Virginia Registered Agent, Virginia Resident Agent
- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
Cheaper Sites Exist
True, but we
- don’t hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
Northwest Registered Agent, LLC
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Virginia Registered Agent Service
Why you need a Virginia registered agent:
- All businesses registered with the Virginia State Corporation Commission must appoint a registered agent.
- The Virginia Corporation Commission will reject your filing if you do not appoint one.
- So that the state government and general public have a reliable way to contact your Virginia business with legal notices and other types of important mail.Virginia registered agent requirement may seem like it’s just one more bureaucratic hoop you have to jump through when you start a business, but we’ve done our best to make this technical requirement a service vital. This is what we do:
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
- We’ll help you with your business filing. Don’t take it personally, but you’ll likely have a hard time filling out your filing because corporate filings are confusing. But we do them every day. Once you hire us, you’ll be give instant access to our filing instructions, tips, order sheets and all the forms you need to file.
- Call us! We’re here to help! We’re more than happy to walk you through whatever aspect of your business filing is giving you trouble. The people who answer the phones do filings for a living. No one will be reading from a script because we specialize in service, not maximizing our profits.
- We have the most sophisticated business compliance reminder system in the industry. When you start your business in Virginia, it’s only the beginning. You’ll have ongoing reports due to the Virginia Corporation Commission. Annual reports will be mailed to your registered agent. Corporations must file the annual report and pay the annual registration fee, a minimum of $25, by the last day of their filing anniversary month. LLCs do not have annual reports due, but they must pay the annual registration fee of $50 by the last day of their filing anniversary month. You’ll always see upcoming report and maintenance dates in your online account for every state in which your hired us for registered agent service. We’ll remind you based on your business’ corporate data, and if Virginia’ reporting requirements or legislative laws change, we’ll keep you up to date. Then when it’s time to file your reports, we provide you with the links and forms you need to file—without tacking on any fees. No upsells ever. Plus, all forms will be pre-populated with your info on them, making business maintenance simpler.
- We offer free tools. You don’t just get an invoice from us every year; we provide free online software that will help you maintain your business. We’ll give you all the forms you need to maintain your corporation, limited liability company (LLC), LLP, charity, nonprofit, or any other type of Virginia business. All you need to do is enter you company’s data once. Then that data will be saved and populate all kinds of different forms like annual meeting, new registrations in other states, and any amendments you need to make to your corporation or LLC.
How is Northwest different from other registered agent services?
- We don’t store your credit card information. You’ve probably heard the term “big data,” and you should be afraid of it. We will not sell your data to other companies or individuals to make extra money.
- It only takes one mistake to cause a serious problem, that’s why we’re serious about being your registered agent. We are the only national registered agent service that locally scans everything into your online account in real time. We keep commercial offices in each state, and when you hire us for Virginia registered agent service, we scan everything from our office in Virginia Beach, VA. Your Virginia registered agent is your business’ only point of contact for serious legal notices. We don’t just simply email you copies of your notices—we make sure you and/or whoever you want to be notified actually log in and view your documents. If you’d like, we can also arrange to call and mail you notices until you look at your documents.
- Collections. We take in new clients everyday who are sick of their current registered agent’s billing policy. We never send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re Just Not Annoying” and we take it to heart.
- This isn’t just our job, it’s our passion. Obviously, we think highly of ourselves, but this is what we do. When you sign up, we don’t think of you as just another line item on a profit and loss sheet, a dividend payment to our owners; your business is not just an idea that we hope will work out. And we’re definitely not a massive corporate machine with an army of salespeople looking to squeeze every last penny out of you. Registered agent service is our lives, and we’re great at it.
What is a Virginia registered agent?
- A Virginia resident individual or company that maintains a physical address in the state of Virginia and is willing to accept legal documents on behalf of a business.
Note: Corporations and LLCs cannot serve as their own registered agents in Virginia
What do Virginia registered agents do?
Your Virginia registered agent should provide tools to help you maintain your business.
- Virginia registered agents must have a physical address in Virginia.
- Be open during normal business hours.
- Accept important legal documents on your business’ behalf—and get them to you.
What are the requirements for Virginia registered agents?
According to Virginia state code § 13.1-634, a registered agent must:
- Be able to accept legal documents.
- Have a physical, registered office address located within the state of Virginia. No P.O. Boxes.
- A VA registered agent must be a resident or domestic company.
- Business entities cannot be their own registered agents in Virginia.
How do I find a Virginia registered agent?
- Perform a Virginia business name search.
- Use the name of the company you’re trying to look up.
- Look at the VA registered agent’s name and registered address.
- If you want to legally notify a business through their registered agent, simply send a letter as certified mail to the registered agent at their registered office address.
Who needs a registered agent in Virginia?
How do I change my registered agent to Northwest?
- File a Statement of Change of Registered Office and/or Registered Agent of a Corporation form for the Virginia.
- Changing agents in Virginia is free and you can file it online!
- The change form is available instantly if you place an order with us.
- It’s a simple process, but if you’d like more specifics, visit our change Virginia registered agent page.
Where is your Virginia registered office?
We scan all documents locally from our office in Virginia Beach, VA.
How will you get my legal notices to me?
We scan everything in real time. This registered agent infographic shows how it works.
Can I send my mail to your Virginia registered office?
- No, that’s not a service that we offer, but we’ll try to help you if at all possible. Call us!
- The postal service might not deliver your mail to us if you don’t have a lease at our office.
- If we happen to get mail for you, however, we’ll scan it to you in real time
Should I use your registered office address in Virginia on my filing?
Yes. We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep you private address off public records.
How do Virginia registered agents get served?
Serving a registered agent is legal proof that you were notified of an event. It doesn’t matter if the company sees the documents or even gets them from their registered agent. You were notified if your registered agent signs for the documents; this is a responsibility we take seriously.
- A sheriff, process server, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us legal papers (service of process).
- The process server then gives an affidavit to the court stating that they “served” us.
Should I hire a registered agent in Virginia before or after I do my filing?
You hire us first and then do your business registration filing with the Corporation Commission. The state won’t allow you to form an LLC or corporation without a Virginia registered agent. Plus, you’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you sign up.
How does Northwest’s Virginia registered agent service work?
- You sign up for service online (you’ll find the signup at the top of this page).
- After you make your business registration filing with the Virginia Corporation Commission we’ll become your registered agent.
- We collect the first year’s fee up front.
- About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Virginia registered agent service. If you want to cancel then, you can easily do so.
- We make it easy to add registered agent services online.
- Your online account is the place to go—not just for registered agent service or to pay a bill—for keeping up with corporate paperwork formalities for your Virginia business.
Registered Agent Virginia Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Virginia forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Virginia.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.