Northwest Registered Agent LLC
Terms of Service
At Northwest Registered Agent, our goal is to make complicated business topics easy to understand. Our terms of service are no different. While this is a legal document and some technical terminology is essential, we think you should easily be able to see and find what’s covered in our terms of service, as outlined below:
This section lays out the ground work for these terms.
Additionally, these Terms supersede and replace any other prior or existing agreements, or terms and conditions that may be applicable. These Terms create no third party beneficiary rights.
Acceptable use of our website and Services
Our company slogan is “We’re Just Not Annoying,” and we hope we’ll get the same in return from you. To better spell out our expectations from users, please take a look at the following:
In using our website and Services, you may not, nor may you permit any third party, directly or indirectly, to:
- Access or monitor any material or information on any of our systems, using any manual process or robot, spider, crawler, scraper, or other automated means;
- Except to the extent that any restriction is expressly prohibited by law, violate the restrictions in any robot exclusion headers on any Service, work around, bypass or circumvent any of the technical limitations of the Services, use any tool to enable features or functionalities that are otherwise disabled in the Services, or decompile, disassemble or otherwise reverse engineer the Services;
- Perform or attempt to perform any actions that would interfere with the proper working of the Services, or prevent access to or use of the Services by our other customers;
- Copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works, publicly display, republish, upload, post, transmit, resell or distribute in any way material, information or Services from us;
- Transfer any rights granted to you under these Terms;
- Use the Services except as expressly allowed under these Terms.
If we suspect your account has been used for an unauthorized, illegal or criminal purpose, you are granting us express authorization to share information about you and your account with law enforcement.
Use of Forms
Northwest Registered Agent makes several legal forms freely available for convenient use. Users are hereby notified that any use of said forms may impact the legal rights and obligations of the parties involved. Nothing within those forms should be construed as legal advice. Any user of our forms acknowledges the risk of using template forms and said user voluntarily assumes that risk by using our forms. Users agree that they will not consider the contents of any form, website, or communication with Northwest Registered Agent as valid substitutions to seeking legal advice from a qualified legal professional. We disclaim any liability which may result from the use or misuse of our freely available forms.
Registered Agent Service and Business Filings
Receiving Service of Process & Other Legal Documents. As your registered agent, we need to accept legal documents on your behalf and upload them into the online account we provide you. You authorize us to receive service of process and legal documents of any kind (“Legal Documents”) on your behalf. You also agree that we can open, scan, upload and transmit the Legal Documents into your account in connection with providing Services to you. Registered agent services are limited to the receipt of service of process as well as the receipt and forwarding of Legal Documents, and do not include the receipt of any general or regular mail or other items. Accordingly, we do not assume liability to you, or any third party, for loss of mail or other items which are not Legal Documents.
Regular Documents. Not all documents are created equally. The documents that we receive at our addresses on your company’s behalf which are not communications from the Secretary of State related to your company’s registration nor documents related to legal service of process are considered by us to be “Regular Documents.” Depending on which services you have purchased from us, there may be a limit on how many Regular Documents will be accepted by our office on your company’s behalf without incurring additional fees.
Additionally, you may be charged for any physical document forwarding requests that exceed your purchased limits. You agree to pay the fees that we post to your account related to any Regular Documents which we receive on your company’s behalf in excess of your purchased service limit. This includes any fees posted in relation to requests to forward physical documents.
While we strive to process your Regular Documents as quickly as possible, you agree that we are not liable for any missed deadlines, time limits or other time sensitive Regular Documents we may receive, regardless if such Regular Document are within your purchased service limit or not.
Service Providers. There’s a lot of logistics involved with registered agent services and sometimes we utilize professionals like couriers, attorneys and other third-parties to fulfill our registered agent duties. This item is to make sure you understand and agree that these service providers may assist us in providing you with registered agent services.
Electronic Records and Signatures. We’re a digital company and sometimes we need your electronic or hard copy signature, so Our failure to enforce a provision of these Terms is not a waiver of our right to do so at a later date. If a provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Terms will remain in full force and effect. We may need to file documents on your behalf so you consent to us affixing your electronic or hard copy signature in order to file documents on your behalf.
We Require Current and Accurate Information. Because of various state requirements and statutes, we do need accurate information concerning the filings we perform on your behalf. We don’t sell your information and we keep all information that is not required on public documents private. However, you agree that you are solely responsible for the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, reliability, and appropriateness of your information. You also agree that the accuracy of filings which we make on your behalf depends on the information you provide and you agree to promptly notify us when any of your information changes.
