Florida Registered Agent
You get an instant online account. We:
- Locally scan all docs in real time
- Give you the forms to file
- Tips to get your filing done fast
- FL company management system
- Access to our Corporate Guides™
CHEAPER SITES EXIST
Kind of, but we:
- Include FL annual report reminders
- Don’t raise the price once we get you
- Will actually be your registered agent
- Make FL company maintenance easy
Registered Agent Service in Florida
What is a Florida Registered Agent?
A Florida registered agent can be either a business entity or an individual that agrees to accept service of process and official mail for corporations, LLCs and other entities registered in Florida. In accordance with state law, a Florida registered agent must have a physical street location in the state, called a registered office, where certified mail can be reliably delivered during regular business hours. When documents are accepted, it is the duty of a Florida registered agent to contact the client and forward the document to them in a timely manner. This ensures that state courts, as well as the FL Division of Corporations, can dependably contact a business entity.
Why do I need a Florida registered agent?
- To become a legitimate, registered Florida business, the state forces you to appoint one. Sorry.
- The Florida Division of Corporations will reject your filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent in Florida.
- Basically, so the general public will have a reliable way to send important mail or legal notices to every registered Florida business.
Note: According to Florida’s registered agent statutes, if a business has not maintained a registered agent in Florida, it cannot prosecute, maintain, or defend any action in a court of law until it pays a fine of $500 or $5 per each day it didn’t have a registered agent. In short, it’s best to keep your registered agent in Florida.
What do Florida registered agents do?
- Florida registered agents need to have physical addresses in Florida.
- Be open during business hours.
- Accept documents on your behalf and get them to you.
Commercial registered agents in Florida should provide tools that help you maintain your company.
What are the requirements for Florida registered agents?
- FL registered agents have to be a resident or companies that provide registered agent services.
- Have a registered office address that is a physical address located within the State of Florida.
- Accept legal documents.
How do I search for a registered agent in Florida?
If you want to formally notify a business through their Florida registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address. Here is how you can look up that information:
- Use our tool to do a Florida business name search via the FL Department of State.
- Type in the name of the company whose registered agent you are trying to look up.
- Look for the FL registered agent name and registered office street address.
How do I change my registered agent service to Northwest?
- You file a Statement of Change of Registered Office or Agent or Both form ($25 for LLCs; $35 for corporations) with the Department of State and we get listed as your Florida registered agent.
- When you place an order with us, the change form is available immediately.
- It’s super easy, but for more specific info you can read our change Florida registered agent page.
What kind of Florida registered office will you provide me?
We provide a commercial registered office location in Tampa, FL. Our office is right on the water, just past the lobby on the first floor.
How will I get my documents from you?
We locally scan everything to you in real time from our office Tampa. For more info on our document delivery system, we’ve created a registered agent infographic.
Can I use your Florida registered office address to get my mail?
- Most of our clients list our registered office address on their articles of incorporation.
- We don’t want all your mail, that’s not what we do, but we want to try to help if at all possible.
- The US Postal office might not deliver your mail reliably to us if you don’t have a lease at our address.
- As the registered agent, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc. care of you.
- If we do get mail for you though, we’ll scan it to you in real time.
Can I use your Florida registered office address for everything on my filing?
Absolutely! We’re the only national registered agent that allows our clients to list our addresses for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private addresses off of public records.
How are Florida registered agents served?
- A process server, the sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us legal papers (service of process).
- The process server then gives an affidavit to the court that they “served” us.
Serving a registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you look at the docs or even receive them from your registered agent service. You were notified. We take this responsibility very seriously.
Do I hire a Florida registered agent service before or after I make the filing?
You should hire us first and then do your business registration filing, because you can’t form an LLC or corporation without a Florida registered agent service. Also, we provide all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How does Northwest’s registered agent service work in Florida?
- You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
- We’ll become your Florida registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the FL Division of Corporations.
- We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
- About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Florida registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
- We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
- We attempt to make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Florida registered agent service or paying a bill, but for actually keeping up with Florida corporate paperwork formalities.
How do I get started?
- Place an order for Florida registered agent service.
- Access the forms you want to file.
- Read our instructions and filing tips.
- File your LLC or corporation filings with the Florida Division of Corporations.
- If after looking at our resources, you don’t want to make the filing yourself, you can place an order in your online account to have us do it for you.
- The Division of Corporations will process your filing.
- We’ll be your Florida registered agent service.
People who need registered agents in Florida:
Anyone forming a corporation in Florida or starting a Florida LLC
Registered Agent FL Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Florida forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Florida.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying®.