How to file an amendment for an Arkansas Corporation with the Arkansas Secretary of State

we're just not annoying®


Order Online

Step by step guide to Arkansas Corporation amendments

How to file an Arkansas Corporation Amendment:

To amend your Arkansas articles of incorporation, file a Certificate of Amendment with the Arkansas Secretary of State, Business and Commercial Services (BCS). There are separate Arkansas corporation amendment forms for corporations under the old and new codes.  Make sure you have the right form for your needs. The corporate amendment forms are in your online account immediately when you sign up with Northwest Registered Agent.

Certificate of Amendment (new code):
All you have to do is file one original with BCS. The filing fee will depend on whether any shares were exchanged.

Certificate of Amendment (old code):
You have to file at least one signed original with fees.  A copy will be returned to you and you must file it in the office of the county clerk where your corporations office is located within 60 days of filing with the secretary of State.

You can also file corporation amendments on the BCS website (see link below) or you can mail or drop off the paper form.  If you file online you can pay by credit card or electronic check. If you submit the paper form, include a check payable to the Arkansas Secretary of State.

Can you re-state the initial articles instead of filing an amendment?

Yes. You can restate your Arkansas articles of incorporation. The restatement may include a new amendment. If the new amendment requires shareholder approval, you have to do that before you can file the restatement. Just submit articles of restatement to BCS. Include the name of the corporation, text of the restated articles, the amendment and approval information, a statement that the restated articles supersede the original articles and all amendments.

The filing fee for restated and amended articles is $100.

Are there any specifics you can or can’t include with an Arkansas Corporation amendment?

You can change your Arkansas corporations officers, name, registered agent, and other information in the original articles of incorporation by filing an amendment.

How much does an Arkansas Corporation amendment cost?

Paper forms:
New code, no shares exchanged-$50
New code, shares exchanged-$100
Old code-$50

New code, no shares exchanged-$45
New code, shares exchanged-$90
Old code-$45

How long does it take the state to process an Arkansas Corporation amendment?

By mail: within 2 days
Online: 24 hours
In person: while you wait

How will the Arkansas Corporation amendment be returned?

Regardless of how the amendment was submitted, BCS will return a file stamped original to the submitter by mail.

What state agency do you file an amendment with?

Submit your corporation amendment to:

Arkansas Secretary of State
Business and Commercial Services

Mailing address:
State Capitol
Little Rock, AR

Physical address:
Victory Building
1401 West Capital Ave., Ste. 250
Little Rock, AR 72201

Can you change the Arkansas Corporation officers or directors on an amendment?

You can just change your Arkansas corporations officers when you file the annual franchise tax report. If you need to change your officers after you have filed the annual tax report, then you file an amendment to change your officers.

Can you change the Arkansas registered agent on the amendment?

Yes. You can change your Arkansas registered agent by amending your articles of incorporation.

Can you change the principal office address and/or the mailing address on an Corporation amendment?

Yes, the principal address would be in your articles of incorporation and you can change that information by filing an amendment.

Arkansas BCS forms:

Arkansas BCS online filing:

Northwest Registered Agent, LLC.
Agent#  800136392
Mountain Home, AR 72653
Baxter County

Our Pitch
If you need help filing a Arkansas Corporation amendment, correcting your Arkansas Corporation By-laws, preparing new Arkansas Corporation by-laws if you don’t have one, obtaining Arkansas Corporation stock certificates to show ownership shares of the Arkansas Corporation, a change of sale of Arkansas Corporation stock, a change of Arkansas Corporation officers and directors, change of principal office of the Arkansas Corporation, or change of Arkansas registered agent, we can help you make these filings.

As your registered agent, you’ll receive timely reminders of when your reports are due, state(s) you are registered in, an online account for immediate uploading of documents we received locally, and the security of having a professional Arkansas registered agent monitoring your Arkansas Corporation with the State.
Signup for Registered Agent Service
Registered Agent
Incorporation Service Signup
Detailed step by step information on how to incorporate or register your business in:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana Corporation, Iowa Corporation, Kansas Corporation, Kentucky Corporation, Louisiana Corporation, Maine Corporation, Maryland Corporation, Massachusetts Corporation, Michigan Corporation, Minnesota Corporation, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Why Choose Us?

1998 -  Copyright © Northwest Registered Agent, LLC. All Rights Reserved
No duplication of this site, or content therein, is permitted without prior express written authorization.