Our goal is to help you get your company up and running with no minimal upfront costs and a low monthly cost.
- VIP Service Includes: Paying the required State filing fees for your Corporation, Limited Liability Company or Non-Profit Corporation, providing Registered Agent service, obtaining an Employer Identification Number (“EIN”) and paying any other necessary Renewal Service Fee(s). We then divide the total amount of these fees, including a small convenience fee, into 12 equal monthly payments.
- Your VIP Service begins as soon as your initial payment is processed. Your VIP Service will automatically renew each month without notice until you cancel. We will automatically charge you the then-current rate for your VIP Service plan, which includes any applicable taxes, every month of your annual contract until you cancel. The minimum term of the VIP Service shall be 1 year (“Annual Term”). By participating in the VIP Service, you agree to pay the initial and all recurring monthly payments. To cancel your VIP Service please see our “VIP Service Termination” section.
- Annual Renewals. The Company will notify you about annual renewals including any adjustments to the monthly rate of your VIP Service plan. Upon notification of the annual renewal, you will have the option to opt out of the next Annual Term, pay for the full amount of VIP Service, or continue to pay monthly.
Termination of Services (Registered Agent and/or Other Services)
When any Service with us is canceled or terminated, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Anyone who has access to your account has the proper authority to cancel Services; and
- The termination is binding on the company(s); and
- Upon termination, you waive any and all rights or claims of statutory damages or tort claims; and
- You will NOT file a “change of address” request with the United States Postal Service. This is a specific address request form the USPS provides that will ultimately not work because our address is not yours, and using that form could make a mess for both of us. The address we provide to clients is our address.
Registered Agent Services Termination.
- We can terminate service. We may terminate your registered agent Service at any time. Reasons for termination may include, but are not limited to: your failure to provide us with accurate, complete, and current information for your account; our inability to locate you after reasonable efforts are made; your failure to pay for your Service; any suspected illegal activity; or any other lawful reason.
- You can terminate our service. You may terminate or cancel your Service anytime by logging onto your account and canceling your Service in your client portal.
- Upon termination you acknowledge and agree that:
- You release any and all liability, duty, or obligation of any kind that we had or continue to have to notify, forward, or re-mail documents that we receive for you or your company(s) about lawsuits or any other type of mail that we may receive. Even if our office address is still listed on any part of the corporate filing, or if we are still listed as the registered agent; and
- If we are still listed as the registered agent, or our address is still being listed, we have the right to remove ourselves and our address, which could put your company(s) in default, which may result in your company(s) to lose its license, good standing, and/or approval to perform work by various agencies. We are not agreeing to perform any filings to remove ourselves from your company, but we may choose to do so; and
- As of the date of termination, we will not forward service of process, legal notices, law suits, mail or notices that we may continue to receive to you or your company(s).
- You will hold us and our affiliates harmless from any third party claim arising out of any delay or failure of you receiving Legal Documents after your registered agent Service has been terminated.
How we handle Legal Documents after we are no longer your registered agent. Once we are no longer your registered agent, if we receive further Legal Documents on your behalf, we will send an email notice to the last known email address that we have on file for you. If you want to view a Legal Document, you will need to renew your Service with us, pay any fees incurred prior to cancellation or pay a “Per Document” fee in order to view the Legal Document. Once you take one of these actions, we will make the Legal Document available to you.
You Waive and Release any Claims and Agree to Hold Us Harmless and Indemnify Us. This clause is simply outlining that after your service is canceled or terminated, we aren’t responsible for forwarding you documents of any kind. After your service is terminated, you waive and release us from any obligation to forward or re-mail documents that are received. Additionally, you specifically agree that we have no obligation to forward or re-mail any documents to you except as outlined in these Terms. You further agree to hold us and our affiliates harmless from any third party claim arising out of a delay or failure of you to receive Legal Documents after your registered agent Service has been terminated.
Termination of Services that Are Not Registered Agent Services
This is essentially the same as registered agent services, but we need to list it separately for legal reasons. So for Services other than registered agent services:
- We can terminate services. We may terminate a Service or Services at any time. Reasons for termination may include, but are not limited to: your failure to provide accurate, complete and current information for your account; the inability to locate you after reasonable efforts are made; your failure to pay for your Services; suspected illegal activity; and any other lawful reason.
- You can terminate our services. You can cancel your Services anytime by logging into your account and canceling in the client portal.
