Alabama Registered Agent Service
- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
- don't hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
Info your registered agent should help you know and understand:
- When filing a domestic Alabama corporation, you have the option of doing a name reservation over the phone with the Alabama Secretary of State for $10. They will mail you verification within 3 business days. If your name isn't approved, they will call you. You then have to pay $50 and file your articles at the county probate court of your Alabama registered office, or your Alabama resident agent. Then you also need to file your articles with the Alabama Secretary of State for another $100. This is important to note because different counties will charge more than others and be difficult to work with. Our county is one of the easiest, quickest to process the filings, and cheapest in the State of Alabama. The county forms to file are in your account instantly after signing up along with county filing procedures.
- A domestic Alabama LLC needs to file with the county probate court of the Alabama registered office for $50 and file with the AL SOS for $100. Since our registered agent office is in Birmingham, you would file in Shelby County. We have all the Shelby County filing forms, contact info, and instructions in your online account.
- A foreign corporation doesn't have to do any of the county filings, but gets a steeper filing fee of $150. You will need a registered agent. An AL foreign corp needs a name reservation first.
- A foreign LLC costs $150 to file, and also does not have to file at the county level. AL foreign LLCs are the ONLY easy filing in AL.
To qualify an out of state entity in Alabama you will need to get a certified copy of your initial articles of incorporation (for corporations) or articles of organization (for LLCs) as well as any amendments that you may have made over the years. A certificate of good standing is not required to qualify your entity in Alabama.
For foreign filings, you can fax file at 334-240-3138 with credit card payment. The signatures on the application for certificate of authority and home state articles do not need to be original. You can also mail your filing into the state. Filings for domestic entities still have to go to the county first and then the county forwards the articles to the state. You can pay Alabama an extra $100 to have them expedite the filing. Normal filings take 6 months and expedited filings take 10-14 days.
Upon completion of your Alabama filing, you will receive verification mailed to the return address of your envelope or a cover letter you include. You will also get a packet from the department of revenue.
There are annual reports due for corporations by March 15th (or the following business day if the 15th lands on a weekend) each year. They cost $10 and they are called the AL-CAR. You file these at the same time you file your Business Privilege tax return with the Department of Revenue.
C corporations file the CPT and S corporations file the PPT with the Alabama Department of Revenue by every March 15th.
LLCs are pass through entities and must file the PPT with the Alabama Department of Revenue by April 15th each year. LLCs have no annual reports with the Alabama Secretary of State.
EVERY entity, regardless of what you are, has to file an initial business privilege return within 2½ months of registering your business with the Secretary of State. Alabama sends you notice of this after a filing.
When you sign up for AL registered agent service with us, all the correct forms are available for you to download immediately in your account. You'll also get timely reminders from our system to file these reports.
Having a responsible registered agent is an added security, as if any of the mailings from the various Alabama state agencies gets returned to them, they will try to mail the items to your registered agent in Alabama.
Registered Agent Alabama Service Includes:
- Registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant Alabama forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in Alabama.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We'll send multiple business privilege tax filing reminders, and you can always track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan 'service of process' and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly...We're just not annoying™.