- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
- don't hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
South Carolina registered agent, South Carolina resident agent
Info your SC registered agent should help you know and understand:
- Domestic corporations need a South Carolina licensed attorney’s signature on the filing. We can have our South Carolina attorney sign your filing for $150. This does not constitute any legal advice or a relationship with our attorney, but this is way cheaper than you will find anywhere else. It will take about 1-3 days to get the signed filing back to you. Domestic corporations cost $135 to file with the South Carolina Secretary of State.
- Domestic South Carolina LLCs do not need an attorney signature and cost $110, but they do need a registered agent’s name and address in South Carolina.
- Foreign corporations cost $135 total to file.
- Foreign LLCs cost $110.
To incorporate in South Carolina, there are a few things you should understand. There is a spot on the filings where your registered agent can sign, accepting the consent to serve as your SC registered agent. You can leave this blank. If you do sign it, it needs to be an original inked signature. The forms to file are pre-populated correctly in your online account instantly. All business entities are required to keep and maintain a SC registered agent. The filings need an original inked signature. Most filings should be mailed into the state.
There are filing instructions for the South Carolina Secretary of State, and you’ll have what you need literally in less than 10 minutes. There are no annual reports due for the South Carolina Secretary of State, just for the Dept. of Revenue. South Carolina corporations must submit an initial revenue annual report at the time of initial filing. That is why corporations cost $135 instead of $110 for LLCs. Your revenue report will be due the 15th day of the 3rd month after your fiscal year end, or March 15th for most normal businesses. You will also have to pay 5% of your net income with the $25 filing fee. South Carolina LLCs do not file revenue annual reports.
It costs $10 to change your registered agent in South Carolina and can be done at any time. If you would like to switch to Northwest registered agent, we will prepare the filing and file for you. The SC resident agent change form is in your online account instantly.
Foreign entities need a certificate of status or existence from their home state of incorporation dated within 30 days.
As your registered agent in South Carolina, we instantly upload all items received locally into your online account for no additional fee. We track and remind you of your annual reports. You have an extensive online tool section for running a business in South Carolina, and we’re always here if you have a South Carolina question.
How to Change Your SC Registered Agent
Registered Agent Service
What is a Registered Agent?
Registered Agent South Carolina Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant South Carolina forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in South Carolina.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.