- We locally scan all docs to you in real time.
- Your instant account has every state form you could file; pre-populated with our info.
- Our filing instructions and tips allow you to pay states direct; no markups.
- don't hook you with a lower price only to later upsell you.
- include compliance service tools.
- will actually be your registered agent.
New Jersey registered agent, New Jersey resident agent
Why you need a New Jersey registered agent:
- Registered agents are required by New Jersey for all registered businesses.
- The Division of Revenue will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- Basically, the registered agent requirement exists so the state and general public have a reliable system to contact your business.
Note: When you begin your business filing with the state, you may be confused when looking for the proper forms to file. New Jersey is the only state that uses a universal form for all business entities. So no matter what kind of business entity you’re forming, you’ll be using the same form.
Why your life will be better if you hire us:
- It’s not personal, but you’ll likely struggle with your business filing. Why? Because business filings in New Jersey are confusing. You file with the Department of Revenue, not the Secretary of State. Everything in New Jersey is a little different. But we do filings here every day and when you hire us, as part of our NJ registered agent service, we’ll instantly provide you with filing instructions, tips, order sheets, and the forms you need to file.
- Call us! We’re here to help walk you through the process of starting your new business. When you have a question, just call. The people who answer the phones don’t read from scripts or try to sell you anything—we’re just here to help.
- We have the most sophisticated business-compliance reminder system in the industry. After forming a corporation or LLC, you’ll have ongoing requirements like the New Jersey annual report, which is due to the NJ Department of the Treasury each year on the last day of the anniversary month of the entity’s formation in New Jersey (these reports must be filed online). To help, we offer complete corporate services in New Jersey with our registered agent service. You can always see upcoming report dates for every state where we’re your registered agent. Your reminders are always based off your real corporate data, the same data the state sees. And if legislative laws change and affect your business, you’ll know about it. We do the work for you programmatically on the backend and provide you with not only a reminder, but the forms you need to file (LLC forms, corporation forms, annual report forms, etc.) already prepopulated with your information on them—all at no additional charge.
- Free tools. We don’t simply send you a bill for providing registered agent service. We offer all the corporate legal forms you need to maintain your LLC, nonprofit, charity, corporation, LLP, or any other type of New Jersey business. You need only enter your information once into our system, and that data will be available to populate all kinds of corporate forms like annual meetings, amendments, and new registrations in additional states.
What makes Northwest different from other registered agent services?
- Big data. If you’ve heard of the phrase “big data,” you’re probably afraid of it and should be. But you need not fear it in connection with Northwest. We don’t store your credit card information. We don’t sell your data to others to make money.
- We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything to you in real time. Your New Jersey registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for serious legal notices. We maintain our own registered offices in each state and when you hire us for New Jersey registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Marlton, NJ. And we don’t just email you a copy of your notice. Our service utilizes the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any New Jersey registered agent service to help make sure you, and whomever you want to be notified, you don’t just get a notice but that you’re actually reviewing the documents.
- Privacy. This shouldn’t be a whimsical decision. When the general public or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they’ll contact. We have tough privacy policies to keep your data private, trained staff who will not give away your information, and in-house data security professionals who stress test our own systems regularly. We also prosecute those who try to hack our system.
- Collections. We pick up new clients switching registered agent services every day because they’re annoyed by their current registered agent’s billing policies. We don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, don’t. We’ve never sent a client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re just not annoying.” This isn’t just a saying, it’s motto we live by.
- This is all we do. When you hire us for service, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. Registered agent service isn’t a line item on a profit and loss sheet. It’s not a dividend payment to our owners. It’s not an idea we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit we can grab. This isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.
What do New Jersey registered agents do?
- Accept documents on behalf of your business in New Jersey and get them to you.
- NJ registered agents need to have a physical address (no P.O. boxes) in the state of New Jersey where they can accept legal documents (services of process) and official mail. This location is called a registered office.
- Keep normal business hours.
What are the requirements for New Jersey registered agents?
