
1205 Pendleton Street, Suite 525
Columbia, SC 29201
M-F, 8:30 – 4:45
Phone: (803) 734-2158
What form do you file to change your registered agent in South Carolina?
To change the registered agent for a South Carolina corporation, file a Notice of Change of Registered Office or Registered Agent or Both of a South Carolina or Foreign Corporation.
To change the registered agent for a South Carolina LLC, file a Notice of Change of Designated Office or Agent for Service of Process, or Address of Agent – Limited Liability Company.
The pre-populated forms are in your online account immediately, when you sign up for South Carolina registered agent service with Northwest.
South Carolina Secretary of State:
Registered Agent South Carolina Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant South Carolina forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in South Carolina.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.