VIP Service Termination
- We can terminate services. We may terminate VIP Service or Services at any time. Reasons for termination may include, but are not limited to: your failure to provide accurate, complete and current information for your account; the inability to locate you after reasonable efforts are made; your failure to pay for your VIP Services; suspected illegal activity; and any other lawful reason.
- You may terminate your VIP Service at any time by logging into your account and canceling in your account. You must immediately pay the unpaid lump sum amount of your remaining Annual Term obligation. Cancellation is effective immediately upon completing the cancellation process. For example: If you signed up for VIP Service for $100 per month, that means the total Annual Term amount is $1200. If, After 2 months of VIP Service, you decide to cancel after three subsequent monthly payments. The amount of your initial fee and the three subsequent monthly payments would equal $400. To initiate cancellation of your VIP Service, you will be prompted in your online account to pay us the remaining $800 in order to complete your cancellation.
- Non-Refundable Fee(s). Except as otherwise set forth in these Terms of Service, your VIP Service fees, once paid, are non-refundable and non-creditable for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, the cancellation of the VIP Service.
How to Terminate or Cancel a Service
To end a Service with us and no longer receive invoices, you are required to log in to your account and cancel Services in the client portal.
Cancellation can be requested at any time. There are no fees to cancel, but upon cancellation of Service, you may be required to pay any past-due balances related to such services, unless otherwise specified in this agreement.
Some of our Services are billed via an automatic payment feature unless you choose to opt out of this feature within your client account. Clients who opt-out will be invoiced for payment. All accounts using auto-payment must provide us with valid and current credit card information and you agree that we are authorized to charge such credit card for all purchased Services as well as fees incurred in providing you with Services.
Specifics Regarding Auto-Pay Features:
- All auto-payments will be charged to the credit or debit card on file for the business entity or individual.
- All auto-payment services excluding VIP Services must be canceled at least one (1) day before the next charge date to avoid paying for the next month of Services, or year of annual Service. All cancellations must be handled through your online account.
- Customers enrolling in our VIP Services, call forwarding, mail forwarding, or Virtual Office Services must enroll in monthly automatic payments and you authorize us to charge your account for Services every thirty days.
- Annual auto-pay charges that fail to process will be rendered an unpaid invoice in your online account and subject to the fees and procedures outlined in these Terms.
- Monthly subscription or auto-pay charges that fail to process will result in the cancellation of all applicable Services and features.
At Northwest Registered Agent, we try extremely hard to live up to our motto: “We’re just not annoying®.” It’s a tough road to walk, though, when clients owe us money. Like any other business, we do try to collect on money owed. While we will always do our best to treat each client with the respect they deserve, this section addresses how we handle declined payments and collections, and outlines what you’re agreeing to as our client.
If you’re enrolled in an autopay service, like our VIP Service, we’ll charge whatever payment methods are stored in your online account. If all methods fail or there is not a valid method saved, we may suspend your account and require payment in order to reinstate services or in order to cancel your services. While we personally find the idea of collections revolting, we reserve our right to use legal action and collection agencies if deemed necessary.
This is the long version, which our lawyers tell us is necessary to have here:
If we don’t receive payment (“Non-Payment”), you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand to resume or cancel your VIP Service. You also authorize the Company to charge any and all outstanding fees and penalties that become due as a result from such Non-Payment. Additionally, following any such Non-Payment, you will not be eligible for monthly-billing or partial payments until your account is brought current. Non-Payment may also result in delayed services which include but are not limited to: locked documents, non-filing of compliance documents and the processing of additional orders.
You agree that you are liable for all third-party collection agency recovery fees and charges. You are solely responsible for any and all fees charged to your credit card by the issuer, bank, or financial institution including, but not limited to, membership, overdraft, insufficient funds, and over the credit limit fees. By failing to notify the Company of billing problems or discrepancies you agree that you waive your right to dispute such billing discrepancies. We may modify the price, content, or nature of the VIP Service at any time. We may provide notice of any such changes by email, notice to you upon log-in, or by publishing them on our website.
Disputes and How To Settle Them
One Year Time Limitation to Start a Dispute. You agree that any action or proceeding by you relating to any dispute must commence within one year after the alleged cause of action accrues.
Dispute Resolution by Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver. We try extremely hard to provide every client with amazing customer service. If you don’t like something we did, please email or call us. We’ll try to resolve the issue to your liking quickly. Call us at 509-768-2249. You can also email us at email@example.com. We value our clients and seriously try hard to provide amazing customer service.
