Louisiana Registered Agent
When you choose Northwest as your Louisiana Registered Agent, you get instant service, Privacy by Default®, a business address, and free mail forwarding. And if you want more, you can get a domain name, website, email, and phone number for free.
Want to learn more about what a registered agent does in Louisiana? We'll explain the Louisiana Secretary of State requirements, what your registered agent should do for you, and how to change your registered agent in Louisiana.
When You Want More
$125 a Year Every Year
Northwest is the choice of professionals for registered agent service.
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications
- Privacy by Default®
- Business Address & Free Mail Forwarding
- Free Domain, Website, Email & Business Phone
What Is a Louisiana Registered Agent?
A Louisiana registered agent is the person or company that you appoint to accept important legal and state mail on behalf of your business. Louisiana requires all registered businesses to have a registered agent. Your registered agent’s name and address will be needed in order to complete your Maine LLC or corporation formation documents.
According to Louisiana law (LA Rev Stat § 12:1308), your registered agent must:
- Have a physical address (no P.O. Boxes or virtual offices) in the state of Louisiana.
- Keep regular business hours (9am to 5pm).
- Accept legal and state mail on behalf of your business and get those documents to you fast.
Choosing the right registered agent is important for the long term success of your business. At Northwest, we go above and beyond other registered agents, ensuring top flight security, enhanced privacy, and same-day document scans for all of our clients.
How Do I Change My Louisiana Registered Agent?
There are two ways to change your registered agent in Louisiana:
- Hire us and we’ll complete the change of agent form for you for free.
- Do it yourself and file a Notice of Change of Registered Agent and/or Registered Office form with the Louisiana Secretary of State.
Why Northwest Is the Best Registered Agent in Louisiana
Our Louisiana Registered Agent Service includes the tools you need to keep your business running without a hitch. When you hire Northwest as your registered agent, you get:
- Same-Day Scans, Instant Notifications: We accept and scan your docs at our local office the same day. We notify you instantly and reach out to you if your essential mail goes unread.
- Privacy by Default®: We automatically minimize the exposure of and access to your personal data. If we can put our address on a public doc instead of yours, we do. If we don’t have to list your personal info, we don’t. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data safe and private. And we never sell your data.
- Free Limited Mail Forwarding: Of course we’ll get you your state and legal mail. That’s our job. But what if we get some of your regular business mail? It happens a lot—clients and businesses trying to connect with you via your registered agent. We scan 5 documents per year for FREE. We can also scan additional mail at a per document rate of $15.
- Corporate Guides®: Have questions? We have answers. Our guides are business experts whose sole job is to provide phone and email support for all your toughest business questions.
Want more? Add free trials of any of these options at checkout:
- Domain Name: Choose a domain name from a list of popular extensions (like .com and .net).
- Website: We provide a pre-built business website, customizable using an open source platform.
- Business Email Address: Create up to 10 business email addresses of your choosing. They’ll end in your domain name for branding ease.
- Phone Number: Keep your personal line private by using a business phone number for client communications.
Get a Registered Agent Today!Get Started
How to Order Louisiana Registered Agent Service
You sign up online, clicking on one of the buttons or links that says “HIRE US.”
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
For new businesses, we’ll become your Louisiana registered agent service once your business registration filing with the Louisiana Secretary of State is complete.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Louisiana registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
It’s easy to add registered agent services in other states if your business expands. We have offices in every state. We don’t farm out work (or your info) to other companies—wherever you are, WE are your registered agent.
We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Louisiana registered agent service or paying a bill but for keeping up with Louisiana corporate compliance.
Louisiana Registered Agent FAQs
Who Needs A Registered Agent In Louisiana?
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Registered Agent Services?
Big data. If you’ve heard of the phrase “big data,” you’re probably afraid of it and should be. But you need not fear it in connection with Northwest. We don’t store your credit card information. We don’t sell your data to others to make money.
We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything to you in real time. Through our Online Service Manager, we’ll scan everything to you in real time. Your Louisiana registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for serious legal notices. We maintain our own registered offices in each state, and when you hire us for Louisiana registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Lafayette, LA. And we don’t just email you a copy of your notice. We utilize the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any Louisiana registered agent service to help make sure you and whoever you want to be notified don’t just get a notice but that you’re actually reviewing the documents.
Privacy. This shouldn’t be a whimsical decision. When the general public or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they’ll contact. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data private, trained staff who will not give away your information, and in-house data security professionals who stress test our own systems regularly. We also prosecute those who try to hack our system.
Collections. We pick up new clients switching registered agent services every day because they’re annoyed by their current registered agent’s billing policies. We don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. We’ve never sent a client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re just not annoying.” And this isn’t just a saying.
This is all we do. When you hire us for service, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. Registered agent service isn’t a line item on a profit and loss sheet. It’s not a dividend payment to our owners. It’s not an idea we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit we can grab. This isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.
What’s The Difference Between Louisiana Registered Agent, Statutory Agent, Resident Agent, And Agent For Service Of Process Services?
Nothing except the name.
Do I Hire A Registered Agent Before Or After I Start My Business In Louisiana?
You should hire us first and then form your LLC or corporation because the Louisiana secretary of state will reject your business registration filing if you don’t. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
Where Is Northwest’s Registered Office In Louisiana?
We accept and scan all of our Louisiana clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Lafayette, LA.
After You Accept Service Of Process, How Will You Get My Documents To Me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business we will scan the docs from our office in Lafayette within minutes to your online account.
Can I Have My Business’ Mail Delivered To Your Louisiana Office?
- That’s not what we do. We don’t want all your mail, but we do want to help you if possible.
- If you don’t have a lease at our address, the US Postal Service might not deliver your mail.
- As your registered agent in Louisiana, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
- If it happens that we receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in real time, in minutes.
Can I Use The Address Of Your Louisiana Registered Office For Everything On My Business Filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
How do I search for a Louisiana registered agent?
- You can do a Louisiana business name search.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify a business through their Louisiana registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.