Connecticut Registered Agent
REAL TIME SERVICE
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- Connecticut business forms to file
- Connecticut filing tips
- CT company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
Registered Agent in Connecticut
What is a Connecticut Registered Agent?
A Connecticut registered agent is an individual resident of Connecticut or business registered in the state that acts as an official point of contact for its clients. A Connecticut registered agent accepts service of process, legal correspondence and official state notices only. Every registered agent in Connecticut is required to have a registered office (a physical street location) and keep normal business hours. Whenever documents are accepted at the registered office, they must be delivered to the proper client in a timely manner.
What do Connecticut registered agents do?
Connecticut registered agents:
- Accept documents on behalf of your business in Connecticut and get them to you.
- Need to have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the state of Connecticut where they can accept legal documents (service of process) and official mail. This location is called a registered office.
- Keep normal business hours.
Why do I need a Connecticut registered agent?
- The state requires all Connecticut registered businesses to appoint a Connecticut registered agent.
- The Secretary of State – Commercial Recording Division will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- Basically, the registered agent requirement exists so the state and general public have a reliable way to contact your business.
Connecticut Registered Agent Requirements:
According to Title 33 Chapter 601 Section 33-660 of the Connecticut Code, the state of Connecticut requires the following from its registered agents:
- The CT registered agent must be a Connecticut resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- CT registered agents must maintain a physical street address in Connecticut.
- If an individual is appointed, he or she must be at least 18 years of age
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
- It’s not personal, but you’ll likely struggle with your business filing. Why? Because Connecticut business registration filings are confusing. But we do them every day, and when you hire us, as part of our registered agent service, we’ll instantly provide you with filing instructions, tips, order sheets, and the forms you need to file.
- Call us! We’re here to help walk you through the process of starting your new business. When you have a question, just call. The people who answer the phones don’t read from scripts or try to sell you anything—we’re just here to help.
- This is only the beginning. When you form an LLC or corporation, you’ll have ongoing reports like the Connecticut annual report, which is due to the state by the end of your business’ anniversary month each year. We also offer complete corporate services in Connecticut. You can always see upcoming report dates for every state in which we’re your registered agent. Your reminders are always based off your real corporate data, the same data the state sees. And if legislative laws change and affect your business, you’ll know about it. We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in our industry. We do the work for you programmatically on the backend and provide you with not only a reminder but the forms you need to file (LLC forms, corporation forms, annual report forms, etc.) already prepopulated with your information on them—all for no additional charge.
- Free tools.We don’t simply send you a bill for providing registered agent service—we offer all the corporate legal forms you need to maintain your Connecticut LLC, Connecticut nonprofit, charity, corporation, LLP, or any other type of Connecticut business. Through our Online Service Manager, you need only enter your information once and use that data to populate all kinds of corporate forms, like annual meetings, amendments, and new registrations in additional states.
What makes Northwest different from other registered agent services?
- Big data.If you’ve heard of the phrase “big data,” you’re probably afraid of it and should be. But you need not fear it in connection with Northwest. We don’t store your credit card information. We don’t sell your data to others to make money.
- We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything for you in real time.Through our Online Service Manager, we’ll scan everything for you in real time. Your Connecticut registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for serious legal notices. We maintain our own registered offices in each state, and when you hire us for Connecticut registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Glastonbury, CT. And we don’t just email you a copy of your notice. Our Online Service Manager utilizes the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any Connecticut registered agent service to help make sure you, and whoever you want to be notified don’t just get a notice but that you’re actually reviewing the documents.
- This shouldn’t be a whimsical decision. When the general public or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they’ll contact. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data private, trained staff who will not give away your information, and in-house data security professionals who stress test our own systems regularly. We also prosecute those who try to hack our system.
- We pick up new clients switching registered agent services every day because they’re annoyed by their current registered agent’s billing policies. We don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. We’ve never sent a client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re just not annoying.” This isn’t just a saying, it’s a motto we live by.
