Vermont Annual Report Filing Instructions
VERMONT ANNUAL REPORT FILING DIRECTIONS
What is the cost to file the Vermont Annual Report?
- VT Corps and PCs-domestic: $45
- VT Corps-foreign: $200
- VT Nonprofits-domestic and foreign: $20 biennially.
- VT LLCs and PLLCs-domestic: $35
- VT LLCs – foreign: $140
- VT LLPs – domestic: $15
- VT LLPs – foreign: $100
- VT LPs – No report.
There is a small credit card convenience fee for online filing.
How to file your Vermont Corporations Division Annual Report:
VT Corps and LLCs in Vermont have two options for filing a Vermont Annual Report. They are:
- The best option is to file your report online at the Corporations Division Annual Report page. See the link below. Profit corporations and LLCs, domestic and foreign, can take advantage of this method. If you need to make changes to your registered agent information, you will need to file the change of agent form with its additional fee.
- VT Corporations and LLCs may go to the same webpage and select, ‘Print a pre-populated paper report.’ You can also file the paper report form that you received from your Vermont registered agent in person or by mail with the fee.
VT Nonprofits-domestic and foreign: The VT Corporations Division will mail the Nonprofit Biennial Report form to the business address. It is a simple form that needs completed and mailed to the Division with the filing fee.
VT LLPs-domestic and foreign: LLPs in Vermont must fill out and mail in the annual report form delivered to you by your Vermont registered agent.
VT LPs: LPs in Vermont have no annual report requirements.
VT Charities: Charities don’t register or renew, only their paid fundraisers.
If you have forgotten your password, you can go to the VT SOS website to retrieve it. The link is in our resources section below.
When are Vermont Annual Reports Due?
VT Corporations and LLCs: The rule is to file no later than two and a half months from the fiscal year end, typically March 15th.
VT LLPs: File annually by April 1st.
VT Nonprofits: April 1st biennially. Deliver your initial report by the second April 1st after the nonprofit first files, and then every other April 1st.
Your registered agent in Vermont will receive notices for your annual report.
Does Vermont have initial report requirements?
No, after starting a business in Vermont there is no initial report requirements.
What are the penalty fees for a delinquent Annual Report?
How do I get notified?
An annual report form will be mailed to your registered agent before your filing period begins and also a reminder notice. Northwest Registered Agent LLC will deliver your report and reminders instantly by email.
VT Nonprofits will have the biennial report mailed to their business address.
Who can file Vermont Annual reports?
Anyone with authority.
Are original signatures needed?
VT Corporations Division
128 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05633-1104
Phone: (802) 828-2386
Fax: (802) 828-2853
User ID and temporary password recovery
Click on the annual report tab and after clicking on the acknowledgement, you will be give the ability to retrieve your temporary password.