All that said, in the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, we each agree to resolve those disputes through binding arbitration under the auspices of JAMS Alternative Dispute Resolution (“JAMS”). JAMS will administer any such arbitration under its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules. If the amount of the claims and counterclaims are less than Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars ($250,000.00), then the JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures will be used. You agree that any arbitration pursuant to these Terms will be on an individual basis, and that you will not bring a claim as a plaintiff or class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. You further agree that class arbitrations, class actions and consolidation with other arbitrations will not be allowed. All disputes and claims between us will be heard by a single arbitrator.
We Are Not Attorneys, Accountants, CPAs or Fiduciaries
At Northwest Registered Agent, our website is filled with a lot of tongue-in-cheek humor and opinion and, we hope, a lot of common sense about starting a business. We provide information and act as what’s known as a “fulfillment service provider”. That means we fulfill service orders that includes business filings and registered agent service. But we are not a law firm or an attorney and do not provide legal advice. As we are not attorneys, there is no attorney-client relationship between us and the communications between us are not protected as attorney-client communications. Use of our services as a fulfillment service provider shall NOT create any fiduciary duty or obligations, either implied or express, by any agent, affiliate or employee of the company.
You agree to protect, defend, indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities, judgments, penalties, losses, costs, damages and expenses (including attorneys’ fees and all related costs and expenses for litigation and/or arbitration) suffered or incurred by us, including, without limitation, any claim arising from:
- Your wrongful or improper use of the Services;
- Your failure to provide us with accurate information about you or your business;
- Your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any right of privacy, publicity rights or Intellectual Property Rights;
- Your violation of any law, rule or regulation of the United States or any other country;
- Any other party’s access and/or use of the Services with your unique name, password or other security code;
- Any copyright infringement claims that may arise from us scanning Legal Documents or other mail on your behalf;
- The failure of any third party, including but not limited to the United States Postal Service or any commercial delivery or courier service, to provide delivery or courier services accurately and on time;
- Any loss, damage or destruction of your Legal Documents by any cause whatsoever;
- Our being named as a defendant in an action based on our status as your registered agent;
- Any claims or action brought against us relating to your failure to maintain updated information on any of our websites.
Due to various state requirements and statutes, you must provide us with accurate information concerning the services we perform on your behalf. You agree that you are solely responsible for the accuracy, quality, integrity, legality, reliability, and appropriateness of your information. You also agree that the accuracy of filings which we make on your behalf depends on the information you provide and you agree to promptly notify us when any of your information changes. Since your company may be subject to legal process in any county/state in which your business is registered or operates, it is crucial for you to provide us with correct and up-to-date information. That being said, we do not sell your information, and we keep all information that is not required on public documents private.
Intellectual Property Rights & Ownership
It’d be weird if you thought using our services granted you any rights to our Intellectual Property, but just so it’s clear, we own all right, title and interest, in and to all Intellectual Property Rights in the services and website, and none of it is yours, nor do these terms of service grant you any rights to our Intellectual Property. For purposes of these Terms, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all patent rights, copyright rights, mask work rights, moral rights, rights of publicity, trademark, trade dress, service mark rights, goodwill, trade secret rights, and any other intellectual property rights that may exist now or come into existence in the future, and all of their applications, registrations, renewals and extensions, under the laws of any state, country, territory or other jurisdiction. That’s all ours…not yours.
We do, however, desire client feedback to help us improve our services, but if you submit an idea, and we implement it, you’re not entitled to any compensation of any kind. So please submit comments or ideas about our services, but know that by submitting any idea, you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited, and without restriction, that it will not place us under any fiduciary, confidentiality or other obligation, and that we are free to use the Idea without any compensation to you, and/or to disclose the Idea on a non-confidential basis or otherwise to anyone.
Disclaimer of Warranties & Limitation of Liability
There’s no way to really break this section down into lay terms without losing some of the legal meaning, so we’re letting our legal team speak for us here.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND OUR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
WE DO NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION, UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, WITHOUT DEFECT OR SECURE; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL THEORY, OR WHETHER WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS, OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING, OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR YOUR ACCOUNT, OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE THAT OUR TOTAL LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND OUR SERVICES SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO US FOR SERVICES DURING THE TWELVE MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE DATE OF YOUR CLAIM.
Waiver, Severability, and Assignment of Rights
This section is basically a catch all.
- Our failure to enforce a provision of these Terms is not a waiver of our right to do so at a later date. If a provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions of the Terms will remain in full force and effect.
This outlines how if, for example, you were to sell your business, you could assign the rights and obligations of this agreement to the person or entity you sold your business to. We just need prior written notice. Likewise if we sold our company our rights and obligations would transfer to the buyer, and it’d be their responsibility to uphold the Terms.
