Tennessee Registered Agent
REAL TIME SERVICE
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- Tennessee business forms to file
- Tennessee filing tips
- TN company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
Tennessee Registered Agent Service
What is a Tennessee registered agent?
Your Tennessee registered agent is responsible for accepting service of process and official documents on behalf of your business. When you sign up for our registered agent service, we scan your documents to you in real time!
What is required of Tennessee registered agents?
A Tennessee registered agent must be a person or legal entity located in TN.
How do I change my Tennessee registered agent?
It does not cost to change your Tennessee registered agent, so if you would like to switch to us, we would be glad to file the paper work for you after you sign the TN change of agent form in your online account.
How do I file my Tennessee annual report?
The Secretary of State sends annual reports to the mailing address you specify. Domestic Tennessee corporations cost $20 if there are no changes and $40 if there are. All other entities cost $300 if there are no changes and $320 if there are. Reports are due April 1st, or the first day of the 4th month after your fiscal year ends. Annual reports for Tennessee LLCs get mailed out at the end of December or beginning of January.
How do you get my documents to me?
When you sign up for our registered agent service, we scan all documents locally at our Nashville office, so you can view them immediately. For more information on how this process works, check out our Registered Agent Infographic.
How do I search for a Tennessee company’s registered agent?
If you want to legally notify someone through their registered agent, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
- You can do a Tennessee business name search on the state’s website
- Type in the company name you are trying to look up.
- Look at the TN registered agent name and registered office street address.
Info your TN registered agent should help you know and understand:
- Domestic Tennessee corporations cost $100 and you must appoint a TN registered agent.
- Domestic LLCs cost $300 or $50 per member whichever is more, to organize.
- Foreign corporations have a HUGE filing fee of $600. Sometimes we have helped people create a new domestic
- Tennessee entity to avoid this monster fee. Foreign corporations need to keep a Tennessee registered agent at all times.
Foreign LLCs have the same filing fees as domestics, and all LLCs must keep an active Tennessee registered agent.
Filings in Tennessee need to have original inked signatures. You cannot fax the filing in. You can file domestic entities online, but foreign business registrations need to be mailed in. Filings take about 4 days if mailed, and 2 if done online. Your TN registered agent does not need to sign your filing. Completed filings will get mailed back to the address on the envelope you mail with.
What makes Northwest different from other registered agent websites?
- Big Data. It is hard to know who to trust these days. We never store your credit card and we never sell your data.
- This is serious! Your Tennessee registered agent is your contact for serious legal notices. If your registered agent doesn’t do their job, it can mean real trouble for your business. We are the only national registered agent service that locally scans everything into your online account in real time. We have an office in every state, so when you sign up for our Tennessee registered agent service, we’ll scan everything to you from our office in Nashville, TN. We do more than just mail or email a copy of your notice to you. Our sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system not only sends out reminders, it also makes sure you view any documents we receive for you.
- We value your privacy. Another reason you really need to trust your Tennessee registered agent service is because people may contact your registered agent service looking for information on you and your business. Our staff is trained to keep client information private.
- Collections. Our company slogan is “We’re Just Not Annoying” and that extends to our billing policy. Every day we talk to new clients who left their old registered agent after becoming annoyed with being nickeled and dimed all the time. We charge one flat fee for service. We never send clients to collections.
- Tennessee registered agent service is what we do. This is not something we are trying out. It is not some scheme we are hoping will make us all rich. Our registered agent service is not a small part of some super corporate conglomerate. We’ve made registered agent service our business and we are proud of what we have to offer you.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
So you need to have a registered agent if you want to do business in Tennessee. It can be expensive and it is definitely a hassle. But it is not all bad news, because we use our registered agent service to provide a variety of other services that will benefit your business. Here is how we can help you stay compliant and manage your business in Tennessee:
- You will probably have some trouble with your business registration. Don’t worry. Everyone finds these business filings tedious, annoying, troublesome… But we can help! We deal with Tennessee business filings every day and we have an extensive collection of filing instructions and state forms to help you form your business.
- Just call us! If you have questions about your Tennessee business registration, give us a call. We have highly trained staff who answer our phones, not salespeople.
- This is only the beginning. We can help you with your ongoing Tennessee filing requirements. TN Corporations, PCs, Nonprofits, LLCs, PLLCs and domestic LLPs have to file annual reports with the Tennessee Secretary of State. We track your filing info with the Secretary of State so we have your correct due dates. This way you can always see when you have an upcoming report and we also send email reminders to file the annual report. We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in our industry. We do all the work on our end so that everything you need is always in your easy to use online account.
- Free tools. We also provide any other corporate legal forms you may need to maintain your Tennessee corporation, LLC, nonprofit, charity, or LLP. Once you enter your corporate data, we populate annual meeting, amendment, and registration forms, free for your use.
Registered Agent TN Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Tennessee forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Tennessee.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.