Washington Registered Agent Service
- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
- don't hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
Info your WA registered agent should help you know and understand:
- Many people mess up their filings in Washington State. They will google how to run a business in Washington State, and the Washington Department of Revenue will pop up first, before the Washington Secretary of State. So they register with them first, which gets them a "Master Business Application", a UBI number, but no license, and then when they try to do something else with their business, they will find out they haven't even started yet. During the WA Secretary of State registration they find out they need a registered agent in Washington.
- The correct way to get set up to operate in Washington State is to first file with the WA Secretary of State.
- THEN take the Washington State UBI number you get, and file for a master business license with the Department of Revenue. On this application you can tell the state what you're doing, and it will automatically register your business with the department of taxation, and other agencies, so you can pay your taxes, and they can monitor you.
- THEN, you can get your further licenses in whatever specific field of work you do, like contracting, etc. You can specify this in the Master Business license process, which will get you started in the right direction to obtain whatever your specific license might be.
State filings all cost $180 to file. If you file with their online system, it will cost $200, and be automatically expedited. Normal filings have a processing time of about 1 month. If you mail your filing into the state, it does not need to have original inked signatures. We highly recommend making the WA Corporations Division filing online because it gets done in about 2-5 days.
Everything in WA goes to your Washington State registered agent. It's very important to hire a WA registered agent you can trust.
As your registered agent, we receive ALL your correspondence from Washington State agencies. We pick up new registered agent clients in Washington weekly from other local registered agents not getting their clients the proper state mail in a timely fashion, and thus causing their company to fall out of good standing. When I say we get a lot of stuff for you, I mean it. We do this nationwide and Washington gets the more items than any other state at the Washington registered agent address. It is important to hire a Washington State registered agent that can handle this workload. Our clients love being able to manage all their state documents in their registered agent online account we provide. We upload all items we receive in your registered agent online account in real time. As far as we know we are the only national agent that does this for our clients.
It does not cost to file a change of agent to change your registered agent in Washington. So if you're currently getting bad WA agent service, you'll find the pre-signed forms in your online account and you can just sign them and mail them in. You can also change your Washington registered agent online or on the back page of your annual report. Because the state literally sends all correspondence to you through your WA agent, they make it easy to change.
If you are an out-of-state attorney and need help with your agent needs for your Washington State clients, we can help you monitor these accounts, and work through you to help your clients. We can also act as your agent for the bar.
Understanding the Washington business absurdity a little more:
The problem that some people get into is they get the master business license registration first. They get a UBI number. Then they file with the WA Secretary of State, and actually get another separate UBI number. Then they have to re-file, and then some people have gotten hit for operating in the state without being properly licensed because they show you were registered with the Department of Revenue way before you finally get the Washington Secretary of State mess figured out. Then they will deny your re-file, and send you a bill for operating in the state without the proper registration. Also, If you let your company lapse without properly shutting it down, they will try to collect all the back taxes from the years you let it go.
The Washington State Dept of Revenue taxes you on a gross income basis. There is no personal income tax in Washington State, so they need to make their income somewhere. S-corps would then be tax free if they didn't tax your gross revenue. You can pay this on a quarterly basis and get an online account set up so you only have to enter in your gross receipts and amount of sales tax you have collected. Everyone has to collect sales tax in WA, unless you're working on government jobs, or doing a "professional" service. Service industries have to collect sales tax. When you get your Washington master business license (Dept of Revenue registration) you'll have the ability to then collect and pay the state.
Your annual reports will be due on last day of the anniversary of your initial filing. They cost $69 to file.
Registered Agent Washington State Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Washington forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Washington.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan 'service of process' and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly...We're just not annoying™.