In legal terms, assignment reads like this:
You may assign your rights and obligations under these Terms provided we receive prior written notice of, and approve of, such assignment. We will not unreasonably withhold our approval. We may assign our rights or obligations to any successor in interest of any business associated with the Services.
Legal Services Offered by Northwest Registered Agent
The following terms and conditions govern Law on Call, LLC’s (“Law on Call”) services, and your use of such services constitutes acceptance thereof. You are required to read these terms, and your use of Law on Call’s services indicates your understanding thereof, and agreement thereto.
LAW ON CALL IS OWNED BY NON-LAWYERS
This law firm is owned by nonlawyers. Some of the people who own or manage this entity are not lawyers. This means that some services or protections, like attorney-client privilege, may be different from those you could get from a traditional law firm. While Law on Call is owned by nonlawyers, only lawyers and legal personnel at Law on Call will provide services and legal advice to you. If you have questions, please contact Law on Call at 801-889-1980.
Attorney-client privilege, ethics and confidentiality rules govern the services provided by Law on Call. By your use of Law on Call’s services, you agree and understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed except as related to the specific matter for which you retained our services. Additionally, no attorney-client relationship exists between you and Law on Call unless we accept your invitation/request to provide services, subject to a conflict investigation, as described below. Advice and information provided over the telephone, without an accompanying express agreement by the attorney to enter into an attorney-client relationship, does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Law on Call.
Following an order with Law on Call, Law on Call will conduct a conflict check. We may be required to refuse service in the event of a legal conflict of interest, pursuant to the ethical rules prescribed by the applicable State Bar. A conflict of interest may arise if the service you request involves another Law on Call client and your interests are different than, or adversarial to, the other Law on Call client. In such event, Law on Call will notify each client of the conflict of interest, and, unfortunately, Law on Call may be required to deny service to either or both clients. Law on Call will not be considered bound by this Agreement, and no attorney-client relationship shall be formed until it is determined, by Law on Call, that no conflict of interest exists.
You agree that, at the time Law on Call’s services to you conclude, as determined by Law on Call, you will immediately pay all unpaid charges incurred by our attorneys, which are charged by the hour at our attorneys’ prevailing rates for time spent on your matter. No initial retainer shall be required, and Law on Call will not hold any client funds for any purpose. You also agree that you will reimburse any filing fees and other fees fixed by law or assessed by courts or public agencies in connection with your matter, which shall be included on your invoice, at the time your matter has concluded.
Law on Call is being retained to provide legal advice. Nothing in this Agreement, and nothing contained in our attorney’s statements to you shall be construed as a promise or guarantee in regard to any particular outcome related to your legal matter. Any comments by our attorneys about the outcome of your matter are expressions of opinion only.
If you provide unsolicited information to Law on Call through this website, email, over the phone, or through any other medium, the provision of such information does not, and will not, create an attorney-client relationship between you and Law on Call or any of its attorneys. If you provide information or material through this website in connection with a matter for which we do not already represent you, or for which we have not agreed to represent you, that information and material may not be privileged or confidential and may not be secure. If you e-mail information to us in connection with any matter, you acknowledge and understand that Internet e-mail may not be secure. Please take this into consideration when sending proprietary, confidential or particularly sensitive information as Law on Call will not be held liable for any such breach or disclosure of such information.
BY SUBMITTING A LEGAL REQUEST ORDER ON THIS WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS ABOVE.
Trademark Application Services
The following terms and conditions govern the trademark services offered to you, and your request for and use of such services constitutes acceptance thereof. You are required to read these terms and signify your understanding thereof, and agreement thereto at the end of this document.
Trademark services are offered by the company through which you ordered the service (the “Offering Entity”). To help you apply for trademark registration, attorneys and legal personnel at Law on Call, LLC have been engaged, or will be engaged by the Offering Entity. Law on Call’s legal personnel are, or will be compensated for their services by the Offering Entity. Your payment for such services are made to the Offering Entity, and only the Offering Entity retains your funds. Legal personnel at Law on Call will aid in the rendering of the trademark services, subject to all other rules governing the practice of law.
LAW ON CALL IS OWNED BY NON-LAWYERS
Law on Call, LLC is a non-lawyer owned legal service provider, authorized to provide legal advice and services, including the practice of law, by the Utah Supreme Court. Some of the people who own and/or manage Law on Call are not lawyers. This means that some services and/or protections, like attorney-client privilege, may be different from those you could get from a traditional law firm. While Law on Call is owned by non-lawyers, those non-lawyers will not be involved in the practice of law. Only lawyers and legal personnel at Law on Call will provide legal services and legal advice to you.
