Utah Registered Agent
REAL TIME SERVICE
Instantly talk to our Corporate Guides™ or use your online account where you’ll find:
- Docs we get for you
- Utah business forms to file
- Utah filing tips
- UT company management system
With Northwest Registered Agent, what you see is what you get. We offer:
- Same price every year
- No extra fees
- No up-sells
- WE will be your registered agent
Registered Agent Service in Utah
What is a Utah registered agent?
A Utah registered agent is designated by a Utah corporation, Utah LLC, or other business registered in Utah to be the contact for service of process and offical mail in Utah. This means the registered agent must have a physical address in Utah.
Why do I need a Utah registered agent?
The registered agent requirement is a legal requirement for entities doing business in Utah. The goal is for every corporation, LLC, etc. in Utah to have an address where the business entity can be legally served with a lawsuit. It also provides the state with a reliable address for official notices. If you do not list a Utah registered agent, the Secretary of State will reject your filing.
How do I change my Utah registered agent?
It costs $15 to change your Utah registered agent by filing a change of agent form. If you would like to change your UT registered agent to us, we’ll prepare the filing for you, and file on your behalf.
If you choose Northwest Registered Agent as your agent, you won’t be just another number for us. We specialize in the Northwest, and every new client we get, is valuable to us.
What are the ongoing fees for a Utah corporation or Utah LLC?
Utah businesses, including Utah LLCs, Utah corporations, nonprofits, LPs, and LLPs must file a report with the state each year. All annual renewals will get mailed to your UT registered agent. As your UT registered agent, we scan your reports into your online account and send you reminders. They are due on the anniversary of your filing, and we will receive them for you about 45 days prior to the renewal date. They cost $15 to file. You can also log into your registered agent account at any time and track your Utah annual renewal dates.
How do you deliver my documents?
When you sign up for our registered agent service, we scan your documents locally at our office in South Jordan, so you can view them immediately. For a more detailed picture of how all this works, check out our Registered Agent Infographic.
How do I find a company’s Utah registered agent?
- You can do a Utah business name search on the state’s website
- Type in the company name you are trying to look up.
- Look at the UT registered agent name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify someone through their registered agent, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
Info your UT registered agent should help you know and understand:
- Domestic Utah corporations cost $70 and you must appoint a UT Agent.
- Domestic LLCs cost $70. Utah LLCs are required to have a UT registered agent.
- Foreign corporations have a filing fee of $70. Foreign corporations need to keep a registered agent in Utah at all times.
- Foreign LLCs have the same filing fees, and all LLCs must keep an active UT registered agent.
Registered agent service by Northwest Registered Agent for $125 a year. We specialize in the Northwest, and help many people from Utah do business in other Northwest states, and many people from surrounding states such as Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon get set up to work in Utah correctly. We want to do whatever we can to make the process as painless as possible for you.
We are a Utah commercial registered agent.
If you’re going to file in Utah, you can do everything at once online. You will need to list your UT registered agent name, address, and federal tax id number. Filing online is a painful process. If you file by paper, you can just fax the filing to the Utah Division of Corporations. We do not need to sign your filing to show acceptance of the appointment as registered agent. You can then file the registration with the Department of Revenue and taxation later. The online process forces you to register with the UT Dept. of Revenue at the same time, which many people may not be ready to do.
Your Utah registered agent does not sign the filings anymore. No signatures need to be original. Normal filings take about 2 weeks to get processed by the state. The state has a 24-48 hour expedite service for $75. If you file everything online it automatically expedites everything for you for free as well, but the online process will frustrate you and you probably won’t have all the information you need to do it all in one sitting.
All filings cost $70. Foreign entities need a certificate of good standing from your home state dated within 60 days. This does not have to be an original.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
Starting a business in Utah can be overwhelming. And yes, the registered agent requirement only makes it that much more difficult and expensive. Here is how we’ve used this legal requirement as way to help you keep your business compliant:
- Its normal to struggle with your business filing. You probably don’t do this every day, so we provide Utah filing instructions, tips, order sheets, and the forms you should file in your online account.
- Just call us! We can walk you through any part of the Utah filing process. We don’t have sales reps, we just have experts who are there to guide you along.
- This is only the beginning. We send reminders every year to file your Utah annual report. Our reminders are based on your initial filing date with the Utah Division of Corporations. We include the most sophisticated reminder system in the industry with our registered agent service because we now ho important it is to keep your business in good standing.
- Free tools. Not only do we scan documents in real time, provide compliance reminders, and keep your information private, we also provide all the corporate legal forms you need. All you have to do is enter your information one time to prepopulate a variety of corporate or LLC forms.
What makes Northwest different from other registered agent websites?
- Big Data. It is as unpleasant as it sounds. But we are not in the business of selling your private details. And we never keep your credit card info.
- This is serious! We scan your documents locally at our office in South Jordan, Utah. Then we upload them to your online account, immediately, so your can securely view your service of process or mail. If you don’t look at it, we keep contacting you by phone and email. Our system is designed to make sure you actually see your important documents. We take our responsibility as your Utah registered agent seriously.
- Privacy. Signing up for Utah registered agent service is a big decision. We know you have a lot of options for service. We work hard to keep your information private. When a private citizen or government official contacts us and wants to know details about your company ownership, our staff is trained to keep your information safe. We also have in house data security who are constantly testing our own systems for weaknesses.
- Collections. We don’t play games with your bill. We always have one flat fee. No forwarding fees. No service charges. And we never send clients to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re Just Not Annoying.” and we live by it.
- Registered agent service is everything. At least to us, anyway. We aren’t a huge corporate conglomerate, so your business is more than a line item on a profit and loss sheet to us. While our competitors are focused on making as much money as possible doing UCC filings, lien searches and other corporate filings, we have perfected registered agent service. We are proud of that.
Registered Agent UT Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Utah forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Utah.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We’ll send multiple annual renewal reminders, and you can always track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.