- This is all we do.When you hire us for service, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. Registered agent service isn’t a line item on a profit and loss sheet. It’s not a dividend payment to our owners. It’s not an idea we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit we can grab. This isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.
CONNECTICUT REGISTERED AGENT FAQ
How do I search for a Connecticut registered agent?
You can do a Connecticut business name search.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify a business through their Connecticut registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How to change your Connecticut registered agent:
- Sign up for our Connecticut registered agent service.
- File a Change of Agent form with the Connecticut Secretary of State.
- It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your Connecticut registered agent page.
Where is Northwest’s registered office in Connecticut?
We accept and scan all of our Connecticut clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Glastonbury, CT.
After you accept service of process, how will you get my documents to me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business we will scan the docs into your online account from our office in Glastonbury within minutes. We created a registered agent infographic to illustrate our document delivery system.
Can I have my business’ mail delivered to your Connecticut office?
- We don’t want all of your business mail. It’s not what we do. But we do try to be as helpful as possible in the rare event that we receive your regular mail.
- If you don’t have a lease at our address, the US Postal Service might not deliver your mail.
- As your registered agent in Connecticut, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
- If it happens that we receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in real time, in minutes.
Can I use the address of your Connecticut registered office for everything on my business filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
Will you let me know when my Connecticut annual report is due?
Absolutely! If you own an LLC or corporation in Connecticut, you’ll need to complete your CT annual report. As part of our registered agent service, we’ll not only send you a reminder, but we’ll make sure you have access to all the forms and instructions you need to stay compliant.
How do Connecticut registered agents get served?
Service on your registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you actually receive the documents your Connecticut registered agent signs for, once they accept the documents, you’ve been notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. This is how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: If you’ve hired Northwest, you’ve received your documents long before the process server hands in their affidavit to the court, because we scanned them to your online account within minutes of having been served.
How do I get registered agent service in Connecticut?
- You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
- We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
- We’ll become your Connecticut registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the Connecticut secretary of state.
- About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Connecticut registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
- We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
- We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Connecticut registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Connecticut corporate compliance.
Do I hire a registered agent before or after I start my business in Connecticut?
You should hire us first and then form your Connecticut LLC or corporation because the Connecticut Secretary of State will reject your business registration filing if you don’t list your CT registered agent. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How does the signup work?
- Place an order for Connecticut registered agent service.
- Access the forms you want to file.
- Read our instructions and filing tips.
- File your LLC or corporation filings with the Connecticut Secretary of State.
- If you don’t want to make the filing yourself, place an order in your online account to have us do it for you.
- The Connecticut Secretary of State will process your filing.
- We’ll be your Connecticut registered agent.
Info your CT registered agent should help you know and understand:
- If you are filing a domestic Connecticut corporation, it will cost you $150 for the first report, and $250 for the certificate of incorporation to file a for profit corporation with the Connecticut Secretary of State Commercial Recording Division. The Annual report for a domestic corporation is $150 and is due on the anniversary of your initial filing, plus you will also owe a revenue fee of $200. You must designate a registered agent in Connecticut to fulfill your filing requirements for Connecticut.
- A domestic Connecticut LLC will cost $120 to file. You will need to appoint a statutory CT registered agent and have them sign your filing. The signature does not have to be an original inked signature. The annual reports for a domestic Connecticut LLC are $20.
- A foreign CT corporation will cost $385 to file and you will have an annual report due on the anniversary with a filing fee of $435. You will need to appoint a Connecticut registered agent for your statutory requirements.
- A foreign LLC will cost $120 to file. Like the domestic LLC, this will have a annual report due at its anniversary and have a $20 filing fee. A Connecticut foreign LLC is required to maintain a resident agent for service of process.
All filings made with the Connecticut Secretary of State can be faxed in and paid for with a credit card. The signatures do not have to be originals. They also can be mailed in with checks. All filings take about 3-5 business days to get completed. The state has an expedited service for $50 which gets your corporate filing done in 24 hours.
Registered Agent CT Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Connecticut forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Connecticut.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.