Arkansas Registered Agent
When You Want More
An Arkansas registered agent is a third-party that accepts service of process and official business correspondence on behalf of businesses in Arkansas. The State of Arkansas requires all businesses to designate a registered agent so that the State has a reliable means of contacting corporations, LLCs and other entities. Every Arkansas registered agent must maintain a physical street location and keep regular business hours.
With our registered agent service, get Privacy by Default®, business address, free mail forwarding, free Phone Service for 60 days, and local Corporate Guides®—only at Northwest.
Everything You Need To Know About Arkansas Registered Agents:
What Do Arkansas Registered Agents Do?
At a minimum, Arkansas registered agents accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail at a designated location called a registered office. In other words, your registered agent’s address acts as the official place where any service of process and official mail for your Arkansas LLC, Arkansas corporation or Arkansas nonprofit will be sent. It is very important that you comply with the requirements for a registered agent and registered office.
However, the right registered agent service can do much more. At Northwest, we go above and beyond the minimum to ensure top speed, security, privacy and support.
What Are the Legal Requirements for Arkansas Registered Agents?
In accordance with Arkansas Code § 4-20-105, every Arkansas business must appoint a registered agent that adheres to the following:
- The AR registered agent must be a state resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- AR registered agents must maintain a registered office (a physical address in Arkansas).
- Accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
How Do I Change My Arkansas Registered Agent?
There are two ways to change your registered agent in Arkansas.
- Hire us and we’ll complete the change of agent form for you for free.
- Do it yourself and file a Notice of Change Registered Agent with the Arkansas BCS. There is no fee to file this form.
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Services?
At Northwest, we do business the right way. We’re dedicated to getting you your docs fast, protecting your privacy and offering you support. Here’s how:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: We automatically minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. If we can put our address on a public doc instead of yours, we do. If we don’t have to list your personal info, we don’t. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data safe and private. And we never sell your data.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: Of course we’ll get you your state and legal mail. That’s our job. But what if we get some of your regular business mail? It happens a lot—clients and businesses trying to connect with you via your registered agent. We scan 5 documents per year for FREE. We can also scan additional mail at a per document rate of $15.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
Arkansas Registered Agent FAQs
Why Do I Need An Arkansas Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
Can I be my own registered agent in Arkansas?
Yes, you can be your own registered agent in Arkansas. With that said, however, after considering the registered agent requirements most business owners elect to hire a registered agent service instead. Why? Well although being your own registered agent will cost you $0, an Arkansas registered agent’s name and address becomes part of the public record. Additionally, the registered agent is required to be available to accept service of process during normal business hours.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Arkansas?
We accept and scan all of our Arkansas clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Mountain Home, AR.
Will You Let Me Know When My Arkansas Franchise Tax Is Due?
Absolutely! If you own an LLC or corporation in Arkansas, you’ll need to file your annual franchise tax report each year. As part of our registered agent service, we’ll not only send you a reminder, but we’ll give you the form you need to file and instructions on how to file it.
Can I Use Your Arkansas Registered Office Address For Everything On My Business Filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
Can I Have My Business’s Mail Delivered To Your Arkansas Office?
We don’t want ALL of your business mail. It’s not what we do. And it wouldn’t serve you well. You wouldn’t have unique address or suite number. Any mail we receive on your behalf would come to to Northwest Registered Agent, care of you.
But we understand that businesses and clients sometimes reach out to you through your registered agent. Through us. That’s why we give you 5 FREE scans of regular business mail a year. You can request any additional documents to be forwarded at a per document rate of $15.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Arkansas?
You should hire us first and then form your LLC or corporation because the Arkansas secretary of state will reject your business registration filing if you don’t. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How Do Arkansas Registered Agents Get Served?
Serving a registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you receive the documents your Arkansas registered agent signs for on your business’ behalf, once they accept the documents, you’ve been notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. This is how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: If you’ve hired us, long before the server hands in their affidavit to the court, you’ve received your documents because we scanned them to your online account within minute of having been served.
How Do I Search For An Arkansas Registered Agent?
You can do an Arkansas business name search via the Arkansas Secretary of State.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify a business through their Arkansas registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How Do I Resign From Being A Registered Agent In Arkansas?
In Arkansas, to resign as a registered agent, you need to submit a Statement of Registered Agent Resignation with the Arkansas SOS. For a more detailed walkthrough, you can refer to our guide on how to resign as a registered agent in Arkansas.
How To Order Arkansas Registered Agent Service:
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
For new businesses, we’ll become your Arkansas registered agent service once your business registration filing with the Arkansas Secretary of State is complete.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Arkansas registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
With offices in every state, we make it easy to add registered agent services anywhere in the country. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Arkansas registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Arkansas corporate compliance.