Pennsylvania Registered Agent
REAL TIME SERVICE
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- Pennsylvania business forms to file
- Pennsylvania filing tips
- PA company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
Pennsylvania CROP Provider
What is a Pennsylvania registered agent?
A Pennsylvania resident or company that maintains a physical address in the state and is willing to accept legal documents on behalf of a business.
Why do I need a Pennsylvania registered agent?
- All businesses registered with the state must designate a registered office in their formation documents.
- The Pennsylvania Department of State will reject your filing if you do not appoint one.
- The state and the general public must have a reliable way to contact your Pennsylvania business with legal notices and other types of official mail.
Note: Pennsylvania’s statute requires businesses to designate a registered office instead of a registered agent, so you have to designate a place for service of process to be delivered and not a person or entity who will sign for it. To further confuse the point, PA registered agents are referred to as Commercial Registered Office Providers (CROPs). This requirement makes for odd wording, but is essentially the same as other states’ registered agent requirements. A commercial registered office provider in Pennsylvania is the same thing as a registered agent elsewhere. They’re just different terms.
What do Pennsylvania registered agents do?
Your Pennsylvania registered agent should provide tools to help you maintain your business.
- Pennsylvania registered agents must have a physical address in Pennsylvania.
- PA CROP office must be open during normal business hours.
- The PA registered agent must accept important legal documents on your business’ behalf—and get them to you.
What are the requirements for Pennsylvania registered agents?
According to the Pennsylvania Registered Agent for Service of Process state code §5.36, a registered agent must:
- Be able to accept legal documents.
- Have a physical, registered office address located within the state. No P.O. Boxes.
- A PA registered agent must be a Pennsylvania resident or a business that provides registered agent services.
Note: If a company’s registered agent cannot be served after a reasonable attempt, the company’s secretary will be served at the company’s principal address. If your secretary cannot be reached, you’ll never know you were served. This could cause major problems for your business including the possibility of a judgment entered against you.
Who needs a registered agent in Pennsylvania?
Anyone forming a Pennsylvania limited liability company or a corporation in Pennsylvania.
How do I find a Pennsylvania registered agent?
- Perform a Pennsylvania business name search.
- Use the name of the company you’re trying to look up.
- Look at the PA registered agent’s name and registered address.
- If you want to legally notify a business through their registered agent, simply send a letter as certified mail to the registered agent at their registered office address.
How do I change my registered agent to Northwest?
It costs $70 to change your Pennsylvania registered agent by filing a change of agent form. This is pretty expensive, and some companies know this, so you should choose your company carefully and choose a Pennsylvania registered agent that doesn’t have hidden fees or hidden mail forwarding fees, because it can be costly to have to change agents. Some Pennsylvania registered agents know this and know as long as they keep miscellaneous fees throughout the year less than $70 they can get away with it. We’ve seen companies even offering lower prices around $75 a year and then charging you forwarding fees every time they receive something for you. Northwest Registered Agent doesn’t believe in nickel and diming a customer. We believe in charging a fair price year after year, and hopefully you’ll refer us to your friends.
What’s your Pennsylvania registered office like?
We scan all documents locally from our office in downtown King of Prussia, PA.
How will you get my legal notices to me?
We scan everything in real time. This registered agent infographic shows how it works.
How is Northwest different from other registered agent services?
- We don’t store your credit card information. You’ve probably heard the term “big data,” and you should be afraid of it. We will not sell your data to other companies or individuals to make extra money.
- We are the only national registered agent service that locally scans everything to you in real time. We keep commercial offices in each state, and when you hire us for Pennsylvania registered agent service, we scan everything from our office in King of Prussia, PA. Your Pennsylvania registered agent is your business’ only point of contact for serious legal notices. We don’t just email or mail you a copy of your notice—we make sure you and/or whoever you want to be notified actually log in and look at your documents. It only takes one mistake to cause a serious problem, that’s why we’re serious about being your registered agent.
- Collections. We take in new clients everyday who are sick of their current registered agent’s billing policy. We never send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re Just Not Annoying,” and we take it to heart.
- This isn’t just our job, it’s our passion. Obviously, we think highly of ourselves, but this is what we do. When you sign up, we don’t think of you as just another line item on a profit and loss sheet, a dividend payment to our owners; your business is not just an idea that we hope will work out. And we’re definitely not a massive corporate machine with an army of salespeople looking to squeeze every last penny out of you. Registered agent service is our lives, and we’re good at it.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
We know what you’re thinking… This Pennsylvania CROP requirement feels like one more pointless bureaucratic hoop to jump through. We agree with you! So we have used the registered agent requirement as a chance to give you a service that can really help you start and manage your business.
- Odds are you’ll struggle with your business filing on your own. Pennsylvania corporation and LLC filings can get complicated. But we do this type of thing every day. And we have spent years compiling all the instructions, tips, order sheets, and forms you may need in your online account.
- Just call us! When you call our office, you won’t talk to a salesman, because we don’t have any. The nice people who answer the phones actually know what they are talking about. So there is no script and no upsell. We just want to help you complete your PA filing.
- This is only the beginning. It can be hard to keep track of your Pennsylvania reporting requirements. Although it sounds easy to file your PA decennial report every ten years, it is a little more complicated than that. The PA decennial report is due in years that end in “1.” Plus the report is only required if your company has not filed any other amendments, etc. during that time. And just think how easy it would be to forget about something you only need to file every ten years! But once again, we have you covered. We send our report filing reminders that are based on your actual due date! We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in our industry. We do the work for you programmatically on the backend and provide you not only with a reminder, but the forms to file populated with your info on them.
- Free tools. We provide everything you need to maintain your Pennsylvania corporation, LLC, or nonprofit. Our free corporate tools allow you to enter your company info one time to pre-populate a variety of forms. We don’t just send you a bill for registered agent service each year, we strive keep improving your experience.
Info your PA registered agent should help you know and understand:
- A domestic corporation in Pennsylvania will cost $125 to incorporate.
- A domestic LLC will also cost $125 to organize in Pennsylvania.
- Foreign corporations cost $250 to file, and you will need to appoint a commercial registered office provider. You do not need to include a certificate of good standing with your filing.
- Foreign LLCs cost $250 to file.
Most corporate filings in Pennsylvania can be accomplished through their new online system. Or you can just mail or drop off your documents with the PA Department of State.
Your Pennsylvania registered agent does not need to sign your filing, but you do need to list our name and county. Our office address in King of Prussia will fulfill this requirement. And by using us you’ll save on Pennsylvania corporation publication costs!
You can elect us as your commercial registered office provider by using our CROP number.
Your filing should include the docketing statement for instructions on what to do after the filing is complete. All PA docketing statements and forms are pre-populated with our PA-CROP info on them for your ease of use.
Registered Agent PA Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Pennsylvania forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Pennsylvania.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple periodic report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.