Louisiana Annual Report Service & Filing Instructions
When You Want More
All Louisiana corporations, LLCs, and nonprofits must file a Louisiana Annual Report each year. These reports must be filed with the Louisiana Secretary of State. On this page, you’ll find instructions for how to file the Louisiana Annual Report yourself. We include due dates, filing fees, required information, and answers to common filing questions. Or, avoid the additional stress altogether and hire us to file for you!
Need to file in another state? Visit our State-by-State Annual Report Guide.
How to File Your Louisiana Annual Report
Filing your Louisiana Annual Report requires the following steps:
- Figure out your report due date and filing fee.
- File online OR print a paper form.
- Submit your report and fee to the Louisiana Secretary of State.
Louisiana Annual Report Due Dates and Fees
Louisiana Annual Report Fee Schedule
How to File
Corporations – foreign and domestic
Online or Paper Form
LLCs – foreign and domestic
Online or Paper Form
Nonprofits, Cooperatives, and Religious Corporations
Online or Paper Form
Late Fees: Louisiana doesn’t assess late fees for failing to file an annual report. However, you will lose your good standing in the state. If you are delinquent for more than 3 years, your business will be administratively dissolved or revoked of its rights to conduct business within the state.
*Credit card payments will be charged an additional $5 convenience fee.
Don’t remember when you formed your business? You can easily find your anniversary date by searching the Louisiana Business Database. Then, click the “details” button next to your business’s name. Your anniversary date will be listed under “Registration Date.”
Filing Your Louisiana Annual Report
You can file your Louisiana Annual Report online or by mail. Either way, you’ll need to visit the Louisiana Secretary of State website.
- On the state website, go to the Louisiana geauxBIZ login page. If you don’t already have an account, you’ll need to create one by clicking “Create an Account.”
- Once you’re successfully logged in, you’ll need to click “Get Started” on your dashboard.
- Then, select “File an Amendment such as an annual report, with the Louisiana Secretary of State.”
- You’ll be asked to enter your Louisiana charter number. You can easily find this by searching the Louisiana Business Database.
- On the business details page, click the “File Annual Report” button. You will then have the option of printing a blank annual report OR continuing with online filing.
Here’s a complete list of everything you’ll need to include, update, and/or verify on your Louisiana Annual Report:
- Business name.
- Registered agent name and address.
- Director/officer OR member/manager names and business addresses.
- Signature and title of the person filing the annual report.
If you file the Louisiana Annual Report online, you must pay the filing fee with a credit card. There will be an additional $5 convenience fee for all credit card payments. Mailed filings must include a check or money order.
Don’t want to stress about potential penalties? Worried you might forget to file? Hire Northwest Registered Agent to file your Louisiana Annual Report for you! We’ll make sure it gets done accurately and on time.
Get Louisiana Annual Report Service Today!GET STARTED
How Our Louisiana Annual Report Service Works
For $100 plus the state-mandated report fee, we’ll file your annual report. For most domestic businesses, that’s $135 total.
- You can sign up for this service by itself or add it to an existing service inside your client account. Compliance service is also automatically added when you hire us to provide your registered agent service or form your Louisiana LLC, Louisiana corporation or Louisiana nonprofit.
- Once you’re signed up for our business renewal service, you’ll pay nothing up front. We’ll send you a reminder 90 days before your filing due date and auto-charge your preferred payment method five days later.
Annual Report Service Benefits
At Northwest Registered Agent, we’re committed to protecting our clients’ privacy. Louisiana Annual Reports are public record, so we’re designed our annual report service to protect your privacy. Here’s how:
- In order to preserve your privacy, we will list OUR contact information instead of yours on the report form.
- Only the minimum required information will be included.
- We will list our IP address – limiting the connection between your cell phone, personal computer, and work computers – this makes it harder for advertisers to follow you.
- We will list our bank and credit card information – not yours.
We believe everyone has the right to keep their information private. That’s why privacy is our guiding principle when we create every service and product.
Louisiana Annual Report FAQ
Does Louisiana require new businesses to file initial reports?
It depends. All new Louisiana LLCs filing Articles of Organization with a paper form must include an initial report (this form is the last page of the state-provided articles document).
When you hire Northwest Registered Agent to form your Louisiana business, we’ll complete and file your initial report for you if needed.
Are there late fees or penalties if I don’t file my Louisiana Annual Report?
If you fail to file a Louisiana Annual Report, you won’t be charged a late fee, but you will lose your good standing. Additionally, your business will be administratively dissolved or revoked if you are delinquent for 3 or more years.
How long does it take to process a Louisiana Annual Report?
Online filings are processed immediately. Mailed filings will take 1-2 business days.
Who can file a Louisiana Annual Report?
After starting a business in Louisiana, your Louisiana Annual Report can be submitted by an officer/director, member/manager, or someone your business employs to file on its behalf. When you hire Northwest Registered Agent for business renewal service, we’ll file your Louisiana Annual Report for you!
Do Louisiana Annual Reports need original signatures?
If you choose to file by mail, you’ll need to provide original signatures and/or documents. However, if you file online, your report can be filed with electronic signatures and/or photocopies of original documents.
Where can I get more information about the State of Louisiana Annual Report filing?
Louisiana Secretary of State
8585 Archives Ave.
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
T: (225) 922-2880
Fax: (225) 922-2003
PO Box 94125
Baton Rouge, LA 70804