Michigan Registered Agent
REAL TIME SERVICE
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- Michigan business forms to file
- Michigan filing tips
- MI company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
Northwest Registered Agent, LLC.
Troy, MI 48084
Registered Agent Service in Michigan
What is a Michigan registered agent?
A Michigan resident or corporation that has a physical address in Michigan and is willing to accept legal documents on behalf of a company that has listed the agent as their MI registered agent. Under Michigan Limited Liability Company Act (450.4207), Michigan registered agent services must have a physical address—a P.O. Box will not work.
Why do I need a Michigan registered agent?
- To become a legitimate, registered Michigan business, the state forces you to appoint a Michigan registered agent. Sorry.
- The Department of Licensing and Regulatory affairs will reject your filing if you don’t appoint a Michigan resident agent.
- Basically, so the general public will have a reliable way to send important mail or legal notices to every registered Michigan business.
Note: In documents and legislation in Michigan, registered agents are sometimes referred to as resident agents. These two terms mean the same thing and the names can be used interchangeably.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
Yes, at first this Michigan resident agent service requirement feels like one more annoying expense and bureaucratic hoop to jump through. We understand, and we’ve used this technical requirement as an opportunity to provide you something special to help you run your business. Here’s how:
- Odds are you’ll struggle with your business filing on your own. It’s not personal, but you probably don’t do this every day, so we provide filing instructions, tips, order sheets, and the forms you should file in your online account.
- Just call us! We’ll walk you through the process. We’re here to help. The people who answer the phone do this for a living. We’re not reading from a script and you’ll never get a salesperson.
- This is only the beginning. Each year, you’ll have ongoing reports like the Michigan annual report (corporations are due on May 15; nonprofits are due on Oct. 15; LLC reports are due on Feb. 15). You can always see upcoming report dates for every state you have with us. We remind you based off of your real corporate data, as the state sees it. We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in our industry. We do the work for you programmatically on the backend and provide you not only with a reminder, but the forms to file populated with your info on them. No upsells.
- Free tools. We provide all the corporate legal forms you need to maintain your corporation, LLC, nonprofit, charity, LLP, or any other type of Michigan business. You can enter your corporate data once, and use that data to populate all kinds of corporate forms like annual meetings, amendments, and new registrations in additional states. We don’t just send you a bill each year; we provide free online software that helps you maintain your company.
What do Michigan registered agents do?
- Michigan registered agents need to have physical addresses in Michigan.
- Be open during business hours.
- Accept documents on your behalf and get them to you.
Commercial resident agents in Michigan should provide tools that help you maintain your company.
What are the requirements for Michigan registered agents?
- MI registered agents have to be a resident or companies that provide registered agent services.
- Have a registered office address that is a physical address located within the State of Michigan.
- Accept legal documents.
How do I change my registered agent service to Northwest?
- You file a change of resident agent form and we get listed as your Michigan registered agent.
- When you place an order with us, the change form is available immediately.
- It’s super easy, but for more specific info you can read our change Michigan resident agent page.
What kind of Michigan registered office will you provide me?
We provide a commercial registered office location in Troy, MI in Oakland County.
How will I get my documents from you?
We locally scan everything to you in real time from our office in Troy. For more info on our document delivery system, we’ve created a registered agent infographic.
Can I use your Michigan registered office address for everything on my filing?
Absolutely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our addresses for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private addresses off of public records.
Do I hire a Michigan registered agent service before or after I make the filing?
You should hire us first and then do your business registration filing because you can’t form an LLC or corporation without a Michigan registered agent service. You find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How does Northwest’s registered agent service work in Michigan?
- -You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
- -We’ll become your Michigan registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the MI Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.
- -We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
- -About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Michigan registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
We attempt to make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Michigan registered agent service or paying a bill, but for actually keeping up with Michigan corporate paperwork formalities.
People who need registered agents in Michigan:
Anyone forming a Michigan LLC or Michigan corporation.
Registered Agent Michigan Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Michigan forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Michigan.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple periodic report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.