Termination of Services – Terms and Conditions
Termination of Services (Registered Agent and/or Other Services)
When any Service with us is canceled or terminated, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Anyone who has access to your account has the proper authority to cancel Services; and
- The termination is binding on the company(s); and
- Upon termination, you waive any and all rights or claims of statutory damages or tort claims; and
- You will NOT file a “change of address” request with the United States Postal Service. This is a specific address request form the USPS provides that will ultimately not work because our address is not yours, and using that form could make a mess for both of us. The address we provide to clients is our address.
Registered Agent Services Termination
- We can terminate service. We may terminate your registered agent Service at any time. Reasons for termination may include, but are not limited to: your failure to provide us with accurate, complete, and current information for your account; our inability to locate you after reasonable efforts are made; your failure to pay for your Service; any suspected illegal activity; or any other lawful reason.
- You can terminate our service. You may terminate or cancel your Service anytime by logging onto your account and canceling your Service in your client portal.
- Upon termination you acknowledge and agree that:
- You release any and all liability, duty, or obligation of any kind that we had or continue to have to notify, forward, or re-mail documents that we receive for you or your company(s) about lawsuits or any other type of mail that we may receive. Even if our office address is still listed on any part of the corporate filing, or if we are still listed as the registered agent; and
- If we are still listed as the registered agent, or our address is still being listed, we have the right to remove ourselves and our address, which could put your company(s) in default, which may result in your company(s) to lose its license, good standing, and/or approval to perform work by various agencies. We are not agreeing to perform any filings to remove ourselves from your company, but we may choose to do so; and
- As of the date of termination, we will not forward service of process, legal notices, law suits, mail or notices that we may continue to receive to you or your company(s).
- You will hold us and our affiliates harmless from any third party claim arising out of any delay or failure of you receiving Legal Documents after your registered agent Service has been terminated.
How we handle Legal Documents after we are no longer your registered agent. Once we are no longer your registered agent, if we receive further Legal Documents on your behalf, we will send an email notice to the last known email address that we have on file for you. If you want to view a Legal Document, you will need to renew your Service with us, pay any fees incurred prior to cancellation or pay a “Per Document” fee in order to view the Legal Document. Once you take one of these actions, we will make the Legal Document available to you.
You Waive and Release any Claims and Agree to Hold Us Harmless and Indemnify Us. This clause is simply outlining that after your service is canceled or terminated, we aren’t responsible for forwarding you documents of any kind. After your service is terminated, you waive and release us from any obligation to forward or re-mail documents that are received. Additionally, you specifically agree that we have no obligation to forward or re-mail any documents to you except as outlined in these Terms. You further agree to hold us and our affiliates harmless from any third party claim arising out of a delay or failure of you to receive Legal Documents after your registered agent Service has been terminated.
Termination of Services that Are Not Registered Agent Services
This is essentially the same as registered agent services, but we need to list it separately for legal reasons. So for Services other than registered agent services:
- We can terminate services. We may terminate a Service or Services at any time. Reasons for termination may include, but are not limited to: your failure to provide accurate, complete and current information for your account; the inability to locate you after reasonable efforts are made; your failure to pay for your Services; suspected illegal activity; and any other lawful reason.
- You can terminate our services. You can cancel your Services anytime by logging into your account and canceling in the client portal.
How to Terminate or Cancel a Service
To end a Service with us and no longer receive invoices, you are required to log in to your account and cancel Services in the client portal.
Cancellation can be requested at any time. There are no fees to cancel, but upon cancellation of Service, you may be required to pay any past-due balances related to such services, unless otherwise specified in this agreement.
Return to the Northwest Registered Agent LLC Terms of Service.