How To Change Your Registered Agent In Arkansas
To change your registered agent in Arkansas, you must complete and file a Notice of Change of Registered Agent Information form with the Arkansas Secretary of State. The Arkansas Notice of Change of Registered Agent Information can be submitted online or with a paper form and has no filing fee. When you hire Northwest to be your new registered agent, we will file your Arkansas change of registered agent paperwork for you.
Free PDF Download
Download the Arkansas Notice of Change of Registered Agent Information here
Do It Yourself Online
Sign up for a free account and fill out the Arkansas Notice of Change of Registered Agent Information here
Arkansas Registered Agent Service$125 Per Year
Steps to Changing Your Arkansas Registered Agent
If you would like to change your registered agent in Arkansas, you will need to complete the following three general steps:
- Select a new Arkansas registered agent. If you hire Northwest for our registered agent service, you can just as well stop reading now. We’ll handle the state filing for you.
- Notify your former registered agent that you’re moving on.
- Complete and submit your Arkansas Notice of Change of Registered Agent Information to the Arkansas Secretary of State.
What are the options and different ways you can change your Arkansas registered agent?
You can change your Arkansas registered agent by filing a form with the Arkansas Secretary of State, Business and Commercial Services (BCS). You can print a copy and mail or personally deliver it to BCS.
You can also change your agent online at BCS website (see link below). Just click the ONLINE link next to the form. File online and pay by credit card or electronic check.
You can change your registered agent by amending your articles of incorporation or organization, but there is a filing fee for amendments, so this would only make sense if you were already filing an amendment for another reason.
To ensure your former agent’s service and obligations come to a full stop, check out our Arkansas registered agent resignation page.
Changing Your Arkansas Registered Agent FAQs
How much does it cost to change your registered agent in Arkansas?
There is no fee to submit a Notice of Change of Registered Agent Information form.
How long does it take the state to process and complete the change of registered agent in Arkansas?
The Arkansas BCS processes the change of agent within two business days. If you file online, BCS will process the change in 24 hours. If you file in person, they will process it while you wait.
How do I contact the Arkansas Secretary of State?
Arkansas Secretary of State
Business and Commercial Services
Little Rock, AR 72201-1094
1401 West Capital Ave., Ste. 250
Little Rock, AR 72201
What form do you file to change your registered agent in Arkansas?
There is one change of agent form for all business types. The pre-populated form, Statement of Change of Registered Agent, is in your online account when you sign up for registered agent service with Northwest. All you have to do is file one original with Arkansas BCS.
Expect More From a Registered Agent
We have a team of Arkansas experts that know the in-and-outs of all business filings and what the Arkansas Secretary of State requires. As your registered agent we don’t wait around on any legal correspondence we receive on your behalf, we immediately scan it to your secure online portfolio so you can view it anytime, anywhere. Switch to Northwest Registered Agent today and we will file your Notice of Change of Registered Agent Information form, all in less than a business day.
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Arkansas forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Arkansas.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.