Georgia Registered Agent
Corporate Compliance by Local Corporate Guides®
A Georgia registered agent is a third-party appointed by a corporation or LLC for the purpose of accepting service of process, legal documents and government notifications on behalf of clients. A Georgia registered agent is a legal requirement for all business entities in Georgia. Every registered agent in Georgia must maintain a physical office in the state and be open during regular business hours to ensure documents can be reliably delivered. When documents are accepted, they must be forwarded to the client in a timely manner.
What Do Georgia Registered Agents Do?
- Accept official documents on behalf of your business in Georgia and get them to you fast.
- Have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the state of Georgia where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail. This is called a registered office.
- Keep normal business hours.
What Are The Requirements For Georgia Registered Agents?
The State of Georgia requires the following from its registered agents:
- The Georgia registered agent for a domestic LLC may be an individual who is a resident or a domestic or foreign corporation registered in Georgia.
- The Georgia registered agent for a domestic Georgia corporation or nonprofit may be an individual, a domestic or foreign corporation or nonprofit, or other business entity residing in Georgia.
- GA registered agents must be located at a registered office (a physical address in Georgia).
Can I be my own Georgia registered agent?
Yes. The Georgia registered agent can be an individual who resides in Georgia. This includes the company’s owner or officers. Some things to keep in mind:
- The registered agent’s address goes on the filing and is public information.
- Process servers, police officers, anyone looking to serve official documents on the business will do it at the registered agent’s address. This could be really awkward and embarrassing if you use your home or office as the registered agent address.
How To Change Your Georgia Registered Agent:
Sign up for our Georgia registered agent service and let us do the change it for you.
The only way to change your registered agent is to file an annual registration with the Georgia Secretary of State. It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your Georgia registered agent page.Hire Us
Get a Registered Agent Today!Get Started
Georgia Registered Agent FAQs
Why Do I Need Northwest As My Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Registered Agent Services?
Big data.If you’ve heard of the phrase “big data,” you’re probably afraid of it and should be. But you need not fear it in connection with Northwest. We don’t store your credit card information. We don’t sell your data to others to make money.
We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything for you in real time.Through our Online Service Manager, we’ll scan everything for you in real time. Your Georgia registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for serious legal notices. We maintain our own registered offices in each state, and when you hire us for Georgia registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Roswell, GA. And we don’t just email you a copy of your notice. Our Online Service Manager utilizes the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any Georgia registered agent service to help make sure you, and whoever you want to be notified don’t just get a notice but that you’re actually reviewing the documents.
You shouldn’t make this decision lightly. When the general public or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they’ll contact. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data private, trained staff who will not give away your information, and in-house data security professionals who stress test our own systems regularly. We also prosecute those who try to hack our system.
Billing Policy. We pick up new clients switching registered agent services every day because they’re annoyed by their current registered agent’s billing policies. We don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. We’ve never sent a client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re just not annoying.” This isn’t just a saying, it’s a motto we live by.
This is all we do. When you hire us for service, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. Registered agent service isn’t a line item on a profit and loss sheet. It’s not a dividend payment to our owners. It’s not an idea we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit we can grab. This isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Georgia?
We accept and scan all of our Georgia clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Roswell, GA.
After You Accept Service Of Process, How Will You Get My Documents To Me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business we will scan the docs into your online account from our Roswell office within minutes.
Can I Have My Business’ Mail Delivered To Your Georgia Office?
- We don’t want all of your business mail. It’s not what we do. But we do try to be as helpful as possible in the rare event that we receive your regular mail.
- If you don’t have a lease at our address, the US Postal Service might not deliver your mail.
- As your registered agent in Georgia, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
- If it happens that we receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in real time, in minutes.
Can I Use The Address Of Your Georgia Registered Office For Everything On My Business Filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
Will You Let Me Know When My Georgia Annual Registration Is Due?
Definitely! Georgia corporations and LLCs or corporation need to complete the GA annual report. As part of our registered agent service, we’ll not only send you a reminder, but we’ll make sure you have access to all the forms and filing instructions you need to stay compliant.
How Do Georgia Registered Agents Get Served?
Service on your registered agent is legal proof that your company was notified. Regardless of whether you actually receive the documents your Georgia registered agent signs for, once they accept the documents, you’ve been legally notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. This is how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: If you hired Northwest, you’ll receive your documents long before the process server hands in their affidavit to the court, because we scan them to your online account within minutes of service.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Georgia?
You should hire us first and then form your LLC or corporation because the Georgia Secretary of State will reject your business registration filing if you don’t list your GA registered agent. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
What Types Of Businesses Need A Georgia Registered Agent?
We provide you all the Georgia state forms you could file, pre-populated with our registered agent office information on them, Georgia state agency contact information, tips, and links for the quickest, cheapest and most efficient ways to make Georgia filings. This is all in your online account instantly after signing up for registered agent service.
Your Georgia annual reports will be mailed to your registered agent in Georgia. This is why it’s important to hire a competent Georgia agent that you can trust. All annual reports, including Georgia non-profits, cost $50 to file, and are due April 1st. You can download them online, and also file online.
How do I search for a Georgia registered agent?
If you want to legally notify a business through their Georgia registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
You find a business by doing a Georgia business name search via the Georgia Secretary of State.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
How Do I Get Registered Agent Service In Georgia?
You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
We’ll become your Georgia registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the Georgia secretary of state.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Georgia registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Georgia registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Georgia corporate compliance.
Info your Georgia registered agent should help you know and understand:
- Domestic Georgia corporations cost $100 to file. The state requires a registered agent for a Georgia corporation. If you file online it will take the Georgia SOS 5-12 business to process.
- Domestic Georgia LLCs also cost $100. A registered agent is required on the Georgia Articles of Organization. When filing online, it gets done in 5-12 business days, and you can appoint us as the agent in their Web system.
- Foreign corporations cost $225 to file. Georgia requires a registered agent located in the state to be listed in the certificate of authority.
- Foreign LLCs also cost $225 and require a registered agent. You must make the filing to the secretary of state. Any foreign qualification must be accompanied by a certificate of good standing from your home state that isn’t dated older than 90 days. It can be a copy.