- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
- don't hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
How to change your registered agent in Georgia
Georgia Secretary of State change of registered agent requirements and options
What are the options and different ways you can change your Georgia registered agent?
The only way to change your Georgia registered agent is by filing an annual registration (like an annual report) with the Georgia Secretary of State, Corporations division (SOS). The annual registration can be filed online or you can print the form from the Georgia SOS website (see link below). You can update your information as many times as you want during the year by filing another registration and paying the fee.
If you file the annual registration online, you can pay by credit card. The Georgia SOS accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. You may pay with an ATM or debit card if it has a Visa or MasterCard logo.
If you submit the annual registration to the Georgia SOS by mail or in person, include a check, certified bank check, or money order. Make checks payable to “Secretary of State.” The Georgia SOS does not accept cash.
How much does it cost to change your registered agent in Georgia?
There is a $50 filing fee for the annual registration. You can have processing expedited for an additional $100.
Don’t want to pay the change of agent fee? Switch your registered agent to Northwest, and we’ll pay the change of agent fee to switch to us! Just sign up for registered agent service. You’ll see the pre-populated change of agent form in your online account. Fill it out with your company info, sign it, and email or mail it to us, and we’ll get it filed with the state. It’s that simple!
How long does it take the state to process and complete the change of registered agent in Georgia?
If you update a Georgia corporation or LLCs registration online before 4 pm, the information will be updated overnight.
If you submit the paper form, it will be processed by the SOS in seven to ten business days.
Processing can be completed in 24 hours for an additional fee.
Georgia Secretary of State contact information:
Georgia Secretary of State
2 MLK Jr. Dr. S.E.
Suite 315, Floyd West Tower
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Phone: (404) 656-2817
Fax: (404) 657-2248
What form do you file to change your registered agent in Georgia?
The only way to change the Georgia registered agent for a corporation or LLC is by filing the annual registration. You can file the form with the SOS or make the change online.
Georgia Registered Agent Resources:
Georgia SOS – Forms
Registered Agent Service
What is a registered agent?
Registered Agent Georgia Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Georgia forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Georgia.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.