Maryland Registered Agent Service
- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
- don't hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
Info your MD registered agent should help you know and understand:
- A domestic corporation costs $120 to file. You must appoint and maintain a Maryland registered agent for all of these entities. Maryland calls this a Maryland resident agent.
- A domestic LLC costs $100 to file. The Maryland resident agent must sign the filing.
- A foreign corporation costs $120 to file and requires a MD resident agent.
- Foreign LLC costs $120 to file and needs the signature of your Maryland registered agent.
Northwest Registered Agent Service is a Maryland registered agent specialist. You will find more answers on this page, than you will ever get if you call the Maryland SDAT. That is, if they will even pick up the phone.
Maryland's Secretary of State is called the State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT). We provide Maryland registered agent service for $125 a year. We can also help you make a filing with the Maryland SDAT Corporate Charter Division. The SDAT Corporate Charter Division is very busy and rarely even picks up the phone, so this page should help answer some of your questions. We provide pre-signed forms in your online account and immediately accept the appointment as your Maryland registered agent.
If you are going to make a filing with the Maryland SDAT, it will take 7-8 weeks for normal processing time. You can expedite the process by paying $50 and they will file it within 7 days. You can mail your filings in or you can fax file your filing. If you fax file, you have to pay the $50 expedite fee. Filings do not need an original inked signature.
Make sure to send in your filing in duplicate, even if you fax file.
You will receive a confirmation letter to the address you list as your mailing address. You can pay an extra $5 to have the original filing returned to you with the confirmation letter. It is quicker to just look your business name up on their online database system. When paying the $5, that still won't get the actual filing back to you soon. They will not process that quickly.
Annual reports get mailed to your principal address in January or February of every year, and are due on April 15th. All annual reports cost $300. The Maryland annual reports are more like a personal property tax return. They are by far the worst report that any state has. Basically, they just want your money and most people fall in the minimum payment category.
Certificates of good standing cost $20 and can be ordered online.
To change your Maryland registered agent, it costs $25. You file a change of Maryland resident agent form, which is pre-signed and in your online account immediately after you sign up for service with us.
Basically, Maryland is one of the worst states to run a business in. We operate in all 51 jurisdictions, and it's still amazing to us how bad Maryland actually is. For some reason, Maryland uses different terminology than the rest of America, they don't answer their phones, getting your company registered is painful. They won't even return a copy of the filing to you! There is no real good information on Maryland state agency websites, and they don't answer their phones. Walking a filing over the counter does not get it processed any quicker. It's almost like they have weekly meetings to make things as hard on you as possible. We strongly recommend faxing your filing in, paying the extra $50 to expedite and faxing in your questions at the same time. They will fax back to you.
If you've read through this, you'll know you've just found more info on Maryland than you would ever find after searching the Maryland websites for hours. We provide helpful information about Maryland instantly in your online account. You can sign up for instant Maryland resident agent service and utilize the information that we have pried out of the state.
If you have any questions about making any type of filings in Maryland, you can give us a call, and/or hire us to make the filing for you so it's done right the first time. You don't want to wait 8 weeks for something to get denied.
Thanks for the opportunity to provide you Maryland registered agent service.
Registered Agent Maryland Service Includes:
- Instant Maryland registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Maryland forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Maryland.
- State resources in your Maryland registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan 'service of process' and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly...We're just not annoying™.