Attorney-client privilege, ethics and confidentiality rules govern the services provided by Law on Call. By your acceptance of Law on Call’s advice and services, you agree and understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed except as related to Law on Call’s assistance in helping you apply for trademark protection with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”). Additionally, no attorney-client relationship shall exist between you and Law on Call unless Law on Call accepts your invitation/request to provide trademark services, subject to a conflict investigation, as described below. Law on Call reserves the right to terminate its relationship with you at its sole discretion for any reason and at any time.
Following your order for trademark services through the Offering Entity, Law on Call will conduct a conflict check. Law on Call may be required to refuse service in the event of a legal conflict of interest, pursuant to the ethical rules prescribed by the applicable State Bar. A conflict of interest may arise if the service you request involves another Law on Call client and your interests are different than, or adversarial to the other Law on Call client. In such event, Law on Call will notify each client of the conflict of interest, and, unfortunately, Law on Call may be required to deny service to either or both clients. Law on Call will not be considered bound by this Agreement, and no attorney-client relationship shall be formed until it is determined, by Law on Call, that no conflict of interest exists.
You agree that you have authority to act, and are acting on behalf of the person or entity identified as the owner of the trademark you intend to apply for. You agree further that, at the time the Offering Entity’s and Law on Call’s services to you conclude, as determined by the Offering Entity or Law on Call, you will immediately pay any unpaid charges incurred in assisting with your trademark application. You also agree that you will pay or reimburse any filing fees and other fees fixed by law or assessed by courts, the USPTO, or any other public agency in connection with your matter, which shall be included on your invoice, at the time your matter has concluded.
Law on Call may also offer you, as an additional service ordered directly through Law on Call (rather than through the Offering Entity), assistance in handling “Office Actions” issued by the USPTO in regard to your trademark application. “Office Actions” issued by the USPTO may include requests by the USPTO to make simple modifications of your initial trademark application and/or a request by the USPTO to address substantive legal issues that may result in the denial of your trademark application. In the event the USPTO issues an “Office Action,” you have the right to contact Law on Call directly to seek assistance in handling those matters. Any “Office Action” handled by Law on Call on your behalf will be subject to separate billing by Law on Call at its current billing rates. Law on Call makes no promise or guarantee in regard to the outcome of any “Office Action” for which it works on your behalf.
Law on Call is being retained by the Offering Entity to provide legal advice to you in connection with your trademark application. Nothing in this Agreement, and nothing contained in Law on Call’s statements to you shall be construed as a promise or guarantee in regard to any particular outcome related to your trademark application. Any comments by Law on Call’s attorneys about the outcome of your matter are expressions of opinion only.
If you provide unsolicited information to the Offering Entity or to Law on Call through this website, email, over the phone, or through any other medium, the provision of such information does not, and will not, create an attorney-client relationship between you and Law on Call or any of its attorneys. If you provide information or material through this website in connection with a matter for which neither the Offering Entity nor Law on Call already represent you, or for which neither have agreed to represent you, that information and material may not be privileged or confidential and may not be secure. If you e-mail information to the Offering Entity or Law on Call in connection with any matter, you acknowledge and understand that Internet e-mail may not be secure. Please take this into consideration when sending proprietary, confidential or particularly sensitive information as neither the Offering Entity nor Law on Call will be held liable for any such breach or disclosure of such information.
BY CONTINUING WITH OUR SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS ABOVE.
Force Majeure (and other Acts of the Gods)
This is the final section of the terms and it’s essentially frees both us from liability and obligation in the case of extraordinary circumstances that are out of our control like famine, disease, the apocalypse and other acts of God or Gods.
We shall not be considered to be in breach or default of these Terms, and shall not be liable for any cessation, interruption, or delay in the performance of our Services or other obligations by reason of earthquake, flood, fire, storm, lightning, drought, landslide, hurricane, cyclone, typhoon, tornado, natural disaster, act of God or of the public enemy, epidemic, famine or plague, action of a court or public authority, change in law, explosion, war, terrorism, armed conflict, labor strike, lockout, boycott or other similar event that is beyond our reasonable control, whether foreseen or unforeseen (each a “Force Majeure Event”). If a Force Majeure Event continues for more than sixty days in the aggregate, we may immediately terminate our Services and shall have no liability for, or as a result of, any such termination.