According to the New Jersey Corporations and Associations Act (14A:4-1.), whether your business is a limited liability company (LLC), C-corp, or S-corp, the state of New Jersey requires the same from its registered agents:
- The NJ registered agent must be a state resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- NJ registered agents must maintain a registered office (a physical address in New Jersey).
- Accept legal documents (service of process) during normal business hours.
- If an individual is appointed, he or she must be at least 18 years of age.
What is a New Jersey registered agent?
- A New Jersey resident or corporation that maintains a registered office address in New Jersey and is willing to accept service of process and official mail on behalf of a business.
What’s the difference between New Jersey registered agent, statutory agent, and resident agent services?
- Nothing except the name.
How do I search for a New Jersey registered agent?
- You can do a New Jersey business name search.
- Type in the name of the company you’re searching for.
- In the results, you’ll find the registered agent’s name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify a business through their New Jersey registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How to change your New Jersey registered agent:
- File a change of agent form with the New Jersey Division of Revenue.
- If you place an order with us, the form will be available instantly.
- It’s a simple process, but for more info, see our change your New Jersey registered agent page.
Where is Northwest’s registered office in New Jersey?
We accept and scan all of our New Jersey clients’ documents on-site at our registered office in Marlton, NJ.
After you accept service of process, how will you get my documents to me?
When we accept a document on behalf of your business we will scan the docs from our office in Marlton in minutes to your online account. We created a registered agent infographic to illustrate our document delivery system.
Can I have my business’ mail delivered to your New Jersey office?
- That’s not what we do. We don’t want all your mail, but we do want to help you if possible.
- If you don’t have a lease at our address, the US Postal Service might not deliver your mail.
- As your registered agent in New Jersey, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
- If it happens that we receive any mail for you, though, we’ll scan it to you in real time, in minutes.
Can I use the address of your New Jersey registered office for everything on my business filing?
Definitely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our address for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private address off public records.
Will you let me know when my New Jersey annual report is due?
Absolutely! If you own an LLC or corporation in New Jersey, you’ll need to file your NJ annual report each year. As part of our registered agent service, we’ll not only send you a reminder, but we’ll give you the form you need to file and instructions on how to file it.
How do New Jersey registered agents get served?
Serving a registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether you receive the documents your New Jersey registered agent signs for on your business’ behalf, once they accept the documents, you’ve been notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly. This is how it works:
- A process server, the county sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us the documents (service of process), which we sign for.
- The process server then gives an affidavit (a receipt of service) to the court as confirmation that they “served” us.
Note: If you’ve hired us, long before the server hands in their affidavit to the court, you’ve received your documents because we scanned them to your online account within minute of having been served.
How do I get registered agent service in New Jersey?
- You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
- We’ll become your New Jersey registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the New Jersey Division of Revenue.
- We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
- About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of New Jersey registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
- We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
- We make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for New Jersey registered agent service or paying a bill, but for keeping up with New Jersey corporate paperwork formalities like the New Jersey annual report.
Do I hire a registered agent before or after I start my business in New Jersey?
You should hire us first and then form your LLC or corporation because the New Jersey Division of Revenue will reject your business registration filing if you don’t. You’ll find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
How do I get started?
- Place an order for New Jersey registered agent service.
- Access the forms you want to file.
- Read our instructions and filing tips.
- File your LLC or corporation filings with the New Jersey Division of Revenue.
- If you don’t want to make the filing yourself, place an order in your online account to have us do it for you.
- The New Jersey Division of Revenue will process your filing.
- We’ll be your New Jersey registered agent.
Who needs a registered agent in New Jersey?
Anyone forming a New Jersey LLC or corporation in New Jersey.
New Jersey Registered Agent Resources:
What is a registered agent?
New jersey registered agent resignation
Registered Agent New Jersey Service Includes:
- Instant registered agent services annual price: $125.
- Instant New Jersey forms located directly in your online account to make a filing in New Jersey.
- State resources in your registered agent service account, with self-filing instructions to help you.
- We send multiple annual report reminders, and you can also track your due dates in your online account.
- We locally scan ‘service of process’ and all documents to you in real-time for no added cost.
- And, most importantly…We’re just not annoying™.