Incorporating Louisiana Corporations
What is a Louisiana corporation?
Louisiana corporations are separate legal entities established by the shareholders. The shareholders elect to have an incorporator make the action to incorporate a Louisiana corporation to create a separate entity from them personally.
How much do Louisiana corporations cost?
A Louisiana corporation will cost $75 to file the articles of incorporation
How do I form a Louisiana corporation?
You have to file the articles of incorporation and an initial report with the LA Secretary of State. It will take about a week to process your LA corporation articles of incorporation. You can mail, fax, or walk in the LA articles of incorporation form or you can file online. Louisiana Secretary of State has a couple of expedited processing options. If you pay a $30 fee they will process in 24 hours. If you file in person and pay a $50 fee, the SOS will process while you wait.
How do I record my incorporation filing with the Clerk of the Court?
Louisiana has a fairly unique requirement for newly incorporated corporations. They make you Record Incorporation in Louisiana with the Clerk of the Court.
How are Louisiana corporations regulated?
Louisiana Corporations are governed by Louisiana Code – Title 12 Corporations and Associations.
What do the Louisiana Articles of Incorporation require?
Articles of Incorporation:
- An incorporating Louisiana ending such as Inc, corporation, or incorporated
- A general or specific corporation purpose
- The duration may be limited or perpetual
- The amount of Louisiana corporation shares you would like to authorize
- The class of the corporation shares
- The par value of the shares
- The name, address, and signature of the Louisiana incorporator(s)
- Louisiana requires the articles of incorporation be notarized
LA Corporation Initial Report
- The name of the corporation
- The location of the corporations registered office in Louisiana
- The name and address of the Louisiana registered agent
- The initial director(s) name and address
- The LA corporation incorporator signature
- The initial report must be signed by the registered agent and notarized
You can do this yourself and use our free Louisiana corporate tools we provide in your online account, or you can pay our $100 incorporating Louisiana service fee and we’ll do it for you. When you pay us to form your Louisiana corporation, your money actually goes back into the local community. Why? Because we actually run a corporation in Louisiana, just like you.
What does your Louisiana incorporation service include?
- Drafting custom LA corporation articles of incorporation and corporation initial report.
- The incorporator initial resolutions.
- Louisiana corporate bylaws.
- The Louisiana corporation state filing fees.
- Registered agent service.
- Our fees are: $100 incorporating Louisiana service and $125 Louisiana corporate agent service.
Total incorporating Louisiana package for only $285 to form a Louisiana corporation, and that includes the state filing fees.
Do I need a Louisiana registered agent?
You need to include your Louisiana registered agent in your articles of incorporation. A registered agent will accept service of process and official mail for your business.
What are the ongoing fees for a Louisiana corporation?
The Louisiana annual report is filed with the Secretary of State. It costs $30.
What about Louisiana taxes?
Louisiana corporations must file Louisiana taxes. The corporate tax rate is Louisiana ranges from 4% to 8%.
How do I get a Federal Tax ID Number?
If you need a federal tax ID number, that can be obtained online immediately with the IRS.
What should I know about my Louisiana Corporation?
Forming a Louisiana corporation is just the beginning. We can help you with everything from registering a corporation in additional states, to reviving a delinquent corporation. We give you all the information you could possibly need. And when you sign up for service, we also give you all the forms and filing tips you may need in your online account.
- Register a Corporation in a Different State
- Louisiana Certified Copy
- Louisiana Apostille
- Reinstate a Louisiana Corporation
- Dissolve a Corporation in Louisiana
What corporate documents do I Need?
We know that you need to keep detailed corporate records. Please take advantage of the following Free Corporate Forms:
- Corporate Bylaws
- Stock Certificate
- First Board Meeting Minutes
- Corporate Resolution to Open a Bank Account
Should I form a Louisiana corporation?
If you are on the fence about incorporating in Louisiana, we suggest comparing the corporation with the Louisiana LLC.